JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have heard and felt many things during and in the immediate aftermath of when someone has been killed...
I understand that many of these emotions are "in the heat of the moment" and can easily be taken out of context or the wrong way....

Speaking only for myself here...I have indeed when in the course of battle felt a elation of what I have done...but the taking of a human life is not , again to me , something to be made light of or "whooped up"...so to speak....
And to be fair I know nothing of the sheriff , other than what the report has stated...so I may be way out of line here...
But I find his comments disturbing ....Again only from what has been reported...and with full understanding that things aren't always as they seem...

That said....I expect more and better from a Law Enforcement Professional.
Andy

I wonder what the original PC was to stop the guy. It mentions the guy had a suspended license, but not why the traffic stop was attempted.

Its also interesting that the shooting was ruled as justified. Makes me think there is a lot more to this.

That said, with all the new recording devices, its not smart to say dumb schit.

It was later discovered that the brakes on the deceased man's pickup were inoperable so the shooting was deemed justified.

lol not really

some people are just really horrible

1. The DA did not have the tape when it was ruled justified.
2. It is virtually impossible to hold cops accountable anyway. Mr. Graham and the Reasonable Man - More Perfect - WNYC Studios

Saying something stupid isn't a crime if the circumstances are otherwise. Bravado is common in any dangerous line of work.

Graham v. Connor is hardly why officers aren't held accountable. Its the realization that someone who is required to make split decisions should be judged by what was available during the split decision, not hindsight.

Not a bad personality to have in a Sheriff. But ... not good that he did not have the sense to just keep his mouth shut. Also the policy to chase vehicles who do not stop needs to be re addressed? Did the sheriffs department makes things worse? Should they have backed off the pursuit?

Hot felony pursuit is one thing. Simple failure to yield is another thing. I used to be a firefighter. Did some stupid things. I actually loved the job. You never knew what was going to happen. One got to crave and enjoy the dangerous excitement. It happened to me. Long ago. Now old. :(

Saying something stupid isn't a crime if the circumstances are otherwise. Bravado is common in any dangerous line of work.

Graham v. Connor is hardly why officers aren't held accountable. Its the realization that someone who is required to make split decisions should be judged by what was available during the split decision, not hindsight.
What you say shows intent - what one says is important. If you tell me you are going to hurt me should I take the chance you are just kidding? This is a lesson our president needs to learn. Say what you mean and be accountable for your actions and what you say. Own up to it.

Well,o_O if you think about the job you can't get good men to shoot inocent people. You can hire thugs that will shoot anyone if the law makes it legal and the thugs name isnt' releasd for scrutiny. It's why you vote for decent people and throw out those who believe the can lie to us and spy on us and try to frame a sitting potus with bs.

The Sherriff isn't the only law enforcement officer that has ruined lives, saw this week where cops carried toy guns to put on people they shot that had no gun. Toy gun passes as a threat in court, cant' be traced by a serial number and nobody suspects that is what its' for in a cops possession. Baltimore cops I think but you can look it up.o_O

Saying something stupid isn't a crime if the circumstances are otherwise. ...

This is especially true for the police, who can even act on ignorance without consequence under recent Supreme Court precedent (while you and I are expected to know the law, police are held to a much lower standard). Personally, I value all amendments, including the 4th, because the erosion of one means all are vulnerable, including the 2nd.

When Cops Don't Know the Law

This is especially true for the police, who can even act on ignorance without consequence under recent Supreme Court precedent (while you and I are expected to know the law, police are held to a much lower standard). Personally, I value all amendments, including the 4th, because the erosion of one means all are vulnerable, including the 2nd.

When Cops Don't Know the Law

Not sure I would trust "The Atlantic" since is it left leaning magazine.

The Atlantic

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top