JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I like how they added the last line. Usually the media will add some unrelated matter to the story regarding a shooting from the other side of the country.

California schoolchildren lined up Saturday to trade in their guns -- the toy kind, made out of plastic.

In exchange for the colorful toy firearms, Strobridge Elementary School students received books and a chance to win a new bike, Bay News 9 reports.

Strobridge's principal, Charles Hill, said the Castro Valley school held the exchange because he thinks playing with toy guns increases the chance of children using real ones when they grow up.

A Hayward police officer was also at the event to teach bicycle and gun safety, and the Alameda County Fire Department had a crew discuss fire safety, the Silicon Valley Mercury News reports.

But at least one gun rights advocate questioned the principal's stance on guns.

"Guns are used in crimes, but they are more often used in defensive ways which prevent violent crime from occurring in the first place," said Yih-Chau Chang, a spokesman for the Responsible Citizens of California.

Read more: California school holds toy gun exchange | Fox News

Yeah i had a friend of my wife's that works in dicks sporting goods corp office in Har or something and I posted something on FB about how stupid they were to pull ar15s while still selling all manner of "assault" rifle toy guns.

She deleting me as a friend after that.

��

The parents should all send their kids to school with one of these to turn in...lol.

papergun.jpg

Or maybe one of these...

PopTartGun_Edit-630x404.jpg

California is truly lost, and things like this being promoted in the schools just makes me want to puke.
Hopefully there are some pro-2A parents who have kids attending that school who will speak out against this garbage.

papergun.jpg

PopTartGun_Edit-630x404.jpg

Have they banned the letter "L" yet? Not only can it be manipulated to kinda, sorta look like a pop tart gun, but it was used in names like CharLton Heston and RonaLd Reagan. It may be the most subversive letter in the alphabet to the grabbers.

Have they banned the letter "L" yet? Not only can it be manipulated to kinda, sorta look like a pop tart gun, but it was used in names like CharLton Heston and RonaLd Reagan. It may be the most subversive letter in the alphabet to the grabbers.

But the "F" with the mag already loaded is much more dangerous than the "L". :rolleyes:

But the "F" with the mag already loaded is much more dangerous than the "L". :rolleyes:

That goes without saying. I think Ginny Burdick has already introduced legislation to ban "F" (except for authorities) as a high capacity "L". In addition "F' is considered a Class-3 assault letter - Effin', Friggen', etc., not to mention F Bombs.

"L" will likely be allowed for a while as long as common sense restrictions are put in place. Next schoo_ year the _ibera_s are _ikl_ dec_aring pub_ic schoo_s an "_" free zone.

Come on Cali people!! Stand up and don't take this indoctrinated bull crap!!!! Convincing little boys to hand over their toy guns is not going to fix anything. I grew up with toy and real guns and have never commented a crime with a firearm. This is pure indoctrination bull Cali!!!!!!!

Parents please don't let them do this to your kids. Guns are not bad, the criminals are bad.

"Strobridge's principal, Charles Hill, said the Castro Valley school held the exchange because he thinks playing with toy guns increases the chance of children using real ones when they grow up."

Good!!!!!!!! It is their God given Constitutional right!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope many of the kids grow up to become great hunters, gather much food and bag many prized trophy's to hang on their walls!!!!!

And learn to defend themselves, their families and friends with their firearms if needed.

someone needs to teach the cali politicans how to keep the minority children with parents associated by proxy with gangs living in poverish conditions from playing with plastic guns without offending other kids or other parents sense of ideological values in relation to race, sex, age, beliefs and or stupidity. Then, GOD willing, there might be a glimmer of hope for the rest of us........

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top