JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Did the email thing and went to the hearings until they voted on 941. I am now setting at Gun Runner Arms in Junction City taking signatures to recall Val Hoyle.
I'm not rolling over and letting it happen. I got a phone call this am asking me to get more involved in the recall.
I'm just out of her district and can't sign but I'm not letting that stop me.

Like many/most of us I emailed, mailed, responded against the bill via mailers from OFF. Unfortunately it was so polarized that I was either preaching to the choir or shouting into the void of space. I attended the Clackamas County Commission meeting and gave written input where they passed the resolution in support of the Second Amendment. I stood for hours in the cold Winter rain in the Salem Rally to show my opposition to the bills we knew were coming that hadn't been written yet. I've attempted to educate others about the unintended consequences of this feel good legislation that punishes good citizens while doing nothing about criminals.

I want badly to participate in the recalls. Right now I'm taking care of a bedridden wife and an 88 year old parent and am unable to help gather signatures for likely the next two months, and by then it will be over. I can't donate funds from real fear of employer retaliation. If there is anything I can do from a keyboard to help please let me know. If a Barton recall gets going I will at least be able to sign as I'm in his district.

By the time an initiative gets started to overturn this monstrosity I should be in a position to give real help. Right now I'm crawling out of my skin by being forced to the sidelines.

Just recieved a newsletter from Greenlick. Here's the section on SB941. There has GOT to be more than a couple dozen supporters in that district.

The most acrimonious debate during the last couple of weeks, however, came on a bill originating in the Senate, SB 941A. That is the bill requiring background checks on the sale or transfer of guns between private individuals. Currently, the same background checks are required on gun sales in gun shops and at gun shows.
In the last message I argued that most measures passed out of the House were not primarily distinguished by a strictly partisan debate. This measure was certainly a partisan debate, even though surveys, such as a recent Oregonian report, indicate an over-whelming majority of Oregonians support background checks that help to keep guns out of the hands of felons and mentally ill people. However, the long debate indicated a large philosophical gulf between the Republican members of the House and most Democrats. The mostly polite debate lasted five hours with more than sixty speeches, not including one by me, expounding on the issue. The debate included the introduction of two different minority reports, introduced as possible substitutes to the main bill. The debate also featured the introduction of two parliamentary motions, one to refer the bill back to committee and one to postpone debate indefinitely. Each of those efforts was defeated, 25-35 along strict party lines. The bill ultimately passed 32-28 with three Democrats voting with all 25 Republicans.

Email played an interesting role in this debate.
In the couple of weeks between when the bill passed out of the Senate and when it was debated in the House, I received more than 1000 emails opposing the bill from all over the state. Very few in that onslaught were from my district. On the other hand I received a few dozen emails from my district supporting the bill. I did not count specifically, but I would guess the emails from my district ran about 10 to one supporting the bill. Ironically, since we passed the bill, I have received several hundred emails from all over the state thanking me for voting yes on the bill. I wonder why I hadn't heard from those people before the debate. We have been deleting messages from that onslaught as fast as we did those earlier negative emails from around the state.

They need to be forced to substantiate their lies. We need to see those e-mails we will never take their word for anything they have been proven to lie

Every day I work here and on another site to get people motivated. Have no idea if I am gaining ground but knew the fight would be difficult.o_O

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top