JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So the gun show is coming up and id like to go there with an idea of what i want... Id love a compact/subcompact 1911 or a Sig P220R Compact, but don't have any experience with 1911's... I love sigs so I figure the 220R would be a good gun.. But i also want one that fits my hand good... :D and id like to keep it about $500...

I have always been a Glock fan myself and have several different full size handguns. I had not found a compact version of a gun that I liked till about 1.5 years ago. They never seem that much smaller then the full size versions and they didnt feel good in the hand.

Dealer handed me a gun and said check this out, I told him no thanks I dont like compact guns. Well I ended up leaving the store with this compact and has been my EDC since. It is the S&W M&Pc. Like any other gun about half the people I let hold it and half it dosent fit quite right. The thing feels amazing in my hand and internally is very similar to a Glock.

I would think $500 would put both out of reach, either would be fine all in what you want and what works well for you. I cant hit the broad side of a barn from the inside with closed doors with the 1911 but drive tacks with my 220. it is all about you. then you cant go wrong.

Take your time to decide and do more research , I have made poor choices in haste. I have found deals at gun shops as well as gun shows so don't feel pressured.

So the gun show is coming up and id like to go there with an idea of what i want... Id love a compact/subcompact 1911 or a Sig P220R Compact, but don't have any experience with 1911's... I love sigs so I figure the 220R would be a good gun.. But i also want one that fits my hand good... :D and id like to keep it about $500...

The shows you go to must be a LOT better than the ones I attend. :s0112:

Sorry I can't be any more helpful than that I don't have access to your hand so I don't know what fits.

I would think $500 would put both out of reach, either would be fine all in what you want and what works well for you. I cant hit the broad side of a barn from the inside with closed doors with the 1911 but drive tacks with my 220. it is all about you. then you cant go wrong.

My Kimber Eclipse Target II is the most accurate centerfire pistol I have (my Ruger Charger beats it), but I suspect a $500 1911 might not be as accurate. I guess I am trying to say "you get what you pay for".

Wat I want to spend and what I most likely will r two different things lol. the 220r is about 700.. so im expecting to pay more but less is better;)

as for the m & p I have always concidered one but never shot one

Depending on how compact you want, look at the Springfield Champion.

Basically it's a standard 1911 with 1" chopped off the barrel.

Good for parts compatibility with full size (for getting grips and whatever else), but still trims length and weight.

I was recently in the same position as you. I like both the 1911 and Sig's, but I didn't want to spend that much. Then I found the Stoeger Cougar 8000 series. I picked up a Cougar in .45 acp at the Collectors West Gun Show at the Portland Expo Center from Kieth's Sporting Goods. It cost $419.00 NIB. It came in a nice case with 2 magazines and a slide lock. When I looked online for reviews of the Cougars I found nothing but good marks. And if you don't want a .45 it also comes in 9mm and .40.

You can find used 220's in the 500 range from time to time. Might not be the prettiest, but they usually work and are pretty darn accurate. The main difference between the two, in a very broad sense, is that the 220 has a DA/SA trigger will the 1911 (barring those bastardized ones from para) are SAO. I love the 1911. They shoot great, but then again so do the sig's. In the end I would figure out which one you want to buy FIRST ;) .

have you had any professional training, and are you stocked up on ammunition for the weapons you have?

Iv got plenty of ammo the the calibers i have (.40 and .45) and I have not actually attended any training classes, but my uncle is a certified instructor and has taught me a lot.. and both my cousins are in Delta so they are always giving me tips when they are around...

Geez Finding the right girl to marry was easier then trying to figure out what gun to buy next.. this suxx lol

Ha! Try choosing your first again. Just when I think I've narrowed it down, I learn something new and reconsider. I swear it's getting harder with every thread I read. Hopefully your decision is easier. :)

I don't get what the problem is.
Man up and go pick a gun out.
If it wasn't satisfying,go get another.It's just that easy
Or buy two:s0155:

What difference does the ammo make? I like buying ammo.
If the new gun takes different ammo,that's a good thing.
Variety

Now go get the gun and post some pics.
I can't decide what I want next;)

If the decision is THAT tough I'll help you out..send ME the $500 and I promise to spend it well..... :D:s0155:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top