JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I could not imagine having to shoot a dog. If it came down to it, I would, but I think it would mess me up for a long time.

Irresponsible dog owners are a scourge on society — their main cruelty is to the animal they claim to love. Improperly trained dogs actually lead a sad, stressful existence.
I'm right there with you on that score. I will if the "hot sauce" doesn't work tho. I'll take a bite, but not more bites from a savage attack.

My wife has been encountering a small(ish) territorial dog on her daily walks. She almost used the pepper spray on him this morning. I may have to go find where the dog lives and tell the owner his dog is going to get some bad juju if they don't keep it in the yard or house.

I'm right there with you on that score. I will if the "hot sauce" doesn't work tho. I'll take a bite, but not more bites from a savage attack.

My wife has been encountering a small(ish) territorial dog on her daily walks. She almost used the pepper spray on him this morning. I may have to go find where the dog lives and tell the owner his dog is going to get some bad juju if they don't keep it in the yard or house.
Careful. People these days...

My plan is to be informative, not confrontational. But yes, one has to watch out, the adversary gets to choose how the encounter will go. I'm pretty good at keeping my ego in check, and know how to walk away.

Thx for the cautionary note...
Many people sadly immediately consider 'informative' as 'confrontational' these days. As if it's an affront to their existence. We've all bern taught how GD special we all are. This narcissism will be our undoing.

Good luck.

Many people sadly immediately consider 'informative' as 'confrontational' these days. As if it's an affront to their existence. We've all bern taught how GD special we all are. This narcissism will be our undoing.

Good luck.
This is much too true in all aspects of our modern lives, and one reason why law enforcement has become so hard. Can't just talk to people any more... they go ballistic too often.

But the alternative to making an effort, and walking away if you have to, is to allow the bad behavior to continue. Not in my world. ;)

I'm very polite, but I'm also armed. I won't go looking for a fight, but I won't let my wife be menaced on the street every day. If I had crims on the street down there, I'd have to consider going all Clint Eastwood on them. Or move. There's places where the effort to correct just isn't worth the trouble.

We'll see what happens. I gotta find out where that dog actually lives first.

I'm amazed.

All those session she had on the range, teaching her how to use her handgun properly and within the law and she does something like this.

I'm amazed, I tell you, AND shocked. :rolleyes:

Well, no, looking at her, I'm not one bit surprised, that's cruel, I know, but....................................

There's no proof in the vid that it's an aggressive dog, as the title suggests. The actual encounter takes place out of sight. It's the same dog from the "puppy" thread, yes?

Bozo owner actually LET the dog out because he was barking at the door, and then didn't seem too upset after 3 shots were fired.... Richards all the way around.

Interesting that the perp actually had her gun out long before the dog went into the street.

I noticed that as well. Way too jumpy.
That explains a lot. Shooting one handed also. Maybe the type of person that is allowed to own a gun but shouldn't???

I wonder how long she has owned the weapon. She obviously has no training and never practices. Might be the first time she ever shot the weapon. Unless she went to the Chicago School of Gangsta Shooting Style...

There's no proof in the vid that it's an aggressive dog, as the title suggests. The actual encounter takes place out of sight. It's the same dog from the "puppy" thread, yes?
I'm thinking it is - IE the 'puppy' thread and yes, I saw NO 'aggressiveness'

Hard to tell but it appears her 2nd shot was in the general direction of the dog owner.

I'm thinking it is - IE the 'puppy' thread and yes, I saw NO 'aggressiveness'

Hard to tell but it appears her 2nd shot was in the general direction of the dog owner.
I don't see well enough to tell if she was shooting at the owner. That would actually be Zen. lol

The dog, while in view, seems excited, but it's movements don't suggest aggressiveness to me. I would imagine it was the same while out of view, but the perp is obviously a fearful person. Yes, protect the kids, but please don't shoot them or dogs that aren't really being aggressive. Barking is not, by itself, a sign of aggression.

I noticed that as well. Way too jumpy.
Amazing how many poeple are jumpy now after covid isolation. Check out this video that happened last month in Woodstock neighborhood of Portland. Guy walking dog and maces a kitten on sidewalk. I mean holy moly what is that little cat going to do to the much bigger dog? (I'm trying very hard to refrain from making any snarky comments about the cat owner audio).
Just saw this on Neighbors: https://neighbors.ring.com/n/zdPyPyQIKz

Amazing how many poeple are jumpy now after covid isolation. Check out this video that happened last month in Woodstock neighborhood of Portland. Guy walking dog and maces a kitten on sidewalk. I mean holy moly what is that little cat going to do to the much bigger dog? (I'm trying very hard to refrain from making any snarky comments about the cat owner audio).
Just saw this on Neighbors: https://neighbors.ring.com/n/zdPyPyQIKz
Maybe it's just what Potland living does to you and not the Covid lockdown...

That explains a lot. Shooting one handed also. Maybe the type of person that is allowed to own a gun but shouldn't???

I wonder how long she has owned the weapon. She obviously has no training and never practices. Might be the first time she ever shot the weapon. Unless she went to the Chicago School of Gangsta Shooting Style...
More likley the type of person not allowed to own a gun but does anyway. And who would not face any sentencing enhancements and be ROR in a place like Los Angeles Multnomah, King, Deschutes, San Francisco, Hennepin, Ramsey, Wayne counties because worthless woke SJW DAs refuse to do their bubblegumming jobs.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top