JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Tracker safe in Vancouver helped me out with a similar situation.

Agree, good guys. Bought a floor model Amsec safe from them several years ago. A little startled when only two guys showed up at my place with a lift gate truck. But they knew what they were doing, had lots of steel pipes and moved it into position despite it's 2000# weight.

You are wrong on one detail! Moving companies are aloud to move and store firearms and prior to packing the actions must be comfirmed clear and all serial numbers documented by the driver. No ammo will be transported. Customer is responsible for transporting their own ammo. My wife and I do this for a living.

Good to know; thanks!

Hello NorthWest Firearms members. This is my first post. I will be retiring in 4/21 and I am leaving California for Washington State. I have already purchased a home in Vancouver, WA. I have a few firearms that I need temporary gun storage while I am in transition. Where in the eastern part of Vancouver, WA can I find a business that provides temporary gun storage? Thanks in advance.

Welcome to NWFA. :)

Welcome to the forum!

I would set up a safe or gun cabinet in your new home in WA, move them on ONE TRIP shy of keeping one or two self defense firearms for you to continue to use until you are completely moved, OR I would move them all at one time when you are totally ready to LEAVE your state. Final retirement day and/or final moving date.

I don't know that much about the WA state gun laws other than what I have read online. I do not live in WA state.

When I moved and retired after my late husband died, back east, I took ALL of my firearms with me shy of a few that I gifted and sold back east. I took ALL of my ammunition with me other than what I sold as a 'package deal' with my former For Sale and SOLD and GIFTED guns, holsters, NIB books and cases back east.

I did not and do not reload so I did NOT have to move all of that STUFF.

I calculated my drive out west with 2 specific routes and I chose one route (New AAA paper maps, etc.) - the road less traveled. It was over 2,000 miles one way and I drove right below Canada and AVOIDED almost all large cities, anti gun cities, etc.

I moved using my former SUV and my former Coleman pop up camper.

I discussed this move with my late husband before he died too. So I calculated the WEIGHT of some items and other things with him when it came to the Coleman pop up trailer as I used to discuss sail and power boat trailers with him too. Towing stuff and what I could DO and could not do.

I have some other moving tips when it comes to moving firearms and ammunition but will not list them all here IF you decide to do another method of moving your guns.

Best wishes to you and have a safe move. Congrats on your future retirement too!

Old Lady Cate

Last Edited:
Check with SafeFire (indoor shooting range in Camas/East Vancouver). I don't know how many they will store or the cost but I know they offer firearms storage for those who want to leave their firearms at the range. BTW, they also have a great indoor range.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top