JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

A Texas teen was arrested and is now facing prison time for terroristic threatening after posting a not so funny joke on Facebook. Apparently the boy got into an online argument over a video game and responded by posting, “I’m going to go shoot up a school full of kids, lol, jk.”

When a Canadian woman saw the post, she Googled the boy’s name and found his old street address. She discovered that the residence was near an elementary school, and then called the police to report the boy’s alleged threat. The following month, 18-year-old Justin Carter was arrested and is now facing eight years in prison.

According to a local news report, Justin has been in jail since March and his trial is set to start July 1.

Justin’s dad, Jack Carter, is pleading with parents and teens to be aware of the dangers of such comments and the risks of making such jokes on social media sites.

Carter explained the events which led up to the statement his son made. Justin was engaged in the online video game “League of Legends” when he and a friend got into an argument over the game.

“Someone had said something to the effect of ‘Oh you’re insane, you’re crazy, you’re messed up in the head,’ to which he [Justin] replied ‘Oh yeah, I’m real messed up in the head, I’m going to go shoot up a school full of kids and eat their still, beating hearts,’ and the next two lines were lol and jk,” explained Carter.

“Justin was the kind of kid who didn’t read the newspaper,” Carter continued. “He didn’t watch television. He wasn’t aware of current events.” The current events, of course, referring to the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut last December; an event which has sparked a national debate over violence and video games.

“These kids, they don’t realize what they’re doing. They don’t understand the implications. They don’t understand public space,” the boy’s father explained. “If I can just help one person to understand that social media is not a playground, that when you go out there into social media, when you use Facebook, when you use Twitter, when you go out there and make comments on news articles, and the things you are saying can and will be used against you.”

“These people are serious. They really want my son to go away to jail for a sarcastic comment that he made,” Carter said.

Teen faces prison time for posting ?I?m going to go shoot up a school full of kids, lol? on Facebook (VIDEO)

Last edited by a moderator:
Kid's too stupid to make it in the real world anyway! Ordinarily I see a kid go to jail and I think, well here's another criminal education beginning. But, again, probably too dumb to learn!

so now you cant even be an *** hole anymore, without going to prison for 8 years? besides that, what the bubblegum was some random woman doing looking at a 19 year old boy's facebook?

Seriously, prison time because of that?
Thats ridiculous.
What no one has ever heard dark humor?
Was it over the top? Sure..
So is burning our god damn american flag.. But thats protected under "freedom of speech" so why not this?

Read as a whole, this boy said something which some may find disgusting, HOWEVER it wasn't an idle or intent threat.. Hell it was even followed by lol and jk.

That hooker needs help if shes got all day to google
and that kid down, report him then watch the show.
I think I just might google her and give her a piece of my mind.
I suppose shes just contributing to the teen incarceration statistic and setting him up for failure and utterly, a future life of crime as a result.

Somebody better tell Danny Vermin to watch out for the feds...

zwzu.jpg

I love the movie, but comment always caught me a little off-guard.

If anyone gets caught quoting the movie, they might be looking at jail time.

I use FB and am a little older, but I am smart enough to know what to install and what not on my phone/tablet. And I've decided against a bunch of interesting apps due to the permissions they seek in the phone. People are too dumb, stupid and lazy to just take a second to look at what an app wants from their device. I can understand not everybody fully grasps everything, but if you read through the list at least common sense should trigger... "Why does this puzzle game need read & write access to my contacts and make phone calls?". The facebook app is pretty clearly a no-go due to the amount of crap they want. I just use the webbrowser in the phone to visit the page, if needed.

So let me get this straight. Russia calls the US and says, "hey, keep an eye on the Tsarneev brothers they are up to something". And the HSA says, "fooey, they are good kids." But one kid makes some real stupid comments after raging from a video game and they want to treat him like a terrorist?

Sorry, unless it is used for a commercial purpose, Facecrook is just an insecure cry out 'look at me, I am doing something important, I am somebody; please pay attn to me!'. That said, of course Junior made a statement just to get attn; the last time I checked when you add j/k your statement is made as a joke only.

Sorry, unless it is used for a commercial purpose, Facecrook is just an insecure cry out 'look at me, I am doing something important, I am somebody; please pay attn to me!'. That said, of course Junior made a statement just to get attn; the last time I checked when you add j/k your statement is made as a joke only.

For me it's an easy way to stay in touch with groups of friends from all over the world. Of course it's an advertising platform and all info you put there is used to create a nice target profile for advertising and product placement.

That kid should've been smarter, but it's just a (big) kid. Similar to elementary school kids who can't play cops & robbers or whatever because OH NOEZ TEH GUNZ!!!!1111.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top