JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

Was it the fault of the electric co-ops, the government, the grocery stores, the neighbors, mother nature? This guy has an opinion, I share.

If you were asked to provide advice to one of the many who got caught without adequate food supplies and a means to prepare & serve them, what would that advice be?

Last Edited:
After nearly a year of being told "prepare, prepare, prepare" I think anyone who cared did and everyone else deserves to go hungry

Have them all watch Dennis Praeger's "No Safe Spaces" and hopefully they might learn a lesson about 'victimhood.'
Edit to add: Reagan's statement about the nine most terrifying words were a message to business, much more so than to citizens. Note the deregulation that followed....

Kinda smacks of the 'ammo shortage'....were folks got caught their pants down and can't feed that new Lorcin-9

In the biggest of pictures, I put the concept of "fault " and "blame " on the same level as "fair ". A real grown up realizes that fair is impossible.
So if you are looking looking to blame someone else on the basis of fault, you probably are childlike in your views.

In the biggest of pictures, I put the concept of "fault " and "blame " on the same level as "fair ". A real grown up realizes that fair is impossible.
So if you are looking looking to blame someone else on the basis of fault, you probably are childlike in your views.
Certainly worth taking to heart. Those of you near the PDX area have no excuse since Bob's Red Mill over in Milwaukie/Clackamas has bulk foods and food grade storage buckets. One 5-gallon bucket filled with rice or beans, or lentils, or soup mixes will go a long way. It shouldn't be that hard to fill one up every pay day.

It was theirs.
Just like anyone who hasn't prepared for anything else. Doesn't mean that they were wrong by not being prepared, but they did learn a permanent lesson that hopefully resonates with those around them.

Meh, it's just the typical news hysterical shrieking BS "THE SKY IS FALLING THE SKY IS FALLING".

I can't imagine the horror: "eating non-perishable canned goods or leftover items, like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches" and "80 CONTINUOUS hours without power"...wow, that's like, 3 days and a Gilligans island re-run. Folks I know in Oregon City and West Linn just went well over 190 hours with no power and they figured it out. Where's that headline?

Last Edited:
Yes, many of the people running out of supplies only have themselves to blame.

That said, bear in mind, that there are a significant number of people who do live hand to mouth thru no fault of their own. Even more so right with such high unemployment.

I have BTDT.

Just be careful pointing fingers.

I thought with this modern technology (phone stuck in their face 24/7) that people were smarter. I guess I was wrong. o_O
0A4E11D0-AA31-415A-A1DC-20FA4DABBBBD.png

I thought with this modern technology (phone stuck in their face 24/7) that people were smarter. I guess I was wrong. o_O
View attachment 837009
The "smarter" phones get, the dumber people get. But ultimately it is a result of the "convenience" of just running to the store when you need/want something. People these days think that their technology will save them. I had a kid in Scouts some years ago that refused to learn Map & Compass because "GPS has made that obsolete." :confused:

The "smarter" phones get, the dumber people get. But ultimately it is a result of the "convenience" of just running to the store when you need/want something. People these days think that their technology will save them. I had a kid in Scouts some years ago that refused to learn Map & Compass because "GPS has made that obsolete." :confused:
My implant will be able to fly me and my jetpack around in virtual reality though.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top