Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

tech .22?

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by finch6013, Feb 2, 2009.

1. finch6013

finch6013 Oregon City Active Member

I thought the tech .22 looked interesting. Any reviews on them or opinions?

2. elsullo

elsullo Portland Oregon New Member

I'm sorry to offend anyone selling one right now, but these are generally just junk. Very, very few of them can fire five rounds in a row without jamming. Their unreliability is legend. The one I had jammed with every magazine I tried and every brand and type of ammunition I tried.

Examining one, it seems like a brilliantly simple design, and well enough made for what it is. However you will notice three things that make the thing unworkable: the feed ramp is miniscule and neither it or the chamber is polished; the extractor is small and narrow; there is NO ejector! That gun relies on luck to eject empty shells, which is why there are constant stovepipe jams. I even radically enlarged the ejection port, to no avail. Without an ejector a gun cannot succeed.

I finally got rid of mine at one of those gun buy-backs. I would not buy one without shooting it a bunch successfully with your desired load. There MIGHT be functional ones out there, somewhere.......................elsullo

3. finch6013

finch6013 Oregon City Active Member

I expected this type of review. I shot one years ago that was total garbage but just wondered if it was a lemon.

4. Luke B

Luke B portland New Member

5. cstmp8r

cstmp8r vancouver Member

I heard they are notorious for jamming as well. I would still like to pick one up just for display being I love the way they look.

6. fromotoc

fromotoc Downtown Portland, OR Member

I had one, it worked fine with CCI Mini Mag ammo and a Tactical Innovations 10/22 mag. The Tac mags had an extrator in them (I think), but they are pretty pricey. They are alot of fun with a GAT trigger. Take down takes about 1 second.