JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hmmm. Whatever. Gotta love this guy. Watched him get his butt kicked tonight. Love that sickle and hammer tat on his leg. Did you know there is a website that actually features MMA tats????? <broken link removed> Next fight was very refreshing. Two guys who were clean and more interested in fighting than showing tats.

I'm so sick and tired of seeing white people with Chinese, Japanese, or Korean tattoos.
If I saw a Chinese guy with a Sinn Fein tattoo I wouldn't immediately think,
"Gee that Sinn Féin tat on that Chinese guy looks awesome!"
I would be confused, and it extends to when I see people who grew up was WASPs only to end up getting Chinese tattoos.

So why bother with tats from other cultures without thinking about its whole meaning?

I'm sick and tired of seeing white guys with dreads too but I don't talk bubblegum about them. :(
Well, if it's a lifestyle choice, I won't force regulation on that. However with tattoos I think a lot of people get exotic Asian tats because they think it looks cool without thinking of the real meaning of putting another culture's words/images on one's body as a tattoo. Tattoos are pretty permanent.

Well, if it's a lifestyle choice, I won't force regulation on that. However with tattoos I think a lot of people get exotic Asian tats because they think it looks cool without thinking of the real meaning of putting another culture's words/images on one's body as a tattoo. Tattoos are pretty permanent.

So basically you're admitting that YOU pass judgment and really have no clue. And please enlighten me in a country founded by english, built up by black/mexican/asian slave labor and where the natives were corraled and eventually basically killed off- please what should be our style oh wise one???

I mean heaven forbid someone get's a certain "style" of tattoo because they've researched and know the meaning of the Koi fish or the dragon and it tells the story of their life. no that'd be wrong. We probably also shouldn't carry german Sig guns out of respect for their culture.

CIMG1044-1.jpg
leg1-1.jpg

Oh and this for good measure!! hahaha
hellokitty.jpg

The best thing about this thread is seeing how many small minded people really give a hoot about why someone else has a tattoo.

Why would you care? Are you skeered of them?
Tattooed people look at you the same way for wearing those stupid Tony Lamas or the shooting vest 24/7 or that tacticool garb,that cammo hunting hat? and all the other stuff y'all wear.

Really they don't.Most people who get tattoos could care less how others think or dress,as they understand other's personal rights to live and dress anyway they want.
And most do ,in fact study and understand what the Japanese and Chinese tattoos mean before they do them.
But what does it matter to you if they do or not? Were you planning on sleeping with the guy?

Hahahahahahah Mr sequim you are funny thank you im still laughing. The story behind most of mine is that i was a dumb drunk kid. I do have a lot of tattoos that mean a lot TO ME . I got one when i got out of basic . I got my awsome wifes name as she did mine. I got some to honor my recovery . 7 members of my family got a family tat at the same time. I got one for a buddy who died of a drug overdose. I got my moms face . I did all of this because i wanted to lol

So basically you're admitting that YOU pass judgment and really have no clue. And please enlighten me in a country founded by english, built up by black/mexican/asian slave labor and where the natives were corraled and eventually basically killed off- please what should be our style oh wise one???

Actually I like your tattoo, but if you were to show that off in Asia, you'd be looked at like a criminal.
Trying to see the sites? Well, you'd be banned from public hot-springs/bath-houses, gyms pools (even the gym itself), and face harder discrimination than my words. Most pools don't allow for bandages to cover the tat, so there isn't much you could do. At a gym? I've heard sweat pants allow people to fly under the radar.

Just an example:

And another
3181527084_9bd6907ca4_o.jpg

Yes, I'm admitted judgement, and I said that when I said "I think." Yet some people do get tattoos and have no idea what it means, or can't even read it properly. You may be the/an exception.

As for asking me to dictate what is an appropriate tattoo? Anything you want, but don't expect people to not discriminate or praise you. It's no different than putting a gun on your hip in the open. People will cheer for you, jeer at you, or call the police in fear.

And most do ,in fact study and understand what the Japanese and Chinese tattoos mean before they do them.
But what does it matter to you if they do or not? Were you planning on sleeping with the guy?
Your explanation of study and mine would be different.
Does it matter to me? My feelings don't get to dictate what happens to Mister-tattoo'd man's body.
And no, unless I'm on top.

Why would you care?
I do care. :) Mainly because other countries are not like the United States, where people can have tattoos, show them off, and they're still awesome human beings. In other parts of the world, such as eastern Asia, your own character and merits aren't enough in most cases (from what I've seen and experienced). With that said, the US does have a lot of immigrants and they bring their opinions, values, and tattoos to America. Things like "what is a tattoo?" and "What kind of people?" get tattoos might be thought of by one group where another, such as people here, talk about "how does my tattoo make me feel?" or "What does it mean to me?" <These ideas probably would not even be addressed in some other places in the world.

YMMV

My daughter has a pink Breast Cancer ribbon tattood on both of her legs just above her achilles ankles. One for her mom, and the other for her grandmom. Both are now long term breast cancer survivors.
It's the one set of tats I didn't object to my baby girl having put on. Well the rest are history, so they don't matter either.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top