JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Texas City plumber's truck ends up in Syrian war......:eek:
  • <broken link removed>
  • <broken link removed>
5490869a95954.image.jpg
Plumber's truck goes into battle

TEXAS CITY — A local plumber is being flooded with phone calls — and some threats — after a picture of one of his old company vehicles being used by Islamist militants in Syria was posted on Twitter.

The picture was posted online by the Islamic extremist brigade Ansar al-Deen Front, according to a CBS News report. It shows a black pick-up truck with a Mark-1 Plumbing decal on the door and an anti-aircraft gun in the bed.

Mark Oberholtzer, who has owned and operated Mark-1 Plumbing in Texas City for the past 32 years, confirmed it was his pickup truck in the picture. He said he no longer owned the vehicle and had no idea how it ended up in Syria.

Oberholtzer said he traded in the truck to an AutoNation dealership three years ago. He usually takes the decals off his vehicles when he sells them but he left it on this truck with the expectation that AutoNation would remove it.

"They were supposed to have done it and it looks like they didn't do it," Oberholtzer said. "How it ended up in Syria, I'll never know."

He began receiving calls about the truck and the picture on Monday afternoon, Oberholtzer said. By Tuesday he said his business had received a thousand calls and faxes about the image.

"A few of the people are really ugly," he said.

Derek Duckett, emergency management coordinator for Texas City, said he was unaware of any threats but was checking with local police to reach out to Mark 1 to see whether it needed assistance.

Oberholtzer said he didn't know what to do about all the attention he was getting from the picture. He just wanted the public to know that the vehicle was no longer his.

"I just want it to go away, to tell you the truth," he said.

I would sue the dealership who bought it for not removing my logo before sending it off as they were supposed to do, according to him.
But then again I wouldn't have left my logo on a vehicle I was getting rid of

If they don't care what's on the side of the truck, we really need to come up with some stuff to have painted on all the truck doors before they get sent over there...

.....'.......W.E. SCREW
........Sheep, Goats, Camels
................wholesale
..........888-Allahu Akbar

Last Edited:
The truck owner really should have removed them himself. You have no control over what happens once you sell it. Unless the dealership put it in writing that they would strip the logos, then he's got nothing to really complain about. Rather, I'd be curious to know who is selling trucks to terrorists, and why isn't that the big part of this story?

The truck owner really should have removed them himself. You have no control over what happens once you sell it. Unless the dealership put it in writing that they would strip the logos, then he's got nothing to really complain about. Rather, I'd be curious to know who is selling trucks to terrorists, and why isn't that the big part of this story?

Exactly. I spent a lot of hours removing those damn vinyl signs off my vehicles before I sold them for that reason. It is a pain, but if you don't this is what happens.

Car dealers are such liars and crooks themselves, if their mouth is moving they are lying to you. They wholesale the trade ins to auctions and any other number of outlets. The vehicles can be sold several times with no title transfers and no tracking. Some wholesaler some where is hooked up with an exporter who is connected.

Last Edited:
the crazy part is the morons calling them and threatening them like some plumber in texas is sending a truck to syria for isis. it shows how little intelligence there is can be on things. i can see how a shipment of pu trucks could get anywhere in the world though. sorrowfully under appreciated vehicle in europe and other parts of the world.

sorrowfully under appreciated vehicle in europe and other parts of the world.

And very sought after. Cheap, rugged, and highly disposable. The Euros and rags have very little access to vehicles like F 250, 350. When some importer calls them, they get them. The price of those pickups paid out over how ever many transactions it took to get them there is probably close to new cost here.

Get 2 of them in a conex box and ship them. I would imagine it is being done on a daily basis. Which proves the point that somewhere here in the US is an operative for these various groups or somebody close to an operative that is supplying material to terrorists. Nice of the G men to find them.

Here's an idea for the Feds, put a hidden GPS devise on a bunch of used trucks, send them over to ISIS to use in their holy war against the great western Satan and then launch a drone attack once they're full up with jihadist.

Why is it people assume this pickup was sold to the Terrorists or someone working for the terrorists. I would say it is MUCH more likely the truck was purchased to be used by some contractor working in Iraq or somewhere else. And along comes the Terrorists they "capture it" along with what ever else. most the equipment they have the picked up along the way from people running away from them. I have no doubt that is exactly how the pickup ended up in their hands.

"Why is it people assume this pickup was sold to the Terrorists or someone working for the terrorists. "

I don't think most (if not all) of the posts on this topic are entirely serious....I'm fairly certain mine weren't. Just "whistling through the graveyard" kind of stuff.
It IS a good reminder to remove personalization from stuff you sell, because you never know where it will end up....and don't forget to erase anything with a memory or hard drive; like computers, cellphones, photo copiers and some printers.

Besides, that photo could have been of Cartel members along the Arizona border.
And is it just me?.. or does the barrel on that gun seem to be bent?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top