JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am a news addict and watch all of the local channels' newscasts. Oddly, this tape clip has never appeared locally at all, in spite of lots of other more lame clips from all over the country. None of the broadcast networks has shown it either.

This clip will not be played because it doesn't fit the mold that the mainstream media is trying to promulgate ie straight, white, Christian, and/or male=bad, everyone else=good... The number of stories like this is endless. At the same time the Matthew Sheppard case was being beat over the publics' head, night after night, about the killing of a gay man by straight men, this story of a young boy being raped and murdered by two gay men got crickets on the national news networks. While discussing this disparity of fair news coverage with an openly gay woman, she told me that this was a good thing, as otherwise it would lead to reprisals against gay people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Jesse_Dirkhising

So...its quite simple. If anyone straight, white, male and/or Christian commits a crime, its OK to prominently feature the story on national news. If an individual belonging to a racial, gender or sexual minority commits the same crime, it must not be featured, lest public opinion turn negative towards that group.

Keith

Watch the video first, then comment. Nothing short of Conan, the Terminator, or a well armed citizen with a .45ACP would have stopped these thugs from doing what they did. I'm 6'1", 215#, a powerlifter and have been training in hand-to-hand for the last 33 years and I don't believe I could have gotten out of this situation by myself without a weapon.

Keith

Bruce Lee maybe. But yeah I watched. And I see what you mean. I was under the impression it was only two attackers. But there was quite a few more, and this guy doesn't look like he could really fend off one on his own without a weapon.

Agreed, Bruce Lee could've taken all of these guys.

That's the wonderful thing about firearms. They level the playing field, giving a 90 pound grandmother a fighting chance against a 300 pound assailant.

Keith

Bruce Lee maybe. But yeah I watched. And I see what you mean. I was under the impression it was only two attackers. But there was quite a few more, and this guy doesn't look like he could really fend off one on his own without a weapon.

Once they got him out of the vehicle he was done whether he was armed or not. No need to be Bruce Lee if you act before being dragged out of the vehicle in my opinion though. Personally if I found myself in that situation and was armed at the time I would have drawn and told them to leave as soon as they started trying get into the vehicle. If they persisted I would start shooting. I imagine it would be a lot harder to drag someone out of a vehicle if you had to dodge bullets at the same time.

A cell phone would have been helpful for the guys too so they could call 911 on the move instead of having to pull over at a store to do it. The situation sucks all around, but a cell phone and/or a firearm could have averted, or changed the outcome of the incident.

They love to swarm. Usually cowards when alone, but if a pack is present they will swarm you. I teach JKD, which was Bruce's creation, and unless I took the fight instantly to them and they were shellshocked and some ran, it's likely I would be swarmed. But I would take a few of them out of commission, first

These kinds of scenarios are why I carry a pistol or three. In this situation the unarmed skills are a backup

Once they got him out of the vehicle he was done whether he was armed or not. No need to be Bruce Lee if you act before being dragged out of the vehicle in my opinion though. Personally if I found myself in that situation and was armed at the time I would have drawn and told them to leave as soon as they started trying get into the vehicle. If they persisted I would start shooting. I imagine it would be a lot harder to drag someone out of a vehicle if you had to dodge bullets at the same time.

A cell phone would have been helpful for the guys too so they could call 911 on the move instead of having to pull over at a store to do it. The situation sucks all around, but a cell phone and/or a firearm could have averted, or changed the outcome of the incident.

If you are skilled at weapon retention and started firing into them, they would run like scalded jackrabbits. They are only brave when they outnumber you 4 + to one or have a gat

I have been in just exactly that same situation....exactly...In Long Beach CA

When your butt is on the line you have to come out with every bit of force that you can muster...Hit 'em hard, hit 'em often, hit 'em low. Keep movin'......They lose their bravado when a couple of 'em fall...

And I am not Bruce Lee...

W44

Gang members and hoodlums are lost souls. All they know is violence and hatred. Yea, a few of them can change. But realistically, its not going to happen in numbers that will matter. In a life or death situation we make choices and have to stand by them. And from all the stuff ive seen...if i were threatened and justified to defend myself with lethal force, id take as many down as i could. Its not my fault that they were raised in the conditions they were, its not neccesarily theyre fault either. But deep down every man knows that he has to live or die by his choices, and people with this mentality, no matter the race, will eventually have to die as per theyre choice.

I am a former Marine and have quite a bit of experience with fighting more than one assailant. Any Marine that has spent time on ship or sailor will understand what I'm talking about here. When on ship you have to get permission to enter someones berthing area(where you sleep, live, etc). I was unaware of this unspoken rule and was looking to deliver a message to a Marine in another company from my squad leader. I had to go down a ladderwell to go in there. As soon as I asked for the guy I was looking for 6 guys rushed me and pushed me back in between the bulkhead and a stack of racks. This worked to my advantage as it funneled them in. They got smart real fast and one came up behind and one came through the bunk below to grab my feet and one from the above rack. I was overwhelmed in about 30 seconds, although it felt like minutes. They carried me up the ladderwell and dumped me at the top. I ran back to my own berthing area and reported to my squad leader what happened.
He quickly jumped up and ordered us all back. So eight of us went charging down the ladderwell into a platoon of infantry. About ten minutes into an all out melee, their LT showed up and yelled for everyone to stop. I was choking out a guy while sitting on top of another guy and trying to fend off a third trying to do something to my ankle when this happened. We all froze kind of comically in place as the LT started to read the riot act to his platoon for not kicking our asses sooner. It turned out it was us eight against about 40 guys in a confined space. This kind of thing is pretty common.

If I was in this situation I would have charged out the front door and started stomping mud holes in peoples butts. But I avoid situations where I am unarmed. Now If I had a handgun I would kick the door open and start shooting. Who knows though, training always seems to take over in these types of things.I came upon a nasty car crash today and had to break out my med kit and go to work on a guy bleeding from the head. I was lucky the Fire Truck pulled up about one minute after I started aid.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top