JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am trying to temporarily block the gas port on a .906 double pinned gas block (no set screws). I don't have time to find a .906 low profile and mount it in reverse like I normally would. This upper has conventional two piece handguards which I want to keep for now, so gas block needs to go back on in normal direction. I was thinking about mounting a gas tube in the block that was terminanted (pinched close). Has anybody tried this? Any other ideas? I need to get this done tonight.

I am trying to temporarily block the gas port on a .906 double pinned gas block (no set screws). I don't have time to find a .906 low profile and mount it in reverse like I normally would. This upper has conventional two piece handguards which I want to keep for now, so gas block needs to go back on in normal direction. I was thinking about mounting a gas tube in the block that was terminanted (pinched close). Has anybody tried this? Any other ideas? I need to get this done tonight.
Roll pin in place of the gas tube?

It is a mid length gas barrel. I mounted a pistol length gas tube in place of the mid length tube but flipped the gas tube upside down so it should block the gas port hole in the gas block.

I think I have it blocked but can you explain your idea in more detail?
Just a properly sized roll pin in where the gas tube would go, seam side up, so that it blocks the gas port and doesn't leave a chunk of gas tube unsupported.

Basically what you did with the upside down gas tube.

Just a properly sized roll pin in where the gas tube would go, seam side up, so that it blocks the gas port and doesn't leave a chunk of gas tube unsupported.

Basically what you did with the upside down gas tube.
That is a good idea. Next time I am at the hardware store I will look for appropriate size rolls pins. I am sure this will come up again. Thanks.

The upside down mounted gas tube worked great. I grabbed a 3/16 tension pin on my way out to my property and decided to try that in another barrel I wanted to block the gas block on. It was an epic failure. I was able to get the pin partially tapped into the gas block but not far enough to block the port. I test fired it and had gas come out of the block.

Now, it doesn't want to come out. At this point I am thinking that I will drill out the tension pin and enlarge the gas block tube hole to 1/4 inch. Then I will try a 1/4 tension pin.

An ugly repair job deserves an ugly handguard. It only cost me half a dime to fix my FU. Don't ask me where that half a dime went.

20220707_102601.jpg

20220707_102651.jpg

Edit: the gas port has been blocked, hopefully it doesn't leak, or worse.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top