JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Now let me Start this off by saying I am not one for gimmicks nor do shiny things catch my eye and I do not consider my self a expert by any stretch of the definition, however last weekend I decided to go to my local sporting goods store and look for m&p15-22 magazines. while in the store I saw they had expanded many of the normal sections I tend to frequent and had more stock in certain sections then they had pre Covid-19 pandemic buying. while browsing the magazine selection I found something that I had only heard whispers about on gun forums and back ordered amazon pages. It was the Caldwell M&P 15-22 Magazine Loader, I quickly picked up the box reading every last word. "holds hundreds of rounds", "loads M&P15-22 magazines in seconds", "easy hand held operation", "Fastest M&P 15-22 Loader on the market". any of these claims by them selves could make you want to buy it. so when i saw it in person wrapped in a shiny green cardboard box I knew I had to get it... $35.99 to the cashier and it was mine. I rushed home and I started to unbox it, upon further inspection I noticed the box had been scotch taped shut on the top so I made sure to open the box carefully and check to make sure I got all the parts incase it had been previously purchased and returned. thankfully every thing was there. Box contents included reloading unit and piece of paper with instructions on how to use the loader. the instructions were simple Step 1, load hopper and shake ammo into feeding groove. Step 2, put magazine in, in place of included plug. Step 3, slowly pull down spring of magazine with free hand and let gravity do the rest.
Well I tried it out, and I tried, and I lubed, then I tried again with very little success might I add. No way no how could I load a a 25 round m&p15-22 magazine in seconds, nor could I load a magazine with it faster then the old fashioned way. First I thought maybe its the type of ammunition. so I tested cci velocitor hp, Aquila hp, federal champion bulk, cci blazer, cci standard and others. What I found is that where the rounds tilt into position in the "mag loader" the hollow points for some reason don't like to fall into position. I can get it to kind of load a magazine partially if I use lead round nose ammo and slap the side of the loader like a tambourine. It also seems to have a bad habit of dropping rounds in vertically even when you keep the follower at the specified distance of one inch away from the round that is loading. overall I wouldn't really recommend it. It wouldn't load a full 25 round magazine once out of all my rigorous testing and just wasn't a pleasure to use. if I had to give it a honest rating I would have to say it gets a 4/10 because while it doesn't work the best it is something and is a platform for Caldwell to build on, if they so choose. is it worth 35.99? that's for you to decide, everyone's fun budget is different and 35 dollars wasted is a bigger deal to some then others. below this article I include pictures of how it operates where it seems to fail and other pictures from testing.
the reason I wrote this is because while I had heard of this product online there wasn't any videos or in-depth reviews of it. I myself don't usually review stuff but felt this needed to be done. let me know if there is any aspects of the loader you have questions about.

image0.jpeg image2.jpeg image3.jpeg image4.jpeg image5.jpeg image6.jpeg image7.jpeg image9.jpeg image13.jpeg image15.jpeg

Honestly I don't know if a replacement would be much better. I've accepted it for what it is
With all of your difficulties, I would not settle. You might be surprised at what a single email can do.

For some reason I always get the anomaly; the defective unit, the damaged in shipping part. I am used to giving feedback and some have said the appreciate it as they use it to improve the product.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top