JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Law abiding gun owners fully support throwing the book at people like this. No need for more laws, there's plenty of them in place already.

She was...

After HPD consulted with prosecutors in the Harris County District Attorney's Office, Vargas was charged with one count of deadly conduct—discharge of a firearm in the 185 State District Court. HPD specifically pointed out that Vargas "had fired across a public roadway and in the direction of two occupied houses."
That is shocking, ladies especially mothers often get a slap on the wrist

So many layers of duhhhhmmmmb-ah. I've never met a mean boxer for starters.
At least now she doesn't have that gun to do any real damage.
Would be nice if there was more info on why she felt obliged to start shooting up the hood over a random 'puppy' with its owner in tow.

Bing search it "woman accidently shoots her own young child" . We have 350 million people and 400 million guns in America and accidents like this are very rare yet media will turn accidents against all gun owners. You can't trust media.

That's the second comment pointing blame at the media. The article does NOT mention gun control or anything of the sort. What is there not to trust here?

It's called news. And a woman spraying and praying at a puppy and in the process shooting her 5 year old son is going to make the news regardless. Not all gun owners are smart, responsible or even CAPABLE of owning one SAFELY.

That's the second comment pointing blame at the media. The article does NOT mention gun control or anything of the sort. What is there not to trust here?

It's called news. And a woman spraying and praying at a puppy and in the process shooting her 5 year old son is going to make the news regardless.
Well howdy. ;) so an old man repeating his opinion is a fault or what?:D

Nah, no faults going on here. Just a discussion, and me voicing my opinions just like you voiced yours. Kinda how internet forums work. :D
Being old and decrepit i have read a lot of news in my life and form opinions but not without reinforcing them. Media doesn't have to add to some stories because the story leads the thinking. Folks on both sides see the story from their side.

What I have fun with is turning the story around and searching how media followed. For instance Bing search "woman saves her young child by using a firearm". How often do you read those stories? I love opinions built on life but mine are just mine and if I offend people here I hope they ignore me and not cancel me. :confused: :s0093:

Heck I was on Facebook and they didn't like anything I posted in the news and their ccp fact checkers said it was all a lie and took my news post down. Basically canceled my opinion on every story I posted.

I don't go there now.

Last Edited:
Being old and decrepit i have read a lot of news in my life and form opinions but not without reinforcing them. Media doesn't have to add to some stories because the story leads the thinking. Folks on both sides see the story from their side.

What I have fun with is turning the story around and searching how media followed. For instance Bing search "woman saves her young child by using a firearm". How often do you read those stories? I love opinions built on life but mine are just mine and if I offend people here I hope they ignore me and not cancel me. :confused: :s0093:

No offense taken here, my skin is way thicker than that. And I appreciate your opinions and input. 🍻 😎

She has a face that, to me, says, 'I might look like I'm here, but I'm not really...' and what's that stuff in her ears?

1622813310972.png
AAKDpDT.jpg

I love dogs but the owner is responsible for his LOOSE DOG no matter who he thought was at the door.

The so called MOTHER of the shot kid is an idiot too.

BOTH OF THEM ARE AT FAULT BUT THE OWNER OF A PUPPY OR ANY AGE DOG IS STILL RESPONSIBLE FOR IT'S ACTIONS. NO EXCUSES.

BY THE WAY, SOME NASTY LITTLE DOGS CAN BE BITERS TOO. BUT PUT IN SOME BREEDS AND THE SIZE OF THEM... WELL I BETTER SHUT UP BECAUSE IT WILL GET THIS THREAD SHUT DOWN. LA LA LAND FOR SOME PET OWNERS BECAUSE THEIR SWEET DOGS WOULD NEVER EVER DO A MEAN THING.

BY THE WAY, THE OTHER STORY THAT WAS POSTED ABOUT THE DUCK AND THE MAN SHOOTING HIS GUN AT THE ONE DOG WAS SOMETHING. THAT VERY DAY, AFTER I READ IT HERE, A COUPLE OF ROTTS ATTACKED AND KILLED A 10 MONTH OLD BABY WHILE IT'S DAD WENT OUT TO CHECK HIS LAWN SPRINKLER. IN THEIR OWN HOME AND THEY OWNED THE ROTTS. IT WAS IN NC.

THEN IN MT, SOME GRANDPARENTS HAD SOME ROTTS AND THEY KILLED A BOY ABOUT 4 YEARS OLD. NO ONE COULD UNDERSTAND THAT. HUH? THAT WAS ALL OVER OUR LOCAL NEWS AND IN NATIONAL PAPERS.

THEN THERE WERE OTHER TRUE STORIES ABOUT A PIT AND A PIT MIX THAT MAULED AND KILLED A WOMAN IN HER 60'S HERE IN MT. ON HER OWN LAND. LOOSE DOGS - THE WOMAN WAS KEPT ALIVE FOR HER ORGANS. THIS WAS A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO. THE OWNER OF THOSE DOGS SAID THAT HIS DOGS NEVER DID SUCH THINGS AND HE COULD NOT UNDERSTAND IT.

SOME OTHER DOGS GOT ATTACKED BY OTHER DOGS AND KILLED IN SOME STUPID @@@ DOG PARKS HERE RECENTLY TOO. PLUS ON SOME TRAILS.

NOW HERE IS MY STORY - ONE OF THEM. EXCUSE THE LARGE PRINT FOR MY OLD EYES HERE PLEASE. THANK YOU.

A LARGE, MEAN/VICIOUS, CHARGING and LOOSE BOXER in 1966 on University Parkway (MD) got OFF of it's property and CHARGED my dog and me walking my Cocker Spaniel puppy on a LEASH on a public sidewalk. (Kelly was surprise gift to me for my 16th birthday from my Aunt C. who was our family lawyer and Mom's best friend from college.)

I WAS WALKING MY DOG LEGALLY AND PEACEFULLY and did NOT EVEN SEE the dog come at us out of the corner of my Rx eyeglasses. I have worn Rx eyeglasses since I was 5 years old but I did NOT even see or HEAR THIS COMING - THIS CHARGE!

The DOG, a boxer male, that charged me and MY dog got ahold if his neck and would NOT let go of it and I tried to kick apart them but the FREAKING !@#$%^&*()_+ dog would not let go and literally tried to kill and bite my puppy's small neck.

IT was a nice day out and the sun was shining.

People even men who got off of some public busses TRIED TO BEAT THE BOXER with their briefcases and the boxer would not let go.

I SCREAMED FOR HELP AND HAD NOTHING TO DEFEND MYSELF OR MY CS PUPPY! It was still on a leash!

Finally, some so called CARETAKER came out and called his dog, the dog did not listen to him so he got his worthless caretaker's @@@ over and took his dog by the neck and was pulling it off of my puppy.

I was almost in SHOCK crying, screaming and ANGRY. IF I had a KNIFE ON ME at 16 years old on that nice street in a QUIET/PEACEFUL AREA... I WOULD HAVE STABBED THAT EFFING BOXER. UH HUH. IF I had a gun on me - I would have shot it if I KNEW WHAT TO DO and could make a good aim at the VICIOUS BOXER MALE DOG.

POLICE REPORTS AND ANIMAL CONTROL WERE CALLED BY MY MOM and MY AUNT CATHERINE, NOT A BLOOD RELATIVE BUT MENTOR OF MINE TOO, AS MENTIONED ABOVE - MADE SURE OF THAT. WE HAD OTHER WITNESSES TO ALL OF THIS. They gave their info to the police and the police went to my home with my dog and me. The VET checked out Kelly. I did not know what PTSD was but for the few incidents in my life when it came to VERY SPECIFIC THINGS - that was one of them right there. My poor Kelly was shaking so hard as a puppy - I am sure it scarred him for life too.

I do NOT TRUST very SPECIFIC BREEDS TO THIS DAY. This has proven to help me because it still goes on.

I do not trust or like dumb @@@ owners NO matter what EXCUSE THAT THEY GIVE when it comes to their LOOSE, CHARGING AND VICIOUS DOGS - KEEP YOUR DOGS ON A LEASH AND ON YOUR OWN PROPERTY.

I have mentioned this story elsewhere HERE and on other forums. I can specifically name some top breeds and their dumb owners.

BACK TO 1966 NOW, If my old former German Shepherd was alive when I was 16 years old - she could have FOUGHT BACK even if she was old. But she was dead.

So tell me how a small 16 year old girl with a small puppy COULD FIGHT that effing dog?!

Kelly was the only male dog that I owned in my life and my Aunt C went down to VA to pick it out with another friend, one of her partners wives, Bernie's wife, at my AC's old, famous law firm.

I have had trouble with ONE ! LOOSE/VICIOUS DOG in Maryland, ONE ! LOOSE/VICIOUS DOG in my former Great Lakes state - rural area - FARM/LAKE COUNTRY and MANY FREAKING LOOSE/VICIOUS DOGS OUT HERE IN MT INCLUDING ON MY OWN LAND.

I CAN NAME THE BREEDS. I CAN NAME THE PEOPLE WHO SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN BRED THEMSELVES WORSE OFF BEING IRRESPONSIBLE AND NASTY OWNERS WHO DO NOT CONTROL THEIR DOGS.

IN MY FORMER STATE, THE LOOSE ROTT WAS HANDLED. I CALLED THE OWNER OF THE LAND WHO DID NOT LIVE ON THE PROPERTY. I CALLED THE ANIMAL CONTROL PEOPLE AND THE SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT TOO.

I ALWAYS CARRIED A GUN ON MY OWN PROPERTY AFTER THAT INCIDENT.

THAT ROTT WAS ON A POODLE CHAIN AND CAME TO ATTACK ME MOWING MY OWN LAWN ON A TRACTOR.

MY OWN DOGS WERE IN A SECURE KENNEL WHILE I WAS MOWING MY OWN LAWN ON MY OWN PROPERTY.

I TOLD EVERYONE IF THAT DOG EVER TRIED TO ATTACK ME AGAIN OR ANY OTHER FREAKING - VICIOUS DOG, IT WEIGHED MORE THAN I DID - I THINK, THAT I WOULD SHOOT IT AND I WOULD HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO DO THIS TOO.

MY OWN FEMALE GERMAN SHEPHERD AND FEMALE, POUND PUPPY ADOPTED SAMYOYED WOULD HAVE DEFENDED ME BUT BEING I WAS MOWING - THEY WERE NOT LOOSE OR ON A LEASH AND SAFELY IN THEIR KENNEL.

PLUS I WAS ON THE OTHER END OF MY LAND BY THE EAST SIDE OF MY LARGE BRICK HOUSE. I SCREAMED AND SCREAMED - NO ONE CAME TO HELP ME OR HEARD ME. MY LATE HUSBAND WAS AT WORK. OLD NEIGHBORS BY THE CORNER FARM AREA DID NOT HEAR ME. NO OWNER OF THE ROTT WAS AT HOME. NOTHING BUT WOODS AND FARM FIELDS.

IT FINALLY RAN BECAUSE EVERY TIME THAT I TRIED TO PUT MY FEET DOWN TO THE CLUTCH AND GAS PEDALS ON THE TRACTOR IT TRIED TO BITE ME AND WAS FOAMING AT THE MOUTH. FINALLY, I FLOORED THE TRACTOR AND KEPT SCREAMING THAT I WOULD KILL IT TO IT'S FACE PLUS SOME MORE CUSS WORDS.
DO NOT LAUGH BUT I PRAYED AND I CRIED AND I SCREAMED SOME MORE. I WAS SOAKING WET AND SHAKING WITH FEAR AND SWEAT TOO. I AM SURE THAT THE BIG MALE ROTT SMELLED MY FEAR TOO.

I WILL NOT EVEN BOTHER TO TELL ABOUT THE MT FOLKS WHO ARE JUST PLAIN STUPID WITH THEIR DOGS AND OTHER WESTERN FOLKS. FINALLY - ANIMAL CONTROL AND THE POLICE WILL DO SOMETHING BUT THEY TAKE A LONG TIME TO DO JACK SQUAT. I HAVE MENTIONED THIS ELSEWHERE.

I AM SURE THAT SOME PEOPLE HAVE NICE DOGS BUT THEY ARE RESPONSIBLE OWNERS IN SOME 'BREEDS' THAT I MAY NOT LIKE.

I HAVE HAD GS FEMALES AND A COUPLE OF GS WITH A BIT OF COLLIE IN THEM TOO. BUT MOSTLY GERMAN SHEPHERDS MY ENTIRE LIFE SINCE I WAS ONE YEAR OLD. I HAVE HAD 2 OR 3 CS IN MY LIFE TOO. ONE WAS WHEN I WAS A BABY. PLUS I HAD THE ADOPTED POUND PUPPY FINNISH PUPPY - SAMOYED FEMALE THAT I CALLED MUFFIE.

MY GS AND MY LATE HUSBAND'S GS BEFORE HE WENT INTO THE MILITARY - VOLUNTEER - USN - NAM WERE MOSTLY BRED FOR POLICE WORK, BLIND PEOPLE AND PRIVATE GUARD DOGS TOO.

THEY WOULD PROTECT ME AND HIM BUT THEY DID NOT RUN LOOSE TOO.

ONE GS, DUTCHESS, PROTECTED MY RURAL GL HOUSE FROM A BREAK IN. BROAD DAYLIGHT - WE WERE AT WORK. THE CRIMINAL WAS CASING US AND OTHER NEWLY BUILT AND OTHER OLDER FARM HOUSES. BUSINESSES TOO. ONLY I NEVER SAW US BEING 'CASED' WHEN WE WENT TO WORK AT DIFFERENT TIMES.
HE WAS A RURAL YOUNGER MAN NOT SOME CITY CRIMINAL. LOCAL MAN.

THE BAD GUY GOT INTO THE NOT TOTALLY FINISHED BREEZEWAY BUT HE NEVER MADE IT INTO THE HOUSE OR GARAGE. EARLY 70'S. ON RECORD WITH LE - I FILED THE REPORT BECAUSE NONE OF IT MADE SENSE, SHE CHARGED THROUGH THE WINDOW GLASS AND DRUG HER HEAVY DOG HOUSE TO THE BREEZEWAY WINDOWS. THE FANCY HOUSE WAS CUSTOM MADE FOR HER. WE HAD NOT PUT UP THE FENCE YET AND SHE WAS ON A LONG CHAIN ON THE BIG PATIO. WHEN WE WERE HOME, SHE WAS INSIDE WITH US OR OUTSIDE WITH US. NEWLY BUILT HOME. SHE NAILED HIS CRIMINAL @@@ on our own land and saved the day. He was caught later on and he had a LONG RECORD OF BREAK INS IN RURAL AREAS.

THE EVIDENCE AND BLOOD SPLATTERS ALL OVER IN THE BREEZEWAY AND DROPPED COFFEE CAN WITH CLOTHESPINS - NAILED HIS BUTT FOR THE CRIMES. I INSISTED THAT A REPORT BE MADE AFTER I TOOK HER TO THE VET WITH MY HUSBAND. R CAME OUT AND WE KNEW HIM AS A DEPUTY TOO. I INSISTED THAT THE COFFEE CAN BE TAKEN IN FOR ANY FINGER PRINTS TOO. MY DOG WAS NOT CUT UP BUT WHEN THE CRIMINAL WAS ARRESTED - HE WAS BADLY BITTEN BUT HE NEVER WENT TO THE HOSPITAL BECAUSE A POLICE REPORT WOULD HAVE BEEN MADE PLUS ANIMAL CONTROL CALLED IN - COUNTY LAW.

Cate

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews