JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've always thought that a tiny tattoo that read 'this counts' would be hilarious. As someone who was once close minded to anything outside the norm, I think it is great that people can/will express their individuality in many ways, inc tats.

Here's my "cool" tattoo story.

It's our 5 yr anniversary and the wife and i are staying in Fort Bragg California. Beautiful day and we are walking the shops. We come to a place called Triangle Tattoo & Museum Triangle Tattoo & Museum we decide to see the museum. Afterwards my says let's get tattoos. Now she has never mentioned any interest before this! So I said OK. So we talked to a young artist and they quoted her $75 for a little dragonfly (flash art). Well she had to build up the nerve first so we went and had some lunch and came back a few hours later. Placed was packed! So we were sitting in lobby waiting and this hippy comes from the back and walks straight to my wife and asks if she needs help. She goes on to tell him about the tattoo she wants and that this will be her first and likely her last. He says I can do it for you. So we go way in the back to a private studio. As he is getting ready I am looking at the pictures on the wall, magazine covers and photos of this guy when I relealize this is MR. G (those into tattoos know this guy is a legend or if you ever saw the Discovery channel special on Tattoos). Well my wife goes on to ask this guy all about his qualifications and he was super nice, no ego at all.

She so him the flash art and he says he doesn't do flash only originals. I had to convince my wife to let him do it.

So he freehands (no trace paper) a dragonfly with the gun. He did an amazing job, he put some much time and detail into the wings they actually seems to shift colors like the iridescent wings on a dragonfly.

Did i mention he was super nice. After we told him about it being our anniversary he went and got his wife Madame Chinchilla and introduced us.

After he was done he asked how much we were quoted for price. When my wife said $75, he said I never work that cheap, I thought he was going to stick it to us, instead he says we will just call it an anniversary gift. So no charge.

It was a great experience for my wife and now she has a real one of kind piece from a true legendary artist.

An old fella told me once that "Tatoos are just another way to be identified in a police line-up"!

I reckon he knew what he was talking about.

I've thought about getting a tat but I hate needles and my psoriasis would most likely go nuts.

Actually my one big (huge) phobia is needles, if I can do it you can do it.

What was your first tattoo and how old were you and where is it located. I got a dragon on my right bicep at 18.

=======================================================

I have always thought that tattoos were cool since I was a kid. I could just never decide what to brand myself with that I would not later regret.

Finally when I was about 45 I decided life was flying by and one thing that I always loved and would continue to love was the New York Football Jets. So I got a semblance of the Jets logo on my upper left arm above the t-shirt line at 45 years old. I have never regretted the tattoo, sometimes I regret my passion for the Jets though.

My wife and daughter laugh at me when I tell them I would like on my right arm a Heart with an arrow through it with Mom in the heart and my wife name on top, then the daughters name on the bottom, a silly concept that I would enjoy.

So as of now at 50, just the one tat.

When the Jets win the SB I will get it touched up and add SBIII on top and SB? on the bottom.

I am 30 in Feb. and have a lot of ink and have never been to prison also a vet also self employed. I too pass all background checks.i am going to try to post some pics .

IMO - Why advertise?
As for everyone else knock yourself out.
Because advertising and disclaimers pay for themselves.
Example:
ink-12594.jpe

My dear departed father always refused tatts, he also said, "he wanted as few identifying marks as possible". Me niece married a loser who always dreamed of being a criminal but did not like anal sex. He got tatt'd up like a convict and is all but unemployed. 99/100 prospective employers refuse to hire convicts.

That being said, I had a girlfriend with intricate art work on her lower back that was a pleasure to admire.

the advertisement i have is THINK BEFORE YOU INK lol what are we advertising by posting pics of our ink.

I believe that many people get tattoos simply because they are attention whores while others do it to project themselves as being a badass. I'm not saying they are the majority, but it is a fair number of those jumping on the bandwagon lately.

Quick edit: Yes I have considered getting ink in the past and was going get "Eddie" tattooed on my arm (yeah I'm a Maiden fan). Then I realized it was cheaper to just get the tshirt.

It is very trendy and thats not my fault . If it doesnt impact my life i try not to worry about what others are doing. Why should any of you care if i look like an ex con . Things have changed a lot because of the tat trends you can now see active army , staters and lots of other people with full sleeves showing and that is new . Once again nowhere did i ask for your opinions .

It is very trendy and thats not my fault . If it doesnt impact my life i try not to worry about what others are doing. Why should any of you care if i look like an ex con . Things have changed a lot because of the tat trends you can now see active army , staters and lots of other people with full sleeves showing and that is new . Once again nowhere did i ask for your opinions .

Well you kind of did
And I have no problem what people put on or in their bodies. Its a free country.

For the record, I am a veteran, self employed licensed journeyman plumbing contractor who has never spent a day in jail. I have been married to the same woman for 11 years (I'm 34), we have 4 kids and I'm an assistant high school football coach here in my home town. I also currently hold Arizona, Oregon and Washington CCW (ccp in WA) permits. I have passed every background check there is I believe due to firearms, the military, CCW's, Class 3 items and coaching high school athletics. Lol I'm just trying to point out that people who look like are not all bikers and criminals. Some of us may just like tattoo's.

You definitely can not judge a book by its cover.

Not judging a book by it's cover is an ideal to strive for but first impressions are first impressions. Sorry, but my first impression not knowing you is one of wondering how long you were in prison and what you were in for.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top