JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
That's a great letter. I appropriated most of it for my comment to the ATF. Then I also included a bit about how their inefficient process today will only be amplified by a flood of submissions, further punishing citizens dealing with the overhead of NFA approvals. Won't move the needle, but I wanted it in writing.

This is the guy you want leading the charge: "Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton is continuing to forcefully push back against accusations of bribery made by a group of former senior aides who reported him to federal and state law enforcement agencies because they claimed he improperly helped a political donor in exchange for personal favors." Link My daddy told me we're judged by the company we keep.

Good share, (ATF Letter) thanks - will use it.

RE: the allegation linked by another above, sounds a bit suspicious. It says "This appellate brief was made public hours before Texas Land Commissioner George P. Bush is expected to announce at an event that he will run against Paxton for attorney general." The Bushes are well known for playing dirty politics in TX.

Last Edited:
Former occupation: "energy investment consultant"….

That just confirms the impression I get from his photo….. just another slimy douche Bush

5118BDBB-3124-4FF7-B41B-66056DAD9BEC.jpeg

Thanks for sharing,

I pulled the main part if anyone wants to copy / paste.

I strongly disagree with the recent notice of proposed rulemaking on "Factoring Criteria for Firearms with Attached 'Stabilizing Braces'" issued by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives ("ATF"). The proposed rulemaking would retroactively impact gun owners that lawfully purchased pistols with stabilizing braces under the ATF's previous standards and force a new federal registration regime on future users of the accessory.

The stabilizing brace is used for a range of legitimate purposes. For many, the accessory helps reduce recoil, prevent injury, and allows individuals to more safely and accurately operate a pistol. The accessory also allows disabled individuals to more easily and safely control heavy pistols without assistance. The stabilizing brace is also in wide use. According to the Congressional Research service, "there are between 10 and 40 million stabilizing braces and similar components already in civilian hands," and "[a]ltering the classification of firearms equipped with stabilizing braces would likely affect millions of owners." CONGRESSIONAL RESEARCH SERVICE, HANDGUNS, STABILIZING BRACES, AND RELATED COMPONENTS, at 2 (April 19, 2021), https://crsreports.congress.gov/product/pdf/IF/IF11763.

The proposed rulemaking issued by the ATF purports to establish objective criteria for classifying these stabilizing braces. However, the standards are far from objective, but rather confusing and subjective. These ambiguous criteria could reclassify pistols with stabilizing braces into firearms subject to classification under the National Firearms Act, imposing upon owners a range of federal registration requirements and fees. And because the proposed rulemaking fails to notify millions of gun owners whether their firearm complies with federal law, it leaves law-abiding citizens guessing whether they are complying with the new standard or committing a federal crime.

The new federal registration requirement would not only be time-consuming and cumbersome, but also places an additional and unnecessary expense on Americans exercising a basic constitutional right. As the notice of proposed rulemaking admits, the estimated cost of complying with the proposed rule would be in the hundreds of millions of dollars. Yet this new regulatory regime does nothing to deter crime and only traps law-abiding gun owners in expensive red tape.

As the Supreme Court has made clear, the Second Amendment protects firearms "in common use." District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570, 625-26 (2008); see also id. at 635 (The Second Amendment "surely elevates above all other interests the right of law-abiding, responsible citizens to use arms in defense of hearth and home.").

This is the guy you want leading the charge: "Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton is continuing to forcefully push back against accusations of bribery made by a group of former senior aides who reported him to federal and state law enforcement agencies because they claimed he improperly helped a political donor in exchange for personal favors." Link My daddy told me we're judged by the company we keep.
They're all corrupt. If they're not eff'ing kids or Epstein'ing political foes, then they're doing okay.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top