JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I decided last week with my tiny bit of free time to take out all my handguns and test fire them at 15 yards with 50 rounds each just to see which one was "more accurate" (by more accurate i mean which one I shot better in an indoor range, temperature controlled and literally 0 stress or pressure)
All pistols are 100% OEM parts minus sites on the glocks and the Walther PPQ. (all substitute sights are Trijicon HD's with the yellow front site)
The list in no particular order:
Glock 45
Glock 19 gen 3
Glock 19 gen 4
Sig P320c RX
Sig P320c
Sig P320sc
Sig P365
Walther PPS m2
Walther PPQ m2
Kimber Custom II
Colt Government

My most accurate in order are:
Sig P320c
Sig P320 RX (I think i need more practice with a reflex sight, this is my first experience with them)
Glock 19 gen 4
Glock 19 Gen 3
Kimber Custom II
Glock 45
Sig P365
Sig P320sc
Walther PPS m2
Walther PPQ m2
Colt Government (shes very old, very worn and wasn't taken care of very well. I inherited it)

now, the top 5 accuracy differences are minimal. The 45 was WAAY off.. I went from 2 inch groupings to "bird shot" (though all were center mass)
All of them are accurate enough to carry on a daily, but lets face it, we are never a "good enough" shot.
even though the walther has the best trigger I've ever fired in a striker fired pistol, I'm not really used to it so it kinda threw me with how DIFFERENT it is. I DO love their standard 3 dot sites, though the PPQ sites are flimsy plastic (like glocks OEM) The big white circles just jump out at you and slap your eyes they scream "SEE ME!" and you definitely see them.

the 1911's surprised me, i was expecting them to be 1 and 2 (though i really didn't know what i was getting into with the colt until I did a full field strip before I left for the range)

the P320 also surprised me, I was not expecting to shoot it the best, I was thinking the 19's would be the most accurate as I have been shooting them the longest. Also, Reflex sights on a pistol are interesting. I will have to experiment more with them and see if i like them long term or if I'll just stick with my iron sites. I was pleasantly surprised at the trigger and how well it preformed even after firing pistols with "superior triggers"

The subcompacts and micro pistols surprised me at how well they all preformed in comparison to the larger pistols, though 15 yards isn't all that challenging.

Also Note, I DID save the targets, however I left them in the garage on the floor and they got all soaked and destroyed thanks to the rain. Sorry no pictures :(

My take on such a test. You own stock in Glock or work in their advertising department?:D

Or more seriously, do you have more experience in striker/DA plastic guns than traditional SA guns? I can't imagine a Glock or neo-Glock outshooting a steel SA gun.

Interesting report.

My take on such a test. You own stock in Glock or work in their advertising department?:D

Or more seriously, do you have more experience in striker/DA plastic guns than traditional SA guns? I can't imagine a Glock or neo-Glock outshooting a steel SA gun.

Interesting report.
No, no stock/ownership in glock, I attribute it to more range time with the tuperware than the steel.

The Colt Government may be "fixed" with a new barrel , bushing / collet....
Just an idea.
Andy
its in rough condition for sure, I'm planning on replacing a few of the smaller parts that have visible wear on them, as well as the springs and do a DEEP clean of it. I'm talking like Co-met inspection clean on this thing. barrel and bushing are definite replacements.

Don't forget to pound the rails...:rolleyes:

Hm....Not sure what you mean by "rails"...Where / what are the rails...?
I'm pretty sure mine doesn't have rails...not sure 'bout the "OP's"...
Andy
DSC06046.jpg

I would not let accuracy weigh in as the most important factor in determining what gun I carry.
If that was your intention?
Also ammo selection and physical ability/strength can have a lot to do with results.

In reading your post. I do however find it refreshing to look back on a time when I could fire all my guns.

I would not let accuracy weigh in as the most important factor in determining what gun I carry.
If that was your intention?
Also ammo selection and physical ability/strength can have a lot to do with results.

In reading your post. I do however find it refreshing to look back on a time when I could fire all my guns.
I was mostly just curious as to WHICH I was the best with, obviously everyones results will vary. Just thought my results here were interesting. My daily carry is a p365 or a glock 19 for multiple reasons.

Smart to do that at a controlled indoor range - for reasons beyond temperature, breeze, lighting, etc.

This is tangential, and I'm probably a bit more paranoid than most. But can you imagine being alone (or with one buddy), out near Salmonberry/Timber/Brown's Camp and experiencing any sort of vehicle failure that would leave you on foot beyond the reach of cell phone coverage? With a dozen or so weapons, mags, ammo, etc.? I've seen more than a few vandalized/stripped vehicles on dirt roads where people go to shoot in the hills.

Sorry for the hiccup. Now back to the discussion of pistol accuracy. Interesting post OP, thanks for sharing.

Smart to do that at a controlled indoor range - for reasons beyond temperature, breeze, lighting, etc.

This is tangential, and I'm probably a bit more paranoid than most. But can you imagine being alone (or with one buddy), out near Salmonberry/Timber/Brown's Camp and experiencing any sort of vehicle failure that would leave you on foot beyond the reach of cell phone coverage? With a dozen or so weapons, mags, ammo, etc.? I've seen more than a few vandalized/stripped vehicles on dirt roads where people go to shoot in the hills.

Sorry for the hiccup. Now back to the discussion of pistol accuracy. Interesting post OP, thanks for sharing.

Yea I've thought of that a time or two. If i'm going out beyond the standard of civilization to shoot I always take a 2nd or 3rd person with me to ensure 1) them cannibals dont eat me 2) If they do eat me one of the other 2 will take possession of my firearms and treat them right 3) in the event of an emergency/stupidity there is a witness to make fun of me for the rest of my life and shame me into never repeating it.

I decided last week with my tiny bit of free time to take out all my handguns and test fire them at 15 yards with 50 rounds each just to see which one was "more accurate" (by more accurate i mean which one I shot better in an indoor range, temperature controlled and literally 0 stress or pressure)
All pistols are 100% OEM parts minus sites on the glocks and the Walther PPQ. (all substitute sights are Trijicon HD's with the yellow front site)
The list in no particular order:
Glock 45
Glock 19 gen 3
Glock 19 gen 4
Sig P320c RX
Sig P320c
Sig P320sc
Sig P365
Walther PPS m2
Walther PPQ m2
Kimber Custom II
Colt Government

My most accurate in order are:
Sig P320c
Sig P320 RX (I think i need more practice with a reflex sight, this is my first experience with them)
Glock 19 gen 4
Glock 19 Gen 3
Kimber Custom II
Glock 45
Sig P365
Sig P320sc
Walther PPS m2
Walther PPQ m2
Colt Government (shes very old, very worn and wasn't taken care of very well. I inherited it)

now, the top 5 accuracy differences are minimal. The 45 was WAAY off.. I went from 2 inch groupings to "bird shot" (though all were center mass)
All of them are accurate enough to carry on a daily, but lets face it, we are never a "good enough" shot.
even though the walther has the best trigger I've ever fired in a striker fired pistol, I'm not really used to it so it kinda threw me with how DIFFERENT it is. I DO love their standard 3 dot sites, though the PPQ sites are flimsy plastic (like glocks OEM) The big white circles just jump out at you and slap your eyes they scream "SEE ME!" and you definitely see them.

the 1911's surprised me, i was expecting them to be 1 and 2 (though i really didn't know what i was getting into with the colt until I did a full field strip before I left for the range)

the P320 also surprised me, I was not expecting to shoot it the best, I was thinking the 19's would be the most accurate as I have been shooting them the longest. Also, Reflex sights on a pistol are interesting. I will have to experiment more with them and see if i like them long term or if I'll just stick with my iron sites. I was pleasantly surprised at the trigger and how well it preformed even after firing pistols with "superior triggers"

The subcompacts and micro pistols surprised me at how well they all preformed in comparison to the larger pistols, though 15 yards isn't all that challenging.

Also Note, I DID save the targets, however I left them in the garage on the floor and they got all soaked and destroyed thanks to the rain. Sorry no pictures :(
Nice collection (good taste) and a great report !

Next time you do this, (if possible) invite another competent pistol shooter to mirror your testing.
It might yield a more finely tuned result.
My PPS-M2 for example, would not be so low on the list.

Nice collection (good taste) and a great report !

Next time you do this, (if possible) invite another competent pistol shooter to mirror your testing.
It might yield a more finely tuned result.
My PPS-M2 for example, would not be so low on the list.
agreed, this was 100% subjective to me. I have a friend with a PPS m2 that can outshoot me any day of the week with any of my guns.
My main reason for sharing isnt to say "this gun is the most accurate!" or "this is the most bestest gun on the planet!" more so to share my experiences with others and get feedback and ideas.

@cigars
Just saw you answer as I posted....thanks
Andy
Using GAA (grease auto and artillery) also works well.

I think about that every time I go out there. To that point, last week while I was leaving Sportsman's, I lost forward gear in my transmission. Had get the tow of shame back home, lol. If I was out at Salmonberry then what a pain that would have been. However, life is an adventure.

IMG_20181222_204805.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top