JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Good for her - she's speaking up about California's new gun laws!

"When you look at these events that have been occurring, they've been occurring in some of the strictest gun law countries in the world. You have Paris, you have San Bernardino, which was actually in a gun-free zone, so, yeah, it's actually something that you take into consideration.

For me personally, I realize the first responsibility of a police officer is to respond to an incident and for me personally, in that five minutes or 10 minutes or 20 minutes in some cases that it takes for them to get there, how do you want to stand there? I would rather have my second amendment right."

Gold Medal Olympic Shooter Criticizes California Gun Control

Speaking from the games in Rio de Janeiro, U.S. Olympic shooter Kim Rhode said she is pro-concealed carry and against the plethora of new gun controls passed by California lawmakers and signed by Governor Jerry Brown (D).
Rhode intimated that some find it strange that an Olympian speaks out on political issues back home, but she believes the times demand it. She said, "I'm definitely becoming more vocal because I see the need."

According to The Guardian, Rhode said:

We just had six laws that were passed in California that will directly affect me. For example, one of them being an ammunition law. I shoot 500 to 1,000 rounds a day, having to do a background check every time I purchase ammo or when I bring ammo out for a competition or a match – those are very, very challenging for me.

Rhode is referencing the six gun controls Brown signed into law on July 1, part of what was referred to as "gunpocalypse." That legislation included a bill that outlawed the possession of "high capacity" magazines and another which expanded the state's "assault weapons" ban. It included another bill that requires ammunition purchasers to go through a background check every time they purchase ammunition.

Ammunition background checks will certainly be used to build a database on ammo owners in the same way that California has used firearm purchaser background checks and firearm registration to compile a database on gun owners.

Rhode sees hindrances to freedom at every turn with these new gun laws–not hindrances to criminals, but to law-abiding citizens.

The Guardian asked Rhode about gun control as a response to "mass shootings" and crime in general. Rhode responded:

When you look at these events that have been occurring, they've been occurring in some of the strictest gun law countries in the world. You have Paris, you have San Bernardino, which was actually in a gun-free zone, so, yeah, it's actually something that you take into consideration.

For me personally, I realize the first responsibility of a police officer is to respond to an incident and for me personally, in that five minutes or 10 minutes or 20 minutes in some cases that it takes for them to get there, how do you want to stand there? I would rather have my second amendment right.

Rhode is a triple gold medalist.

AWR Hawkins is the Second Amendment columnist for Breitbart News and political analyst for Armed American Radio. Follow him on Twitter: @AWRHawkins. Reach him directly at [email protected].

Good for her - she's speaking up about California's new gun laws!

"When you look at these events that have been occurring, they've been occurring in some of the strictest gun law countries in the world. You have Paris, you have San Bernardino, which was actually in a gun-free zone, so, yeah, it's actually something that you take into consideration.

For me personally, I realize the first responsibility of a police officer is to respond to an incident and for me personally, in that five minutes or 10 minutes or 20 minutes in some cases that it takes for them to get there, how do you want to stand there? I would rather have my second amendment right."

Gold Medal Olympic Shooter Criticizes California Gun Control

Speaking from the games in Rio de Janeiro, U.S. Olympic shooter Kim Rhode said she is pro-concealed carry and against the plethora of new gun controls passed by California lawmakers and signed by Governor Jerry Brown (D).
Rhode intimated that some find it strange that an Olympian speaks out on political issues back home, but she believes the times demand it. She said, "I'm definitely becoming more vocal because I see the need."

According to The Guardian, Rhode said:

We just had six laws that were passed in California that will directly affect me. For example, one of them being an ammunition law. I shoot 500 to 1,000 rounds a day, having to do a background check every time I purchase ammo or when I bring ammo out for a competition or a match – those are very, very challenging for me.

Rhode is referencing the six gun controls Brown signed into law on July 1, part of what was referred to as "gunpocalypse." That legislation included a bill that outlawed the possession of "high capacity" magazines and another which expanded the state's "assault weapons" ban. It included another bill that requires ammunition purchasers to go through a background check every time they purchase ammunition.

Ammunition background checks will certainly be used to build a database on ammo owners in the same way that California has used firearm purchaser background checks and firearm registration to compile a database on gun owners.

Rhode sees hindrances to freedom at every turn with these new gun laws–not hindrances to criminals, but to law-abiding citizens.

The Guardian asked Rhode about gun control as a response to "mass shootings" and crime in general. Rhode responded:

When you look at these events that have been occurring, they've been occurring in some of the strictest gun law countries in the world. You have Paris, you have San Bernardino, which was actually in a gun-free zone, so, yeah, it's actually something that you take into consideration.

For me personally, I realize the first responsibility of a police officer is to respond to an incident and for me personally, in that five minutes or 10 minutes or 20 minutes in some cases that it takes for them to get there, how do you want to stand there? I would rather have my second amendment right.

Rhode is a triple gold medalist.

AWR Hawkins is the Second Amendment columnist for Breitbart News and political analyst for Armed American Radio. Follow him on Twitter: @AWRHawkins. Reach him directly at [email protected].

That subject deserves its own thread. This discussion is celebrating Ginny's win. You should post that in a new message.

I wonder, was this what Ginny Thrasher was thinking??

I guess that you can say that the Chinese were THRASHED!! :D

ginny3.jpg

The Chinese shooters do look a little bit envious in this photo. The Silver Medalist on the left is Li Du, China's great champion shooter, who won the Gold Medal in this event in the last two Olympics. The other Chinese shooter on the right is Yi Siling, who is supposed to be China's new young shooting sensation.

Last Edited:
Interesting tidbit: Ginny had been an avid ice skater as a young girl, and wanted to become a competitive ice skater. However, when her Grandfather took her deer hunting, he was amazed by her shooting skills as a newbie age 14 shooter, as she made a picture perfect shot on a deer while shooting off-hand. Recognizing that she had a natural talent, her grandfather convinced her to give up skating, and switch to shooting instead.

Just goes to show how something simple like a Grandpa wanting to take his granddaughter Deer hunting so changed her life for the better.

Way to go, the spirit of Annie Oakley lives on. Not very many people know that her husband Frank Butler was an American sharpshooter legend in his own right. He gave up his career to further hers as she was the better shooter. I wish this young lady all the success in her endeavors and is able to enjoy it without having the anti gun crowd spoiling it for her. It is really a feather in her hat beating out not one but two shooters out of the country that has over 20% of the world's population vs US with .06% of the world's population.

I will bet the anti gunners will do everything to discredit her win and Odummer will do even worse. They would probably prefer to have the US basketball whorehouse visitors to having her visit the "White House" than her. Birds of a feather flock together is no more aptly in describing POTUS. She has more class in her little finger than most of the other American "Athletes" who are multimillionaires.

Ginny reminds me a lot of my late 2nd cousin Gloria, who won her World Shooting Title at the age of only 17. However, there were no women's international shooting events back in the 1940's. The first women's international shooting match did not take place until 1958.

So my 2rd cousin had to compete against a field of MEN in what was otherwise a men's event, and defeated them all, besides setting a new world record. It was quite quite sensational news back then. She was not only the only woman in the competition, but here she was still a minor too.

There was no TV back then, but Movietone news did a news story about her titled "1940 World Pistol Champion is a Girl!", which was shown in movie theaters.

People said that she could have become another Annie Oakley. But she graduated from high school the next year, married her sweetheart shortly after that, and started a family and became a housewife and mother. But back in those days, that was the traditional thing that most women did. There was no such thing as "Women's Lib", back then.

I watched a few interviews with her. She is a sweetheart. No bragging, very happy and humble.
She has my utmost respect. Congratulations Ginny, you made America proud. Now go get em in the three position!

I saw Ginny's post award interview, she's doll, just a delight! A wonderful laugh, animated and a great sense of humor! Very articulate, also! A real ambassador!:D

I see that she compete's in 3 position on Monday, the eighth.
I wish they'd televise that! Definitely not holding my breath!

Again, best of luck, Ginny!:)

Good for Miss Thrasher... quite an accomplishment at just 19! GO TEAM USA!

As for the Chinese shooters being envious... well, we have to remember athletes in other countries like China, winning is a must as it ensures that not only you, but your whole family gets taken care of. A gold medal is not only prestige for you and your country, it's a guaranteed ticket to entire lifetime of comfort and luxury - successful athletes are often tapped to be coaches and trainers for the next generation of Olympians.

The beauty of life here in the USA is that even if some of our Olympians come home without medals, they're almost always guaranteed a decent life outside of athletics. Maybe it won't be a life of ridiculous fortune and fame, but I doubt they fear getting killed or living in complete poverty.

For other athletes, seeking asylum is better than winning a medal!
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/27/s...r-from-sudan-seeks-asylum-in-london.html?_r=0

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top