JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Give me a reason to vote for you Mr Cruz.o_O

He made a great start.
<broken link removed>

As he made the points before, Cruz rattled off his list without taking a breath or skipping a beat:

1. Repeal every blasted word of <broken link removed> .
  2. Abolish the IRS. Put the IRS agents on the border.
  3. Stop the out of control regulators at the EPA and alphabet soup of Washington.
  4. Defend our constitutional rights. All of them.
  5. Restore America's leadership in the world as a shining city on a hill.
Cruz's priorities were greeted with a standing ovation from the conservative crowd at the gathering.

Just Jim, even the fact that Hitlery announced is beyond my comprehension.

I laughed, very cynically over her various Oops ... like using an Almost Verbatim Quote from Adolf Hitler, her opening day remarks!!!

I am loosing steam for this night, gotta go... but last remark of/on/about her:

No Way can she get the votes, the Bengazy Incident Alone she may be in court, and lose her Ability to serve ... if you know what I mean

philip

He made a great start.
<broken link removed>

As he made the points before, Cruz rattled off his list without taking a breath or skipping a beat:

1. Repeal every blasted word of <broken link removed> .
  2. Abolish the IRS. Put the IRS agents on the border.
  3. Stop the out of control regulators at the EPA and alphabet soup of Washington.
  4. Defend our constitutional rights. All of them.
  5. Restore America's leadership in the world as a shining city on a hill.
Cruz's priorities were greeted with a standing ovation from the conservative crowd at the gathering.

OK, yes he says this is what needs to be done. What I want is how he will make it happen. I am 63 and have heard every promise made by politicians but no plan as to how they will full fill those promise. Maybe we will get lucky this time, just listen for a plan.

I laughed, very cynically over her various Oops ... like using an Almost Verbatim Quote from Adolf Hitler, her opening day remarks!!!

No Way can she get the votes, the Bengazy Incident Alone she may be in court, and lose her Ability to serve ... if you know what I mean

philip

This is April and the remembrance of the OKC bombing, Clinton was there and rightly should be because he stirred up the hate that caused the bombing by killing all those at Waco. Can you imagine with all the hate in Furgastan and all the other places what will happen when we get another copresidency? This country will fall should they win again cause we are on that edge already. Jmo.

I think all politicians speak to the voters ears to get elected and very few have lived up to their campaign promises. It's high time they are brought to justice if they lie to the American people who trusted them!!!!

But some here will still vote for the witch.:rolleyes:

This thread is the exact reason this country is going to shot in a handbag. Ted Cruz may not be the perfect conservative prospect, but my current research has me thinking he is the best shot the conservatives have to try and regain the Presidency in this country. Is he the perfect conservative ?? Hell no...but at this point he seems a pretty damn good option to overthrow the existing cabal and its potential successors.

Everybody has some "skeletons" in their briefcases...but as long as the conservatives all sit around and wring their hands and argue about who they will run against Billary, they have more time to continue to brain wash the liberal sheep and continue to divide the Republican party. The Demorats are already behind her..saves them a lot of time and getting right to the point.

OK, yes he says this is what needs to be done. What I want is how he will make it happen. I am 63 and have heard every promise made by politicians but no plan as to how they will full fill those promise. Maybe we will get lucky this time, just listen for a plan.
Yep I have 6 yrs on ya and heard the same crap but I feel his heart is true. Time will tell.
He will stand beside the 2nd Amendment as well. He will stand behind ALL the Constitution as it is written. He was very adamant about that stance. We need that badly.
Lets pray he survives to be elected.

Newly aggressive Russia, mid-east imploding..I don't think we need to elect another first time Senator as president.

Politics is more about character than anything else in my opinion. It wasnt Obama was a first term, it's he has poor character.

Give you an example of someone who has had years of experience in governing yet has destroyed his state, Jerry Brown. Watch as the people migrate out of kali looking for jobs that don't exist because of the state run drought. People already have no water in their houses even though they have 800 miles of coastline to set up desalinization plants. There is a far bigger picture of the screwing those people are getting but it's what happens with one party rule.

This thread is the exact reason this country is going to shot in a handbag. Ted Cruz may not be the perfect conservative prospect, but my current research has me thinking he is the best shot the conservatives have to try and regain the Presidency in this country. Is he the perfect conservative ?? Hell no...but at this point he seems a pretty damn good option to overthrow the existing cabal and its potential successors.

Everybody has some "skeletons" in their briefcases...but as long as the conservatives all sit around and wring their hands and argue about who they will run against Billary, they have more time to continue to brain wash the liberal sheep and continue to divide the Republican party. The Demorats are already behind her..saves them a lot of time and getting right to the point.

Well the repubs are earning the division and if they don't get to work fighting Obama they may not win the next election. Everyone looks at the parties and says to themselves "what's different?". If the repubs don't start making a difference soon there is no guarantee they will keep the house and senate.

Ted also participated in the Heller case before SCOTUS. Wrote the brief and presented oral arguments for the plaintif. That's serious second amendment cred.

"In the landmark case of District of Columbia v. Heller, Cruz drafted the amicus brief signed by the attorneys general of 31 states, which said that the D.C. handgun ban should be struck down as infringing upon the Second Amendmentright to keep and bear arms.[46][48] Cruz also presented oral argument for the amici states in the companion case to Heller before the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit.[46][49]"

Yep I have 6 yrs on ya and heard the same crap but I feel his heart is true. Time will tell.
He will stand beside the 2nd Amendment as well. He will stand behind ALL the Constitution as it is written. He was very adamant about that stance. We need that badly.
Lets pray he survives to be elected.

6 years:eek: oh my god...:D:D

frauhunter, ... you are welcome to your opinion... I took my info from various Conservative sources.... however, I did read some fantastic Lies from Salon, and other Progressive Directed websites...

You should look at Ted's WORK since his Graduation, and the Awards he has won, stuff like:

He was the first Hispanic, the youngest and the longest-serving solicitor general in Texas history. That says a bunch to me.

Cruz was also an adjunct professor of law at the University of Texas School of Law in Austin, from 2004 to 2009. While there, he taught U.S. Supreme Court litigation.

that takes awareness of the topic, maybe that is an understatement.

During high school, Cruz participated in a Houston-based group called the <broken link removed> where he learned about free-market economic philosophers such as Milton Friedman, Friedrich Hayek, Frédéric Bastiat and Ludwig von Mises. The program was run by Rolland Storey and Cruz entered the program at the age of 13.

Cruz graduated cum laude from Princeton University with a Bachelor of Arts in Public Policy from the Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs in 1992.

While at Princeton, he competed for the American Whig-Cliosophic Society's Debate Paneland won the top speaker award at both the 1992 U.S. National Debating Championship and the 1992 North American Debating Championship.

In 1992, he was named U.S. National Speaker of the Year, as well as Team of the Year, with his debate partner, David Panton.

Cruz was a semi-finalist at the 1995 World Universities Debating Championship, making him Princeton's highest-ranked debater at the championship. Princeton's debate team later named their annual novice championship after Cruz.

It takes more than Brains to achieve a degree from Princeton U, and his honors only speak for them self, not like our current POTUS who received that Nobel Peace prize or whatever, like it came from a box of cracker jacks... hey speaking of `bama, where are his scholastic records??? some transparency.

a few more simple to find facts:

After graduating from Princeton, Cruz attended Harvard Law School, graduating magna cum laude in 1995 with a Juris Doctor degree.

While at Harvard Law, he was a primary editor of the Harvard Law Review, and executive editor of the Harvard Journal of Law and Public Policy, and a founding editor of the Harvard Latino Law Review.

Referring to Cruz's time as a student at Harvard Law, Professor Alan Dershowitz said, "Cruz was off-the-charts brilliant."
At Harvard Law, Cruz was a John M. Olin Fellow in Law and Economics.

Cruz currently serves on the Board of Advisors of the Texas Review of Law and Politics.

all above Facts came from Wikipedia, not a Conservative based website, in the least.

I end this by saying Ted Cruz is only a human... he has erred, as has his parents.... but the issue in front of us is an election of a new POTUS, And I doubt anybody can match Ted Cruz's Publicly displayed work history..

philip

Ya, ya, he's got degrees from here and rubbed elbows with those guys over there. Cool.

Frankly, most of this name dropping provides nothing but further reason to ill consider the man. The last thing we need is more mealy mouth economic philosophy. Mr Dershowitz is a very scary man who seriously advocates for torture warrants. Woodrow Wilson is the azzhat that sold us all to the Federal Reserve and got a passenger liner sunk just so he could get us involved in WWI. Presumably the schools teachings are patterned after it's namesakes leadership style.

What we need today is a person without foreign encumbrance, having the economic savvy of Hjalmar Schacht, the Constitutional outlook of Thomas Jefferson, and the leadership ability and style of Andrew Jackson. Having the same predisposition towards lawyers as Dick the Butcher would be a plus (a BIG plus) :D. Cruz isn't even close.

What we don't need is another shill for Goldman Sachs. Which is the only thing I really see him as being qualified for, especially with this resume.

Ya, he says things I like to hear. He even does things I like - such as that fuss about shutting the government down a while back. I don't for a minute believe it's anything other then grandstanding. All you'll get from this guy is talk - to include the excuses for why he can't do the things he said he would.

Would a Cruz presidency be preferential to Clinton or Warren? Oh heck yes. Rubio? Yuppers. Preferable to Rand Paul? Toss Up, with an edge to Paul.

If it comes down to it, I'll vote for Caligula's Horse ahead of any of them. Because the horse really would be the better choice.

Ex Gladio Libertas

frau hunter wrote:

The man has One LORD & Savior: Jesus Christ. His early education was in a Christian Academy, and personally, I would not dare to Judge Any mans Spiritual Life, I will though Look at the Fruits of his Walking with the LORD..... He has proclaimed that on Radio, I have no TV, so I can not speak of that source...

philip

BD36

I apologize if that struck a nerve. I was speaking metaphorically, using Christian imagery as that is most likely to be understood by the people here. There was no intent to offend, nor to literally suggest he had sold his soul.

Again, my apologies.

Ex Gladio Libertas

What we need today is a person without foreign encumbrance, having the economic savvy of Hjalmar Schacht, the Constitutional outlook of Thomas Jefferson, and the leadership ability and style of Andrew Jackson. Having the same predisposition towards lawyers as Dick the Butcher would be a plus (a BIG plus) :D. Cruz isn't even close.

All you'll get from this guy is talk - to include the excuses for why he can't do the things he said he would.

Then whom pray tell do you suggest the Republicans put up against Billary ??

philip
Hah!
You are discounting the power of the press.
The MSM is already in the tank for billary.
Just like they were in the tank for their chosen one against billary in '08.
No one in the MSM will even speak the word Benghazi unless it's to slam the 'pubs on the house committee investigating it. The same goes for her e-mails/hard drive, her association(s) with the muslim brotherhood, and the foreign money being gathered by the clinton foundation to fund her candidacy.

In the next year and a half I'll wager you hear the term "sexist" almost as often as we've heard "racist" in the last 6 years.
And when it comes to republican candidates, they'll promote Christie and Bush, because they are more "moderate" and "willing to compromise." IOW, wishy-washy spineless do-nothings.
But since they will be shouting their BS from the rooftops, that may be what we're stuck with come the general election.
Because nothing scares the hell out of them worse than a republican with a conservative streak, a spine, and the means to express himself like Cruz does.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top