JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A teen is in custody on suspicion of firing one or two shots on a MAX train Tuesday night in Portland, police said, citing early information.

No one was injured in the shooting, which happened on a train at the East 102nd Avenue transit station on Burnside Street, Portland police said in a news release.

A Good Samaritan held the male teen down until officers took him into custody, police said.

Police said the teen fired after a man confronted him — apparently about money missing from the man's home. They said the teen and man know each other.

Full Story: Teen suspect in custody after MAX train shooting, police say

This is exactly why when I was without a vehicle I chose to ride a bicycle to Mcminnville rather than take the bus. An hours ride each way next to traffic bereft of shoulders was way better in my mind then fifteen minutes stuck in an enclosed area with other people. Good ol' public transit is an absolute last resort as far as I'm concerned, Thanks for posting the story Joe.

DID you see the guy they interviewed on channel 6 about this. WOW Hair done up into a Indian head dress looking thing. Talk about Weird Portland.

I was riding the MAX downtown a few years ago because I didn't want to deal with downtown parking at my destination.
At the back of the car a big beefy young black guy started assaulting this small skinny black guy. I mean he was repeatedly punching him in the face and doing real damage.
Everyone else pretended not to notice and buried their heads in their phones. Even though I wasn't carrying at the time I got up to intervene, yelled "hey!" as I walked down the aisle towards them. (I have a lifelong visceral dislike of bullies) Just then we pulled into a station, the doors opened, at mr tough guy and his girlfriend ran away. An assault in plain view of everyone and no one else did a damned thing. I realized then that if I'm ever attacked I'm likely on my own because no one will call for help. Now, as a rule, I won't ride public transit unless I'm carrying.

I'm I total agreement, I don't do MAX unless I'm carrying, way too many strange folks riding the trains...
DID you see the guy they interviewed on channel 6 about this. WOW Hair done up into a Indian head dress looking thing. Talk about Weird Portland.
Rambo Richardson said "So I just tried to be an example to others. To try to bring things back to what it used to be, the indigenous way. Helping the community, not just standing by."

We need more people who are willing to take action, then these thugs and street punks will think twice about their actions, perhaps....

I was riding the MAX downtown a few years ago because I didn't want to deal with downtown parking at my destination.
At the back of the car a big beefy young black guy started assaulting this small skinny black guy. I mean he was repeatedly punching him in the face and doing real damage.
Everyone else pretended not to notice and buried their heads in their phones. Even though I wasn't carrying at the time I got up to intervene, yelled "hey!" as I walked down the aisle towards them. (I have a lifelong visceral dislike of bullies) Just then we pulled into a station, the doors opened, at mr tough guy and his girlfriend ran away. An assault in plain view of everyone and no one else did a damned thing. I realized then that if I'm ever attacked I'm likely on my own because no one will call for help. Now, as a rule, I won't ride public transit unless I'm carrying.

What can the average person really be expected to do in a case like that beyond calling the police (granted it seems nobody even did that much)? The aggressor has already demonstrated a propensity to violence, most people don't have any self-defense training, and even if someone does, are they really going to put themselves in harms way for someone they don't know? Self defense training is all well and good, but anything can happen in a real fight, and the aggressor probably has more experience in real fights.

It gets even worse if someone is carrying, are they really going to put themselves in a situation of KILLING someone over something they know nothing about? If they approach first, now they're within a few feet, can they really draw their gun and get a shot off before the aggressor gets to them? Do they draw right away and yell commands? What about the bystanders in the middle?

What if the beefy dude is actually the victim? What if the skinny dude pulled a knife or other weapon and tried to mug him?

There are so many variables, it's no wonder that most people stay out of it, though granted most of the reasons for staying out are fear of personal harm, not any of those other ones.

No. I did not notice.
25 years in Portland. Not much left to shock me.

Sadly. If I saw two guys straggling down the streets of Portland. Stuck together like two humping dogs, with there hair on fire. I probably wouldn't notice. :s0002:

How could this happen?
A teen with a gun? With a loaded magazine? And I can only assume no CHL?
Multnomah County has very strict gun laws-that should have stopped this whole situation:p
Isn't that what common sense gun control is all about?

These are all the exact reasons I ride under the bus.

th?&id=OIP.M60b820bdfb4c93708c727a4a6ac65f32o0&w=297&h=169&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0.jpg

How could this happen?
Multnomah County has very strict gun laws-that should have stopped this whole situation:p
It was a revolver, obviously loaded, as he got off a couple of shots... Carrying a concealed, loaded handgun in Portland and Multnomah County, without a CHL (cause he's a teen)...

Well that's just not allowed, we all know there's laws against such behavior... Now if we could only get the criminals to comply....

Portland and Multnomah County, isn't this one of the liberals utopia? Where they have enacted their anti gun laws? See what it all gets ya....

How could this happen?
Isn't that what common sense gun control is all about?

Damnit, I was six minutes too late and you stole my comment! :p

Damnit, I was six minutes too late and you stole my comment! :p

It was the first thing I saw when I woke up a few minutes ago...Had to fumble through the key pad to even make a coherent sentence.Hopefully that happened..

Sorry for stealing your thunder,but hey,great minds think alike.

Yeah, heck with mass transit in these dangerous times of predatory, low life, bottom dwellers! I wouldn't set foot on Max or a bus, on some routes, unless armed to the teeth!
The comments after the story were hilarious! Those folks who say, "oh, sure it's safe!" are either liars or idiots! I've witnessed fights, drug deals/use, and harassment/intimidation!
People used to call buses, "loser cruisers," and Max fits perfectly under that broad statement!

BTW, the revolver shown on Ch 6 news looks like a big bore, to my old eyes. I was thinking of a Charter Arms .44 or .45. At any rate it had a soft HP round in the cylinder! :eek:

Last Edited:
On my last visit to the Pacific N.W. I took the Max from the Air Port to Gresham and I was shocked at the blatant, outright criminal display I witnessed! I bet in the 1 1/2 hour it took to make that trip, I saw 10 or more Felonies committed while on the train! Looks like MAX has become a preferred mode of transport for low life scum and degenerates in your fair area! What a Sh!tHol it has become!!!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top