Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Technical resources for suppressors?

Discussion in 'NFA Weapon Discussion' started by smurf hunter, Apr 11, 2011.

1. smurf hunter

smurf hunter Auburn, WA Active Member

I've yet to find a comprehensive source that discusses technical aspects of suppressed weapon systems.

In my mind the host weapon + ammo + the suppressor would all contribute to the effectiveness of the system.

I'm a newbie on this topic, but would enjoy reading purposed based threads like:

"What is a quiet .22lr setup for rabbit hunting?"
    "Will a .223 designed suppressor work with .22?"

I'm a tinkerer by nature, load my own ammo, etc. But it's not like I can order 4 different make and model suppressors from amazon.com, test them all out and return those I don't like :)

Thanks

2. BillM

BillM Amity OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

3. huntpotter

huntpotter SW WA Negotiator Bronze Supporter

I totally understood all of that.

I should print that out, and next time some yahoo at the show asks, "so how quiet will a silencer make my gun?", I'll just hand them the print out.

4. smurf hunter

smurf hunter Auburn, WA Active Member

Umm yah... In theory it should work in practice. In practice it may only work in theory.

Silencer Research did have some good stuff. I watch a few of the free videos. They seem to take the "bang for your buck" approach. Don't pay 10x the cost for 10% improvement, etc.