JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Pretty cool ;^)

OK, it was for Air Rifle, but it is still a shooting sport!

U.S. teen Ginny Thrasher wins Rio's first gold - CNN.com

American shooter Ginny Thrasher won the first gold medal of the Rio Olympics, pulling off an upset in the women's 10-meter air rifle event Saturday morning.

Thrasher, 19, beat silver medalist Du Li of China in the final round with a total of 208.0, setting an Olympic record in the finals.

160806150931-olympics-virginia-thrasher-exlarge-169.jpg

This was such a great story to watch on TV this morning. They gave so much interesting background about her. In her freshman year, 19 yr old Ginny became the first college freshman to win both the NCAA women's air rifle and smallbore rifle shooting championships. Ginny helped lead the University of West Virginia to win the overall NCAA National Shooting Title.

The amazing thing is, though, she only started shooting 5 years ago, when he Grandfather talked her into going hunting with him when she was 14. Her Granddad is the one who first got her interested in shooting. I wonder how proud he must feel today?????

Here is Ginny holding her gold medal:

CpLv9W6WgAI9y2e.jpg

Ginny was not given any chance of winning gold, since she was going up against two veteran Olympic champions, who are officers in the Communist Chinese Army. The Chinese have dominated air rifle in recent years.

However, the little American teenager managed to defeat China's best professional shooters, who had to settle for silver and bronze!!

What a incredible feat! And what an absolutely fabulous story!

And what an incredible shot she is!!

586408192.jpg

Rather restrained smiles on the faces of the Chinese Communists. The one that got bronze does not look happy at all.

Last Edited:
Let's hope the polo team doesn't drink the water down there!! :eek:

You know, I saw on a show, two men that were on sailboat teams, which started last week. One poor guy had a 11/2" Diam by 11/2" deep hole eaten into his back! The other gentleman had a bad rash on the right side of his body. They said it was the dirtiest water anyone had ever seen! They could see fecal matter floating in it! Everybody was freaking out when they got splashed! :eek:
Well, erase Brazil off my bucket list! :confused:

You know, I saw on a show, two men that were on sailboat teams, which started last week. One poor guy had a 11/2" Diam by 11/2" deep hole eaten into his back! The other gentleman had a bad rash on the right side of his body. They said it was the dirtiest water anyone had ever seen! They could see fecal matter floating in it! Everybody was freaking out when they got splashed! :eek:
Well, erase Brazil off my bucket list! :confused:

What, not even for the thong bikinis or Brazilian hot wax jobs?! :D

Did Miss Thrasher's awesome win cause Bob Costas go on a rant about the evils of guns again? :)

I saw the update report during the water polo game. You could feel how badly the announcer wanted to inject some anti-gun agenda BS but couldn't figure out just how to do it.
I hear Obama had sprinted halfway to the press conference podium to denounce the shooting, insist on more common sense restrictions on Air Guns and insist there was no terrorist or Muslim connection before they could catch him.

Let's hope the polo team doesn't drink the water down there!! :eek:
Hell, it had already killed all their horses by the time I started watching it in the second quarter!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top