JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Texas Senate approves bill allowing Texans to carry guns for week after natural disasters: report

I found it odd that people from Texas were always boasting about how conservative their state was and how much it was a pro-gun state and yet they don't have Constitutional carry like Idaho and other truly free states.

When you look at per capita gun ownership, Texas is actually way down the line with Idaho being in the top 5 or so. I think actually New Hampshire was #1 and Wyoming and Alaska up there as well.

Texas is slowly but surely turning blue, thanks to massive immigration from Mexico, California, and other 3rd world countries.

Another sad thing to read was how the bill is being opposed by Republicans...

Three Republicans voted against the measure, including Sen. Joan Huffman, R- Houston. The paper reported that she questioned House Bill 1177's effect on policing after a powerful storm.

"It's really, really poor public policy that is not well thought out," she said, according to the paper.

Sadly gun laws seldom make any sense. I lived in AZ for quite a while. State was very red yet we could never get a CC law passed there. TX was same at the time. After that shooting in that restaurant where some kook went in and started shooting fish in a barrel it finally woke a lot of voters up. The law makers of all stripes only do or don't do, what voters allow. Sadly it very often is almost impossible to get enough voters who are gun owners to vote for their own best interest.

After that shooting in that restaurant where some kook went in and started shooting fish in a barrel it finally woke a lot of voters up. The law makers of all stripes only do or don't do, what voters allow.

And in the last few years, the media has become militant in their propaganda against conservatives and gun owners. The Luby's shooting today would be scrubbed and buried ASAP by today's extremist media machine.

Control what the voters see and how they perceive things and you control the country. The media has this down to a science.

And in the last few years, the media has become militant in their propaganda against conservatives and gun owners. The Luby's shooting today would be scrubbed and buried ASAP by today's extremist media machine.

Control what the voters see and how they perceive things and you control the country. The media has this down to a science.

You kidding? Every time some nut does this now the press goes wall to wall 24/7 with it. Saying how horrible it was the nut could buy a gun. Now if he walked in, started shooting and was promptly sent to his dirt nap by some customer or employee who was armed? Now that the press would pretend never happened.

You kidding? Every time some nut does this now the press goes wall to wall 24/7 with it. Saying how horrible it was the nut could buy a gun. Now if he walked in, started shooting and was promptly sent to his dirt nap by some customer or employee who was armed? Now that the press would pretend never happened.

You're correct. I was thinking of the horrible church shooting in Texas where a neighbor with an AR-15 responded and stopped further killing. That story was quickly dropped.

The media will parade a story if it fits their agenda, or they will obfuscate the facts that don't support their agenda.

You're correct. I was thinking of the horrible church shooting in Texas where a neighbor with an AR-15 responded and stopped further killing. That story was quickly dropped.

The media will parade a story if it fits their agenda, or they will obfuscate the facts that don't support their agenda.

Yes if a gun is used to stop crime the press pretends it never happened. Years ago large pawn shop here was being held up at gun point. Guy is walking up with a gun to pawn. See's it, as scum runs out he is looking down the wrong end of a gun being held by customer. They hold him till Police arrive. Customer mentions he was there to pawn pistol to pay his power bill. Owner of shop tells him you can keep your gun and I will pay your bill. Press of course ignored the story.

The press is controled by the liberal billionares, the set the agends reports you get to see. Only what furthers their one world order for totalcontrol of the people.
I quit watching all televisionn they can shove it up where the sun doesn't shine and shove all of the liberal polititions from both parties up there as well

Three Republicans voted against the measure, including Sen. Joan Huffman, R- Houston. The paper reported that she questioned House Bill 1177's effect on policing after a powerful storm.

"It's really, really poor public policy that is not well thought out," she said, according to the paper.

Our rulers don't trust us peasants!

The press is controled by the liberal billionares, the set the agends reports you get to see. Only what furthers their one world order for totalcontrol of the people.
I quit watching all televisionn they can shove it up where the sun doesn't shine and shove all of the liberal polititions from both parties up there as well

I watch only Youtube videos that I carefully choose. Regular TV is disgusting!

Texas used to be free, then anti gunners took over Austin and lots of the state.. as they're doing with other states.

Dont mean to get political, but its what I've read about Texas.. that parts of it dont even represent the old Texas anymore.

Another sad thing to read was how the bill is being opposed by Republicans...

A perfect example of why we use the term Anti-gunner, in lieu of other political labels. Plenty on both sides that won't abide the Constitution. Vote these jack wagons out!!!

There should be no permission slips for concealed or open carry of firearms. it is our right to bear arms.

Yes I think it is too but, the biggest obstacle we keep running into is gun owners who do not believe that. A HUGE portion of the gun owning populace does not believe the 2nd is a "right". At least not until some law starts to infringe on them. Then they start screaming. Up till then? They will vote for people who tell them its a privilege and even support it. It's why we have the mess we have and it keeps getting worse.

A perfect example of why we use the term Anti-gunner, in lieu of other political labels. Plenty on both sides that won't abide the Constitution. Vote these jack wagons out!!!
YES!!! I have long tried to say the only thing law makers fear is loss of power. People can scream and rant all day, many law makers will give a show of listening. Unless or until they get kicked to the curb the don't care. Hell if you were in "power" and kept getting elected would you really care? It's human nature. Many "pro gun" law makers probably do not really feel that way but, if they think its the only thing keeping them in office? They sure as hell vote that way. If we could get even 80% of the gun owners on the same page for a few elections we could see amazing changes. Sadly it's like herding cats though.

Looked up the gun ownership map and I was wrong about New Hampshire...

gun-ownership-study-state-map.png

I wonder the reasons for not supporting the bill? Makes me wonder too if the media is not saying the additional crap that one side or the other attached to the bill that's worth than the bill not passing?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top