JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
But the cat is OK.
Mr Whiskers is just fine...from the article...

The cat, at least, is fine.

Remember...if you don't talk to your cat about guns...who will?

51nrchqpb5L._SX317_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Clearly pulled the magazine out and didn't clear the chamber. Dumb-bubblegum. (Or was that obvious to obvious to everyone)

It's idiots like these that are the reason firearm manufacturers are forced to make "safety features" like magazine disconnects.

Maybe it's that time? For a WARNING label......

Warning. If you are gonna commit MURDER, or any crime, or if you're CRAZY, and/or suicidal or just plain STUPID....Do NOT use this product.

Aloha, Mark

PS....think of it as, just like the warning on packages of tobacco products.

Why?

Because......
854472-1a6bba2efd9b675eab9c2bb7fca55314.jpg

NO. I haven't figured it out yet. Huh? You know.....about how to convey the message to any recent OR High School Grads (that are reading challenged). Remember to thank the Governor of OR.

Last Edited:
living in a rural area, one often has a visitor show up who is armed, or I myself may be armed when visiting
if your concealed carry, it's just polite to inform the host
it's common practice to clear the firearm outside and show the homeowner it's clear, NOT just remove the mag
my wife personally requires firearms be left inside, by the door, others allow you to still carry, once you have cleared the firearm
long guns are always cleared and left outside
guess they don't do this in Kenosha
Never heard of that. I've lived a lot of places, rural and urban, and we have never asked about guns. Plenty of people have carried in my home without declaring it to me. Probably more than I know. I've also never had someone leave a loaded gun laying about, and I wouldn't be OK with that.

Last Edited:
All joking aside, they actually do have a good use. But it's not a very common one.
There are two situations that I know laser sights are useful:

Low light - If your in a situation that requires a flashlight, a laser sight will work great also, better than night sights IMO.

Training - You can get a better idea of what your doing wrong if the laser is bouncing around during target practice.

Low light - If your in a situation that requires a flashlight, a laser sight will work great also, better than night sights IMO.

Training - You can get a better idea of what your doing wrong if the laser is bouncing around during target practice.
An irregular position preventing proper sight alignment.

In the unlikely event that you need to aim but can't use your sights, a laser will do that.

But all of the above answers work.

Last Edited:
In the unlikely event that you need to aim but can't use your sights, a laser will do that.

But all of the above answers work.
I think if you do have a laser and needed to use it for SD it would likely come in handy more often than not with the exception of it being to bright too see it. I've read that most self defense shootings happen in low light, true or not, I don't know, but at least some do. For most people a laser sight is more accurate that standard sights (for sure the case for me) since you can see where the POA is and if it moves while pulling the trigger, and you can focus on the target instead of the top of the gun, similar to a red dot. From what I hear most people don't use their sights in a SD situation anyway, so in that case a laser sight would be more useful than normal sights, presuming one remembers or has the time to turn it on (When I shoot fast I don't use the sights). With that and with all the other mentioned uses, too me that sounds like a lot of situations where a laser sight will be practical. Also, I was just recently diagnosed with Uveitis, laser sights are much easier for me to use that standard sights, especially on my LCP. Red dots too. I think the big advantage of standard sights over laser sights are they don't need batteries and you can see them during the day much better. Even a high quality laser sight can be hard to see on a bright day.

Since you seem pretty opinionated about the limited use of laser sights, we will just have to agree to disagree.

Please don't take offense to my rambling, I'm just elaborating on my opinion on laser sights. (I don't figure you would be, it's just some people do get offended when someone has an opposing opinion, which is silly since we are all allowed to have our own). Enjoy your morning.

An irregular position preventing proper sight alignment.
I think if you do have a laser and needed to use it for SD it would likely come in handy more often than not with the exception of it being to bright too see it. I've read that most self defense shootings happen in low light, true or not, I don't know, but at least some do. For most people a laser sight is more accurate that standard sights (for sure the case for me) since you can see where the POA is and if it moves while pulling the trigger, and you can focus on the target instead of the top of the gun, similar to a red dot. From what I hear most people don't use their sights in a SD situation anyway, so in that case a laser sight would be more useful than normal sights, presuming one remembers or has the time to turn it on (When I shoot fast I don't use the sights). With that and with all the other mentioned uses, too me that sounds like a lot of situations where a laser sight will be practical. Also, I was just recently diagnosed with Uveitis, laser sights are much easier for me to use that standard sights, especially on my LCP. Red dots too. I think the big advantage of standard sights over laser sights are they don't need batteries and you can see them during the day much better. Even a high quality laser sight can be hard to see on a bright day.

Since you seem pretty opinionated about the limited use of laser sights, we will just have to agree to disagree.

Please don't take offense to my rambling, I'm just elaborating on my opinion on laser sights. (I don't figure you would be, it's just some people do get offended when someone has an opposing opinion, which is silly since we are all allowed to have our own). Enjoy your morning.
No offense taken, and I'm not sure where I came across as being against laser sights (because I'm not, I have one on my carry gun)…

I think they are more useful than many people give them credit for. A lot of folks dismiss them entirely.

They certainly have their downsides, and unless you have a condition that makes normal gun sights difficult to use, I don't think they should be viewed as a substitute for standard aiming with sights, but they certainly can be useful in some scenarios.

Hope that clarifies. I agree with all of what you said above and the situations others mentioned as good uses for lasers.

Never heard of that. I've lived a lot of places, rural and urban, and we have never asked about guns. Plenty of people have carried in my home without declaring it to me. Probably more than I know. I've also never had someone leave a loaded gun laying about, and I wouldn't be OK with that.
^^^ This.

I've never heard nor seen nor read about those previously stated protocols. I wonder if those are written down somewhere?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top