Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Ten zip codes v. the rest of us!

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Dave Workman, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Trust the Spokane Spokesman-Review (rather than a west side newspaper) to put this all in perspective about the dueling initiatives battle

It’s ten zip codes against the rest of state on gun control

The Spokane Spokesman-Review reported yesterday that the overwhelming majority of financial support for Initiative 594, the 18-page gun control measure pushed by the Seattle-based Washington Alliance for Gun Responsibility (WAGR), comes from just ten zip codes in and around — surprise! — the Seattle area.

http://www.examiner.com/article/it-s-ten-zip-codes-against-the-rest-of-state-on-gun-control

2. IronMonster

IronMonster Washington Opinionated Member Diamond Supporter

Its not just gun initiatives, those green colored zip codes on the map pretty much get to decide what laws are on the books for all of Washington. I am not sure what the percentages are but there is no doubt that the Everett/Seattle/Tacoma metroplex is a majority. Having grown up in Idaho and now living in Seattle it is often shocking how lopsided the political climate in Seattle is. Its a ugly feeling to be so vastly outnumbered with what is all to often willful ignorance of what constitutes a right or the arrogance to assume that because you have a cognitive dissidence created by fear of inanimate objects you need to project your stupidity by force. (often by spending inordinate sums of money to legislate societal conformance to flawed ideals)

pdrake and ZA_Survivalist like this.
  3. timac

timac Loading Magazines! Well-Known Member

4. Dave Workman

And they STILL don't report that law enforcement is heavily against I-594 and for I-591.

At some point, some people just might wonder if all those big dollars are buying a bit of silence from the mainstream press.

5. captqc

captqc Tigard Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Same situation in Oregon, Portland voters control the vote for the rest of the state. That's why back in the 40's people wanted to break away and create the state of Jefferson, WWII started and it's just simmered on the far back burner since.

6. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

Again, it's not the votes that count but who counts the votes.

7. Dave Workman

Time to step up to the plate:

Make it a $5 day.

http://wagunrights.org

If every gun owner, or at least every CPL holder, in the state today, right now, kicked in a paltry $5 to the I-591 campaign, by tomorrow they'd have a pretty healthy war chest to get the job done.

There are 465,000 CPLs out there. Multiply that by $5 and see what you get. TV and Radio ads. Newspaper advertising. yard signs and more information to the folks.

Today is Sunday. By the end of the day, contact at least one other person and ask them to kick in $5 to protect their gun rights and their privacy. let's see what kind of damage can be done by noon tomorrow.

8. slimer13

slimer13 Deer Park Well-Known Member

Just so everyone knows, the Spokesman Review is owned by the Cowles family who also owns the local NBC affiliate and they are thought by many in the area to be not exactly the most unbiased news sources and have been accused of using their influence to muscle local politics.

9. Dave Workman

And so? How is that going to determine whether gun owners STAY ON MESSAGE, support I-591 and oppose I-594...and kick in $5 to the campaign?

When you know you're surrounded, it's okay to attack in all directions.

10. slimer13

slimer13 Deer Park Well-Known Member

Had nothing to do with anything except to clarify, in case anyone took the OP as to mean you were implying they were some bastion of unbiased reporting, immune from the liberal bias that dominates the msm on the wet side.

Carry on, sorry for the derail.

mjbskwim likes this.
  11. IronMonster

I kicked in my $5 and $5 for 19 more folks who where a little short today.

12. Dave Workman

You're a good citizen!

13. Wayne

Wayne Near Tacoma Active Member

14. nextgenar

nextgenar roseburg Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

So true. It is sad for us southern Oregonians that our votes really don't matter. Portland, Salem and the voters from the Peoples Republic of Eugene make laws for the entire state that are very detrimental to us in southern, eastern, and costal Oregon. When they don't have a clue about what it takes for us to work and survive.

ConcealedCarrie likes this.
  15. 44mag2ndamend

44mag2ndamend Round the ole tree stump, Down by the crick Well-Known Member

16. IronMonster

Ouch... And I was feeling good about donating a $100 and Bill had to come along one up me ( Actually its 10,000 times as much so it might be more than one up) It really does seem like this will be railroaded through with dollar bills. I saw my first pro I-594 TV ad today. Of course the first thing I thought was this is exactly what most of the Seattle folks I know would back. I spread the word on facebook asking for donations and support. I'll tell every soul that I think will listen to vote. I don't know what else to do but it sure does not feel like its enough.

17. JRuby

JRuby St. Helens Oregon Well-Known Member

I know - we should all let the people that live in these back water towns tell the majority of the population how to live. The fact that the majority of the population live on the north I5 corridor in Oregon is also where the rules of the state of Oregon are decided primarily.
    You mean the populace of the state should not determine how the state is ran - a few in the out lying areas should have that privilege exclusively.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
  18. nextgenar

This coming from someone who would tax my cows because they release methane then complain when a t bone cost you $7 per pound. Ya majority rules. So when the majority "votes" to take your guns i expect you to give them All up with a smile on your face

19. JRuby

JRuby St. Helens Oregon Well-Known Member

yup - so raise the price to 10.00$ a pound it doesn't really make any difference, you will simple sell less.. You choose to live in a back water town and you think your vote should count more than every one elses. Too bad your wrong. My vote is the equivalent of yours not worth less - the populace just happens to make the rules.

20. nextgenar

Yes it does and that hope and change just isnt working out so well. At least not for us backwater folks. ;)