JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
87693843-29A1-4B9D-9AAE-EE3C810EF55B.png

ehhh i did OK. i was born in 1988. these cars are 2 decades before my time. LOL

Yea, they didn't pick any good mopars for that quiz. My 70 Challenger would have been much better! What about a 64 Fury or a 68 Baracuda fast back, now those were sexy!

Although I was already well into cars and rods in 1970 since my Dad and uncle ran a gas rail in Southern California in the 60's, a family friend came back from Vietnam and bought a brand new 70 Challenger. At some summer gathering, he went to get more beer and took me and a friend along. Pulled onto an on ramp on the Sunset Highway, he drilled that 383 six pack with the Hurst shifter and spun it up to about 120, pinned me back in the seat and I was completely hooked on muscle cars at 12 years old.

That was like getting hooked on drugs without the dope, and started this life long love affair with V8 muscle and has allowed me to have a tremendous amount of fun, and now getting ready to do probably my last rig (unless I win the lottery) my Dads 71 Ford F 100. In my past there was:

67 Mustangs, coupe and fastback, 64 Falcon Sprint, 69 Camaro SS, 69 ElCamino SS, 68 Chevelle, 72 Blazer, 68 Impala, 67 Falcon, 66 GMC 4x4, 69 Blazer, 72 Bronco, did not own it but crewed on a Kona hull drag boat with a blown 454, sigh..those were the days........

I was fortunate to have grown up when no one really wanted muscle cars, at least not the more mundane versions, i had a 64 Buick Rivera 425 wild cat, a 63 Chrysler 300 convertible 413 dual quad, a 69 RoadRunner 383 4 speed, a 64 Dodge Polara 383 pushbutton, a 78 Mustang KingCobra 351 4V four speed, and finally my 70 Challenger R/T 440 4 speed! I didn't pay more then 3k for any of those, but the Challenger is the only one I really care for now, and it's my last ( besides the wife's 68 Cougar XR-7 390 auto) I still have a few cars in my small collection to finish, my 32 Imperial, my 27 Chrysler speed six speedster, the 71 Renault Alpine 110, and the 42 Dodge Half Cab Powerwagon. In theory, i have enough to keep me happy till death do us part! Lol

Although I was already well into cars and rods in 1970 since my Dad and uncle ran a gas rail in Southern California in the 60's, a family friend came back from Vietnam and bought a brand new 70 Challenger. At some summer gathering, he went to get more beer and took me and a friend along. Pulled onto an on ramp on the Sunset Highway, he drilled that 383 six pack with the Hurst shifter and spun it up to about 120, pinned me back in the seat and I was completely hooked on muscle cars at 12 years old.

That was like getting hooked on drugs without the dope, and started this life long love affair with V8 muscle and has allowed me to have a tremendous amount of fun, and now getting ready to do probably my last rig (unless I win the lottery) my Dads 71 Ford F 100. In my past there was:

67 Mustangs, coupe and fastback, 64 Falcon Sprint, 69 Camaro SS, 69 ElCamino SS, 68 Chevelle, 72 Blazer, 68 Impala, 67 Falcon, 66 GMC 4x4, 69 Blazer, 72 Bronco, did not own it but crewed on a Kona hull drag boat with a blown 454, sigh..those were the days........

I had nearly the same experience but it was an old neighbor that owned a 62 Shelby Cobra! Even the 289 version would snap you back in the seat, and would break the tires loose at whatever speed you wanted to do it!

Most of the muscle cars I have owned were just someone's high school or collage car that they out grew or were selling because they had kids! DR

The neighbor next door where I grew up when I was a kid in NE Portland in the 60-70's was a sales manager at a large used car lot and every week he would drive a different car home from off the lot.
You never knew what he would be driving week to week, but he had a thing for muscle cars and didn't mind taking the neighbor kids for for some high performance test rides down Marine Drive.
The most memorable was an AAR Cuda painted in Plumb Crazy purple that was my favorite and he could barely keep it in control when that third 2 barrel carb kicked in. God knows how fast we were going and if my parents ever found out that would have been the end of all those joy rides.
One day he showed up with one of those Aqua Cars and took me and his daughter to Blue Lake for a lap around the lake.
The look on peoples faces as he drove it down the boat ramp and into the lake while he had us yelling for help was priceless.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads