JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey all, I will be temporarily relocating to CDA for approx 2.5 months. It leaves me two questions.

1. Are there any good ranges in the greater CDA area? Ideally rifle ranges.

2. I'm taking my standard travel beyond 2 hours loadout (12 GA, 5.56 pistol, 9mm). Maybe others depending on answers to question 1. As far as the rest of my stuff.. I have a trusted friend that will be staying at my house while we are gone, they are gun ignorant. Should I just leave everything in my safe and not think more about it? Should I move stuff to my dads who is gun friendly, but only has room in one of the cheap steel gun lockers? Should I look for a different solution?

Hey all, I will be temporarily relocating to CDA for approx 2.5 months. It leaves me two questions.

1. Are there any good ranges in the greater CDA area? Ideally rifle ranges.

2. I'm taking my standard travel beyond 2 hours loadout (12 GA, 5.56 pistol, 9mm). Maybe others depending on answers to question 1. As far as the rest of my stuff.. I have a trusted friend that will be staying at my house while we are gone, they are gun ignorant. Should I just leave everything in my safe and not think more about it? Should I move stuff to my dads who is gun friendly, but only has room in one of the cheap steel gun lockers? Should I look for a different solution?
CDA ??

I love the CDA Idaho panhandle area. We RV camp there several weeks every year. I have been to several of the
public ranges @edco lists above. Have fun so many lakes and streams in the panhandle.
Camping on lake Coeur d'Alene.
KYVyu7eor-_Q2i0szSEjITBbPs=w823-h617-no?authuser=0.jpg

I did not look it up for you but there is one by BONNER'S FERRY, IDAHO too. I am not sure about the Naples area aka Ruby Ridge, ID. Sandpoint, ID for sure. I am not sure what Moyie Springs has or up by Hayden now.

Plus what some other people already wrote.

I remember seeing a few of them in the panhandle region.

I used to travel to the Yaak region of MT (Super remote and right below Canada.) almost every single weekend. I was all over that NW MT area (I know it better than here in town in some ways too!) and a BIT into the Idaho panhandle while looking for land.

There is a range over by Noxon, MT but I have never personally SEEN IT and I only know it by word of mouth. We have some friends up there. That is not too FAR from Sandpoint. Many of those people shop in Sandpoint, ID instead of driving to Kalispell, MT. It depends on what they are shopping for. Some of them do drive to CDA if they can't find it in Sandpoint.

I think that the state of IDAHO charges sales TAX on food or they used to do this. Carry out - I did not know this and was in a hurry while on a trip.

Libby, Troy and the Yaak (Montana.) have ranges but I have NOT shot there at any of their 'ranges'. I have shot in the woods/wilderness up there and in other places but IN Montana and not in Idaho.

Best wishes to you!

Cate

Trusted friend and your safe sounds good to me.
I know a lot of folks...and I few friends....the friends I have , I trust.

That said that is what I would do....
You may be in a different situation.
If you worry about your friend....maybe move your items to your dad's.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top