JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Witnessed a high speed car crash today; right in front of us!

Oncoming car (Red) "allegedly" crossed the double yellow and 7 boned the car (Chevy) in front of us.

Red spun two 360s, counter-clock and ended facing proper in his lane.

Chevy knocked off the road; rested on its passenger side in a ditch.

All on blind turns; I backed 60 feet for visibility and ran to the scene.

I ended up holding Chevy's head still (spinal management) until the EMT put the neck brace in place.

Red was bleeding badly and somebody took some speaker wire and used it as a tourniquet.

I left my combat lifesaver bag and fire extinguisher in the trunk of my wife's car...:confused:

C+

Last Edited:
I want to Thank You:D:D:D for the Service you performed today and hope you either have already purchased or have on order an additional 1st Aide Kit. Now, again Thanks for the Service. Not enough people are even going do more than get in the way

My USCG helicopter rescue son was on the way to the Bay Area on Friday (he Is doing the Baja off road race with his buddy the next week) there was a bad crash in front of he and his young teacher wife. He stabilized 4 people and directed traffic until the authorities arrived, his wife was pretty impressed........I would expect nothing less from him. He is the kind of young man that you want on your rescue team. Good job Oathkeeper......I would have expected no less from you either.

I performed CPR on a customer at my last job. Nobody else would touch him. He lived.

A month later we had one of our own employees go down at another location and the staff stood around and watched him die. Afraid of germs and whatnot. Shame on them. I sure hope there's a hero like you nearby if I ever need it.

And it sounds like he's the kind of young man you'd want for a son-in-law.:)
He is one of my step sons.......he and my step daughter went into the USCG at my urging after they asked about the over a decade I spent in Combat Rescue. He is an exceptional young man. He has a nice young wife but she has a very liberal background (both her folks are Oregon high school teachers) She is learning a lot being with him. Teaching the last couple of years on an Indian reservation has opened her eyes a lot too.

I performed CPR on a customer at my last job. Nobody else would touch him. He lived.

A month later we had one of our own employees go down at another location and the staff stood around and watched him die. Afraid of germs and whatnot. Shame on them. I sure hope there's a hero like you nearby if I ever need it.

I repeated myself, but it's guys like you that make a difference. Consider your hand shook, sir.

...not one Firefighter, LEO, EMT,
or the tow-truck driver, asked the victims what their political affiliation was before deciding to perform their duties...as a public servant!

First Responders are the opposite of politicians.....

Gee, I hope I spelled everything correctly...:rolleyes:

...not one Firefighter, LEO, EMT,
or the tow-truck driver, asked the victims what their political affiliation was before deciding to perform their duties...as a public servant!

First Responders are the opposite of politicians.....

Gee, I hope I spelled everything correctly...:rolleyes:

Darn right. It's a life. Saving one is beyond anything describable.

I'm always amazed at the crowds at this type of stuff that don't do anything until you look them in the eye and tell them what to doo_O

In training we were taught that crowd psychology is that someone needs to take charge/command. One person "could" act on his own or not, but two people almost guarantees that they won't. People with training are either action oriented or at least know how to overcome inertia.

My wife is a non-doer/non-participant, while I am just the opposite. One time we were traveling back to La Grande from Baker City on I84 West. I typically scan, so I was looking at a big rig and 40' van parked on the other side of the freeway when I saw an old Cherokee wagon disappear on the wrong side of the van. There was a huge cloud of dust and then the wagon came tumbling out in front. Rolled about six times. I expected to see bodies flying out the doors/windows. By the time I got pulled over and stopped I was way past the wreck site, but I put it in reverse and backed up with my wife asking what I was doing. Stopped again and started to get out, wife says not to cross the freeway and go over. USCG rescue instinct had kicked in and I went anyway. Fortunately when I got there, only minor injuries were notable. People both in the vehicle and sitting or laying outside, six of them. Nobody had had seatbelts on and yet nobody was ejected. I then bought me an old Cherokee to bomb around in the woods. No rollovers tho.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top