JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Early this week I met up with Eric (NoHair on here) to take him up on his offer of shooting some of his NFA toys. I had never shot a suppressed or full auto firearm before in my life, and it was literally one of the best days I've ever had. We started out with the suppressed stuff; a HK USP Tactical .45, two P22's (to compare different suppressors at the same time, of course :s0114:), a Sig Mosquito, a Ruger .22-45, and a Modified Ruger MKII internally suppressed and accurized. Everytime I thought that was all he brought he'd reach into his 'endless-bag-o-guns' and pull out something else! Out of all of those my favorites were by far the HK and the MKII. I really didn't like the P22's or the Mosquito all that much, but the Rugers were both awesome.

After that we moved onto the two HK MP5's. When he pulled out the MP5-K I about died, I've wanted one of those since watching Under Siege in the theater when I was 10! To add to the coolness factor, a friend let him borrow one of the briefcases it fits in with the hole in the end and the trigger on the handle to fire it from within! I started out shooting single fire so I could get adjusted to the recoil, controls, etc. I was really surprised how accurate it was with that little 4.5" barrel. When I felt I was ready I flipped the switch and fired off a few bursts to get a feel for the full auto recoil, which was nothing like I had imagined. 9mm isn't exactly known for it's recoil, but when it's in succession like that it really pushes you back! I've always thought about full auto firearms and what it'd be like to shoot them, not too much different I figured. Man, was I wrong. I haven't felt that kind of rush since I went skydiving for my first time, it really makes you feel 'alive'. After two magazines my adrenaline was pumping so I set it down for a quick break. The other, standard size MP5 (not sure the designation) was just as fun and a bit easier to shoot. Single fire we were shooting touching groups. I have no idea how much ammo we went through that day, but my measly 100 rounds of 9mm wouldn't have lasted more than a few minutes. Eric was extremely generous and wouldn't accept what I had brought when I offered it, saying 'I don't want that crap!" about my WWB :s0114:

All in all I had an excellent time. Suppressors are pretty neat, but not as cool as I thought they were before I had the hot gases and gun powder blown back in my face. Full auto is definitely where it's at. Thanks again Eric!

So, lets hear your first time stories!!

I was at an old 1000 acre farm in Texas that belonged to the late 'EricTheHun' (from ar15.com). When most folks headed out to lunch 'mojo' brought out his MP5 and said "here JAFO, shoot this." It was a suppressed SD (I think). I was shooting at a hanging tin road sign from an elevated position about 80 yards out. It was awesome... brrrrrrrrrrrrrrp... *ting* *ting* *ting* *ting* *ting* *ting* *ting* *ting* *ting*. After that he brought out a suppressed M16.

Full auto is great, suppressors are great... both are awesome. One day soon I hope to have at least one and in the future both. When they get boring (if this really is true) then I will just enjoy letting others have the experience.

My 1st was my own Freedom 22, from local mfg. My real 1st was my SBRed AMD65, but it did not feel like anything special so I am not counting it.

But the really most exciting and memorable one was about a month ago. For my 17 yrs od son's birthday, I arranged for a private full auto shoot at a friend's. We fired a SBRed MP5, an AK74 Krink, an M14 and a FN FAL. What a blast! We took pics and video. What a day to remember!

Thanks bud!! (Name withheld to protect the innocents :))

3171-SAM-Krink.1.jpg

Most of my first times were at military ranges, so the fun factor is severely limited.

M16
M240
M60
M2
M3

A friend of mine is on a local dept's swat team, so we get to have some fun with his MP5 from time to time. Also shot an uzi recently.

I have to admit that full auto isn't where it's at for me. After a burning a mag, I have to ask myself, "was that worth $8?". I have an integrally suppressed Ruger MKII on the way as well as a can for my AR. I can also see a suppressed SBR in my near future . . .

I guess it wasn't strictly NFA (because it was in the UK and during military training) but it was a full auto L7A2 GPMG (FN Mag) at Hythe ranges when I was 13. I had orthodontic braces at the time and by the time my 50 rounds were done, the inside of my right cheek was a bloody mess :)
That same week I fired the L2A3 Sterling SMG and L1A1 SLR for the first time.

Now I am so mad I missed the full Auto Shoot. I'd like to make a NWFA day to go play. All I got is my smith and wesson compact. And my new 1911. Anyone is welcome to shoot them if we were to go out. MP5 Full Auto. Thats better than........?A lot of things.

Most of my first times were at military ranges, so the fun factor is severely limited.

M16
M240
M60
M2
M3

A friend of mine is on a local dept's swat team, so we get to have some fun with his MP5 from time to time. Also shot an uzi recently.

I have to admit that full auto isn't where it's at for me. After a burning a mag, I have to ask myself, "was that worth $8?". I have an integrally suppressed Ruger MKII on the way as well as a can for my AR. I can also see a suppressed SBR in my near future . . .

$8 dollars a magazine. That actually sounds like a good deal.

Glad you had a good time, I always like letting friends shoot the fun stuff that have not shot it before -you should come out when I have my "good stuff", not that subgun crap.:s0114:.
Yes we went through some ammo :s0155:.
You didn't mention the suppressed revolver.:cool:
The MP5 was an A3, retractable - uncomfortable to shoot but looks SWEET!!
Sorry to indoctrinate my suppressor views on you :D, when we shoot rifles I'll show you the better suppressed stuff. IMHO :p

Yes WWB, :s0114::s0112: all I can say is it is cheap :s0114: and you can have it all,in fact I have some - someone gave me, DON'T think I bought it :s0131:, I'll cut you a great deal on.:s0155:

So, my first time was in 1999, I bought a HK91 from a guy who had some Title II, he invited me to Albany for their shoot, I shot a M11 in 9mm with a can and, DONE, I had to have one. I watched everyone at the shoot an looked for ONE that I wanted. A guy was shooting a HK51, HUGE fireballs and very loud -well at that time ,nothing like my 51K - 4.5" barrel .308 now - .It drew everyone's attention and looked fun. I decided I wanted one, it took about 9 months of research to find out exactly what I wanted -didn't want to make a mistake with that much money. And the rest is history.
NoHair

I was 10 or 11, my brother and i were at an old rock quarry (salmon river, miller road out of sandy). We were shooting some .22's and SKS's with our dad. when a couple of older men showed up in a beater car. They got out and started shooting some .22's. they asked us about the SKS's we had so we let them shoot them. next thing I know they pulled out a thompson, full sized uzi, and an m16. They let us shoot all of them, they had some .22 barrels for the uzi and a ceiner kit for the m16, but they let us shoot in regular calibers also.

That got me hooked. ever since i have NEEDED one.

If anyone is interested I am finishing a couple post sample M-16's next week, and am going to be taking them out to test them. I would be more then happy to let some people shoot them if interested.

I think it was an MP-5 or Thompson - can't remember which was first as I shot both at a rental range in Las Vegas. I remember thinking "I'm in Vegas - I can shoot a machine gun!" I was just grinning from ear-to-ear. Folks at the wedding didn't understand the joys of shooting, so I had to make up some excuse to get away.

20+ years ago a High School friend of mine that works for one of our Federal Agencies invited me to go out shooting. We go out to the desert and opened his trunk to find his fully auto MP5 and 2,000 rounds of 9mm:D. He has 10 50 clips with an auto loader. Nothing like going through a full clip in a matter of secounds:s0155: What as fully amazing was how good my friend was in full auto 3 round bursts. Over the following years we did it a few more times. Never got old.

The first was a suppressed MP5 just purchased for $18,000. That was a lot of fun. Since then, notible others would be my friends custom .50 cal bolt rifle with a suppressor which is the most expensive gun I've ever fired ($20,000 for the gun, $6,000 for the suppressor), an M-16 and I sure do like my hand built suppressed, short barreled, class III AR-15 money pit.

I took my son ( 10 yrs old) to the machine gun shoot at ARPC this Summer. I was in the Army and have shot m-60's, m-16's and m-2's (50 bmg). He wanted to try the Thompson. He got to shoot 20rds through a thompson and just loved it. I shot the .50 cal Berret. That had some kick to it. Then I shot a supressed MP5!!!!! Wow, they are just so cool to shoot!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top