JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes, you can or I CAN BLAME the dog. I do blame the dog. The dog is NOT an inanimate object that jumped out of a home willy nilly and decided to charge/run after a kid or other people.

I blame the dumb @@@ Mother AND the dog owner too.

BOTH of them are to blame but if a DOG chases, charges or tries to attack any kid, any adult of any age, even an elderly person or another pet or FARM ANIMAL... the DOG did the deed.

But meanwhile the idiots who BRED a kid AND are irresponsible parents and/or OWNED and did not TRAIN THEIR DOG properly are to blame too.

The dog should have stayed inside the home or on the property and NOT chased or run down the street or sidewalk.

Your mileage may vary. NO problem.

Western culture, THIS SIDE of the continental divide, has an entirely different outlook when it comes to their PETS or dogs in many cases - that is one thing that I have noticed a LOT. My MT born and raised husband tells me that HE sees people that think this way when it comes to not blaming the poor pet aka dog. LOL NO offense. EFF that thinking is my outlook.

Talk to some ranchers out HERE and farmers back east too that I know and you will get an EARFUL about LOOSE AND CHARGING so called domesticated PETS and FERAL DOGS and both of them RUN IN PACKS.

Some of these PET OWNERS REMIND ME of the stupid and irresponsible BIKE RIDERS in town and outside of town too.

Take care.

Cate
The dog was being a dog. Sorry, ridiculous to assign blame to an animal. Yes, people need to keep control of their dogs. But the neck-tatted shooter's response was a bit disproportionate, don't you think?

Neck tattoos don't automatically make someone a bad person. Just saying.
I never said they did. However, a pretty good sign of gang affiliation. I'm sure there are a few upstanding citizens who are bona fide tattoo enthusiasts and have neck tats for the sheer joy of it. But I can guarantee you they are the exception. Neck tattoo in its own? Sure, benefit of the doubt. Person recklessly discharges a firearm in a residential neighborhood and in the presence of a 5-yo? No surprise she has a neck tat and I'm willing to bet good money a rap sheet to match. Shockingly (not shockingly) the media has not disclosed a syllable about her background. Which is a guarantee she has one...

That's the second comment pointing blame at the media. The article does NOT mention gun control or anything of the sort. What is there not to trust here?

It's called news. And a woman spraying and praying at a puppy and in the process shooting her 5 year old son is going to make the news regardless. Not all gun owners are smart, responsible or even CAPABLE of owning one SAFELY.
it doesn't have to mention 'gun safety' (the new word for gun control). You yourself acknowledged this is "the kind of story that makes gun owners look bad."

That said, poor media is in a pickle over this one. Can you guess why?

That said, poor media is in a pickle over this one. Can you guess why?
Well, I don't see the media being in a 'pickle' over this as it's not a particularly 'high profile' story and I am sure it was given limited coverage due to the 'demographic' of the shooter and covered up equally as well.

Hey, I agree with you on all fronts - if this would have been a white Joe E. Sixpack, Lew-Bob or Clem Earl behind the gun it would be still be on the radar of the MSMs.

Cover it up as quickly as possible so they don't have to resort to the excuse of 'race' as the only reason this person being chastised for her actions - as even the dems know 'race' is getting to be an old, worn out excuse.

Last Edited:
Well, I don't see the media being in a 'pickle' over this as it's not a particularly 'high profile' story and I am sure it was given limited coverage due to the 'demographic' of the shooter and covered up equally as well.

Hey, I agree with you on all fronts - if this would have been a white Joe E. Sixpack, Lew-Bob or Clem Earl behind the gun it would be still be on the radar of the MSMs.
Hence the pickle! They are torn between their hatred of gun owners and firearms and their displeasure with negative reporting about certain demographics.

You and I both know precisely why this is not a high profile story as you correctly assert.

Gee,

I did not even mention TATS in any of my posts to any person here.

So I have NO clue why that was brought up or someone thought that I did mention TATS which I never did.

NOT IN ONE POST DID I MENTION TATS.

I assign blame as I mentioned previously.

DUMB BUNNY MOTHER

DUMB BUNNY DOG OWNER

DOG

So take it or leave it.

People who refuse to PUT BLAME on a living breathing person and/or an animal with a PULSE remind me of LIBERALS who want to blame an INANIMATE OBJECT like a gun, a knife, a swimming pool, etc. INSTEAD of the Human Being and/or ANIMAL.

Cate

Neck tattoos don't automatically make someone a bad person. Just saying.
For the record,

I never even mentioned tats in any of my responses. NOT one of them.

I do realize that some TATS have been known to show prison time or gang affiliation.

But I have seen some pictures of military people who had some TATS on their body who were NEVER IN PRISON or IN A GANG.

I CHOOSE to NOT have tats and holes all over my body other than one small hole in each ear lobe for nice looking - simple earrings.

Take care.

Cate

The dog was being a dog. Sorry, ridiculous to assign blame to an animal. Yes, people need to keep control of their dogs. But the neck-tatted shooter's response was a bit disproportionate, don't you think?
Mister,

You may need to REREAD what I wrote about who I thought was to blame. How many times do I have to retype it?! LOL

MOTHER
DOG OWNER
DOG

NO one gets off the hook and that type of thinking (!) is totally irresponsible.

People and animals get to be responsible for ALL OF THEIR ACTIONS.

I did not even bring up TATS. I think that MOST people especially FEMALES look kind of you know what with such things on their bodies including hole piercings all over too.

But your mileage may vary.

That is all.

Cate

Neck tattoos
I didn't see the neck tattoos. But I did see tattoos on her ear flaps. Never seen the like before. Pretty stylish, I'd say.

The part about a "puppy." Before I read the text, I had visions of an eight week old animal. One of my former neighbors had a boxer, I'm not sure such a dog at six months would qualify as a puppy in an average person's mind. But it makes for good, eye-catching copy. Could be the woman legitimately thought she was gonna be attacked. Things like this episode usually occur in the blink of an eye.

I guess the markswoman cannot sue the shooter of her child in this case.

Mister,

You may need to REREAD what I wrote about who I thought was to blame. How many times do I have to retype it?! LOL

MOTHER
DOG OWNER
DOG

NO one gets off the hook and that type of thinking (!) is totally irresponsible.

People and animals get to be responsible for ALL OF THEIR ACTIONS.

I did not even bring up TATS. I think that MOST people especially FEMALES look kind of you know what with such things on their bodies including hole piercings all over too.

But your mileage may vary.

That is all.

Cate
Madam,

I don't need to reread anything. You are suggesting an animal can be held accountable for its actions. It cannot.

Ummmmm, when I was Prez of the local bird dog field trial club, Puppy Division was a dog 1yr old or less. They may not look like a pup, but they still have a puppy nature.

I don't shoot dogs that approach, I wait to see what they are going to do. Some look friendly, some look aggressive, and some you just can't tell. One day I parked in the lot at work, got out, when a neighbor opened the door of his house and his Pit Bull ran out at me, wagging his tail the entire time. I couldn't read his face, and I thought he was coming to greet me and get a pat on the head with a scruff behind the ears............ but he bit me just below the kneecap; it went thru the pants and punctured me. Fortunately, for both of us, he let go when his owner called him back. The owner was appalled, you see, his dog is not like that. Oh yeah.

My step daughter has a huge German Shepard that is one year old... that dog has every bit a puppy personality. Used to be, most dogs didn't get serious guard dog or bird dog training until they were at least a year old. But basic obedience training is a must.

If a dog bounds out of the house when a door is opened, esp to go greet a random stranger on the street, that lack of obedience is on the dog owner or trainer. I think most owners don't realize the need to have that in the dog's training regime, but this is the reason why it's important to have your dog under your control.

Dog trainer Victoria Stilwell deals with this behavior problem for dog owners all the time. You can catch her show "It's Me or the Dog" on YouTube.

Ummmmm, when I was Prez of the local bird dog field trial club, Puppy Division was a dog 1yr old or less. They may not look like a pup, but they still have a puppy nature.

I don't shoot dogs that approach, I wait to see what they are going to do. Some look friendly, some look aggressive, and some you just can't tell. One day I parked in the lot at work, got out, when a neighbor opened the door of his house and his Pit Bull ran out at me, wagging his tail the entire time. I couldn't read his face, and I thought he was coming to greet me and get a pat on the head with a scruff behind the ears............ but he bit me just below the kneecap; it went thru the pants and punctured me. Fortunately, for both of us, he let go when his owner called him back. The owner was appalled, you see, his dog is not like that. Oh yeah.

My step daughter has a huge German Shepard that is one year old... that dog has every bit a puppy personality. Used to be, most dogs didn't get serious guard dog or bird dog training until they were at least a year old. But basic obedience training is a must.

If a dog bounds out of the house when a door is opened, esp to go greet a random stranger on the street, that lack of obedience is on the dog owner or trainer. I think most owners don't realize the need to have that in the dog's training regime, but this is the reason why it's important to have your dog under your control.

Dog trainer Victoria Stilwell deals with this behavior problem for dog owners all the time. You can catch her show "It's Me or the Dog" on YouTube.
I could not imagine having to shoot a dog. If it came down to it, I would, but I think it would mess me up for a long time.

Irresponsible dog owners are a scourge on society — their main cruelty is to the animal they claim to love. Improperly trained dogs actually lead a sad, stressful existence.

Also, Cesar Milan has dog owners go thru the door first. That keeps the owner as the Alpha, and trains the dog not to jump out ahead. A dog so trained is much less likely to bound out when the door is opened, because it knows it must wait for the master to go thru the door first.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top