JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
But we have term limits. It is called the ballot box. Until we, as voters, realize that and stop just voting for the incumbent because it's easy, we get the government we deserve.

I would like to see us get away from direct election of senators, however. The original design, having the senators appointed by the state, made more sense... That way, they were more aware of the State needs as opposed to trying to get re-elected.

Years ago I read a science fiction story in which government office was an unpaid public service position. A computer examined the issues of the day and then the qualifications of the citizens. The selectees were dragged, kicking and screaming, to Washington for a six year term. If they did a good job they got out in four.......if only.......

Years ago I read a science fiction story in which government office was an unpaid public service position. A computer examined the issues of the day and then the qualifications of the citizens. The selectees were dragged, kicking and screaming, to Washington for a six year term. If they did a good job they got out in four.......if only.......

LOL.. that rules! Dragged kicking and screaming... LMAO!!

Sorry, people are lazy, if they had to actually think about who to vote for . . . I'm for term limits, don't feel there is a need for a career politician, especially one's who can vote them selves raises and perks. The founders set it up with the thought that a man would serve a term and then return to his business. It was considered a hardship, a moral obligation, the pay and the perks were nonexistent. What they were looking for was citizen legislators, everyday men, to quit there business, be a a farm or a shop or and go to Washington twice or three times a year to do there duty. Our country needs to find these citizen legislators and get us away from career politicians. Especially fools who vote "present" on many important issues.

Yes there it is. I know of an example of the way this is, a guy I was in school with is now a long time pollitician in our area. When we were in school together he was one of those people that was always on the edge of being a "real person", everthing he did was to make himself look like something special. His demenor changed to suit the curcumstances he was in and the people he was with, I don't think he's ever had an original thought or really gave a damn about any issue, unless it would benifit himself in some way. With one group your the best and with anouther group your the scum of the earth by him.That's a pollitician to the max. I tried to get him on our local volenteer fire dept and rescue squad,naw!! He wasn't able to get anything out of it for himself so he didn't join. When it came time to serve his country he was able to weasel out of that too, thanks to his dad's influance.They all have an alterrior motives for there life. Who needs them, I'll just keep it real and do what I can to help anyone I can, and stick to my principals, at the end of the day, I'll never have to hang my head and have someone say that I'm a peice of S--T. I think this is common and it's just a shame that allot of people are snowed by them. I know a few and they are the type of people that have no life experiances and couldn't do a thing for themselves if they had to, and all they do is to live there lives playing a game and feeding off of someone else like some old carp in a pond. Here I go ranting about polliticians again !!!! I think allot of us out there have there # though, just remember that come ellection time. That's just about all we can do. And mabye, with some luck,we will have some leaders with a pair, and that are willing to put it on the line for what is just and right. Like Martin Luther said " I Have a deram"

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top