JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So the story starts with myself purchasing a TEC-DC9 from the last gun show at the armory in Medford. Yeah I know they're basically junk, but with all the gangsta rap videos I watched as a kid I figured it'd be good for some laughs and plinking around.

Well, I didn't get to sleep last night. Gunfire always helps me gets some rest :s0129: so I went to test it out this morning with some cheap PMC ammo. Lots o' jams. It would end up with two rounds, one in the chamber and the next one flipped around.

That is, until I tried holding it a little bit differently. What I discovered is that the only time it actually shoots is when it's bump-fired. BTW that is really easy to do on this gun. I did it on accident several times too. Super ghetto.

Next step is... ? Are there any TEC-9 owners on the board that have some tips or tricks on making this gun a little more reliable? Not that they have a great reputation for it, but maybe with some polishing, etc... I could fire less than three rounds at once.

-Steve

And where are the pics of this new aqcusition? I have been wanting a MAC-11 for the gangsta inside of me. The only reason i havn't bought one yet since they are only $400 is because I thought to many people would laught at me and think I am another stupid white boy who played to many video games.

And where are the pics of this new aqcusition? I have been wanting a MAC-11 for the gangsta inside of me. The only reason i havn't bought one yet since they are only $400 is because I thought to many people would laught at me and think I am another stupid white boy who played to many video games.

Come on now, if you go MAC get the .45. I think you can swap out the upper for the 9mm if you want. However a .45 on a 9mm frame doesn't work. And don't worry, you're not the only stupid white boy who likes "keeping it real" :s0114:

BTW there were a bunch of different companies that made MACs with different quality standards so some research is critical.

Here's about the cleanest Military Armaments Corporation M-10 you'll find. in .45...

2391m10d.jpg

From a Texas police armory. Autoweapons.com has it.

No, but I thought about using it at the next PPC competition. If the gun didnt throw them off, my velour suit with matching do-rag and fake gold teeth would.

That is a real pretty Mac for sure. I was lucky enough to stumble accross one that I owned about 12 years ago. My X left and at the time I needed some money...familular story...anyway, I relucantly got rid of an original 1980 open bolt semi auto in 45 acp. It was the 313th one off the line in 1980. It cost me a pretty penny to get it back but to me it is worth it. I had regrets the day I sold it. Of course because of this states stupid laws, I don't have s stock for it. I do have two 10rd mags and a 30 round mag all marked RPB. It also has the front strap. At one time I had the fake tow stage suppressor, the soft balistic nylon carrying bag that took the Kevlar inserts. The bag on GB is $400.00. So I am a happy camper this week.............

Getting a TEC-9 repaired is hard to do, being that there is no company you can go to. You or your gunsmith/machinist would have to make replacement parts for it. It really is a simple gun, though.

However, I just got back from another shooting sesion with it. I adjusted the ejector a bit and polished the feed ramp mirror smooth using 400 grit and 600 grit sandpaper then a Dremel with felt and some jeweler's compound. Now it's a lot more fun. I put about 80 rounds of Winchester 115 gr. FMJ and about 20 rounds of Independence 124 gr. FMJ through it. It finally started to get dirty and jam, but it was reliable for a while. No more 3 round bursts though LOL.

I also polished the corners of the bolt a tiny bit, but I think it's mostly the feed ramp that made the difference.

-Steve

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads