JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Is everyone afraid to say "shoot him"? ABSOLUTELY! What if the 911 operator said "shoot him", and it turned out the actual intruder was away, and the police were forcing their way in?! (I have a feeling she didn't wait for confirmation it was a bad guy before pulling the trigger, probably the instant that door opened, she fired.)

Nice of the dispatcher to skirt the standard idea of not giving legal advice by clarifying that she should do what she has to do to protect her baby. It is unfortunate that in today's society people have become litigious to the point you have to have a disclaimer on everything. I hope the perpetrator's family doesn't try to sue her for defending her child and her self - then again we are talking Oklahoma here, not San Francisco so I'm guessing her odds of winning against what should be a classified as a frivolous law suit are much better.

On another note - from the video news clip it appears that the cops didn't take her double barrel as evidence in case the deceased's friends and family get an itch for retaliation.

Seems odd to me that in the last few days I've seen several news stories of people justifiably shooting to defend themselves in similar situations. IIRC there was an 80 year old man who shot an intruder in the foot, a 14 year old who blasted one of two intruders with 00 buckshot and this 18 y/o mother all in 2 days time. I don't recall seeing this many self defense shootings getting neutral or positive coverage in the normal news sources in any given month over the last several years.

Glad she and her son survived the incident without any physical harm and proof that you shouldn't bring a knife to a gun fight.

A level of SHTF is coming. People living on the edge will do what it takes to eat and survive. It's why for the first time in my life I'm educating myself, got my concealed permit, and am on the path to gun ownership and training.

While I'm sorry she had to do it - good for her. I sure hope after losing her husband and having to justifiable shoot an intruder all in the same week that she has a strong support system in place. I love this story to offset what that POS did in Rainier.

Good girl and the dispatcher basically gave her the wink to defend herself without actually saying it, the other good thing I hear is the perk that got away turned himself in and is being charged with murder because someone died while commiting a crime..

Brave Lady - thank God she knew how to use the shot gun - better than a pistol.

"I can't tell you that you can do that but you do what you have to do to protect your baby," the dispatcher told her. McKinley was on the phone with 911 for a total of 21 minutes."

This surprised me. Is everyone afraid to say - "shoot him" . IS it because of liability?

I wonder what would have happened if she held back because the police would not say it is OK?

Can you even imagine the lawsuit because the dispatcher said "OK" on the kill? Not a shoot a KILL
Then the civil suits the poor dispatcher would face?
"My son was such a good boy" Did you ever read where the mother said "he's a piece of POO"

Yes there would be massive suits if the dispatcher said kill him. Cause if they would have said "shoot him" the prosecutor would have spun it to "kill" and the money would flow to the "poor family" that never gave a bubblegum about him before he went to the house with a knife.

What the heck was hie going to do when he entered the house with the knife?
Y'all think about that? What was he going to do? What kind of person goes after someone with a knife?

The reason I ask this is do you think about this while your wife is at home alone? Is the neighbor just waiting for your demise to come and do harm to your family?

Just something to share with the wife. No big deal

While I'm sorry she had to do it - good for her. I sure hope after losing her husband and having to justifiable shoot an intruder all in the same week that she has a strong support system in place. I love this story to offset what that POS did in Rainier.

The next MOFO will think about messing with her.

Nice of the dispatcher to skirt the standard idea of not giving legal advice by clarifying that she should do what she has to do to protect her baby. It is unfortunate that in today's society people have become litigious to the point you have to have a disclaimer on everything. I hope the perpetrator's family doesn't try to sue her for defending her child and her self - then again we are talking Oklahoma here, not San Francisco so I'm guessing her odds of winning against what should be a classified as a frivolous law suit are much better.

On another note - from the video news clip it appears that the cops didn't take her double barrel as evidence in case the deceased's friends and family get an itch for retaliation.

Seems odd to me that in the last few days I've seen several news stories of people justifiably shooting to defend themselves in similar situations. IIRC there was an 80 year old man who shot an intruder in the foot, a 14 year old who blasted one of two intruders with 00 buckshot and this 18 y/o mother all in 2 days time. I don't recall seeing this many self defense shootings getting neutral or positive coverage in the normal news sources in any given month over the last several years.

Glad she and her son survived the incident without any physical harm and proof that you shouldn't bring a knife to a gun fight.

TRY
Try to make your families understand that this is what is to come. Make them realize that even the lowlifes have it hard.
Money is short and there will be many that need it. This will be normal for some time.

Make sure your loved ones are proected

The dead perp came to her house the day her husband died and she did not let him in that day. Not that it matters, but her husband was 50, she's 18 and they were married for two years. Now I live in Oklahoma, and that's not something we see much of. No 46 year old man is getting his hands on my 16 year old daughter....

Anyway, back on topic, she lives in a very rural area and 20+ minutes isn't unheard of, but Blanchard does have a TON of police. I see them every time I get near Blanchard.

From Huffington Post: The Blanchard police department has set up a fund for Sarah McKinley at Chickasha Bank &Trust in Blanchard. The address is 1525 N Council Hwy 76 and the phone number is 405-485-2300. Anyone wishing to make a donation should ask for Leah.
or mail to the bank at P.O. Box 548, Blanchard, OK 73010.

I thought I'd give you guys an update from a local guy to the story. Rumor has it, the man that was shot was the baby's father. That the shooter and he have had an ongoing relationship for well over a year now. The local PD is looking deeper into the case. A new search warrant could be issued as early as today. Not sure if this will hit the news or not, but I got it from an LEO I know in Blanchard.

NOTE: None of this has been proven true or false as far as I know, just keeping you guys in the loop of the rumor mill.

I actually think I'd rather not have such details. It's really, REALLY none of our business. The news has turned into tabloid... we only get the most sensationalized stories, then 5 weeks of sensationalized backstory, spewing the most private details of peoples' lives.

I tell you what- if it comes out that she's charged with a crime, go ahead and report on that. But if you're just going to relay scuttlebutt, leave it over there in Okie.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top