JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"School are not safe places anymore … It's the same story as across the nation, we're no different here."

Is just plain wrong. I'm all in support of arming teachers/staff who want to be armed, but it should be done with the knowledge that the chances are slim that it will ever be needed. The media wants people scared, and wants scared people to ban guns. So at least this teacher is doing the opposite :)

The Sheeple are starting to see the truth and realities we all face, and many are starting to see that security starts with them, and the responsability of all those lives sitting in front of them wide eyed and scared is starting to sink in! The truth has been there right In front of them all this time, but no one could see it, no one could ever wrap their heads around the new world we all have to live in, and while I'm extremely pissed that it has cost us so many young lives to learn this hard lesson, we must act to protect our selves first, and we must retain our rights to protect our individual gift of life, and we must be allowed to excersize extreme measures to stop these threats right there at the source!
We need to demand our enforcement employees stand up and take the steps to aggessively yet fairly address the potential threats, and do something about the mental health issues, and the drugs!

All I can say, very sadly, is DUH..

It's not illegal in Washington or Oregon to carry a gun in areas with "No Gun Signs" or "Gun Free Zones", except for those areas prohibited by state law. I noticed my firearm didn't magically dissolve into dust when I walked past those signs, like at Whole Foods and various other "Gun Free" establishments.

Here's hoping more and more teachers will be critical thinkers and realize they're being used as pawns in a Billionaires Game Of Chess...

It's high time that teachers begin to speak out for being able to protect themselves and their classes. Start pushing back against bureaucrats that have had their pockets lined and retirements funded by some out of state billionaire...

Teachers need to fight for and protect their civil and constitutional rights...

The Israelis are pretty good at protecting their own.
I say adopt their school protection system.
Teachers are not armed.
The schools are protected by highly trained guards that are required to train once a month in the scenarios that they would face.

It will not be cheap.
But not protecting our kids is much more costly.

Last Edited:
The Israelis are pretty good at protecting their own.
I say adopt their school protection system.
Teachers are not armed.
The schools are protected by highly trained guards that are required to train once a month in the scenarios that they would face.

It will not be cheap.
What cost security against the lives of students and staff! This shouldn't even be a discussion, it should be a practice! I have seen what a properly secured school looks like, and it's about as good as it gets with out arming any staff or security, and their are City Police on the grounds to take care of major issues! That school has drilled the students and staff in a proactive manor, and there will be no shooting inside that school! The system works so well that students don't even notice any inconveniences at all, and the system is designed to minimize interference with daily activities! It can be done, and it can be done at a reasonable expense and dosnt require arming staff members or onsite security with any thing meaner then a Razer! Go figure, how is it something like this was done in one of the largest schools in an ultra liberal left leaning city? Could it be that some how some people figured out a system where the Ultra left liberals actually want to do something to protect the kids proactively? The fact this was done right in the heart of that city is proof that the right things can be done when we put aside blame of a tool and focused on the need right in front of us!

Fyi, Portland Public Schools has a yearly budget to upgrade security for all it's schools, and most have ether begun, or are completing these "Upgrades" as we speak!
The other Portland Schools have also started down this path, some are proactively particapating, while others are stonewalling! Ether way, this is a good thing!

Fyi, Portland Public Schools has a yearly budget to upgrade security for all it's schools, and most have ether begun, or are completing these "Upgrades" as we speak!
The other Portland Schools have also started down this path, some are proactively particapating, while others are stonewalling! Ether way, this is a good thing!
Why doesn't that give me a warm, fuzzy feeling? Portland's record when it comes to managing public money, to put it mildly, really sucks. I seem to remember something about them taking a $53 million loss on a jail that was never used. And wasn't there $200 million or so put into a water system some years back that had to be replaced? Portland is badly in need of a taxpayer revolt.

Not sure why schools should pay to arm teachers. All people should arm themselves, though not all people should carry arms, i.e. are you going to use that thing to defend yourself, or be a supply source to your enemy?
What I would agree with and support doing is paying for TRAINING teachers who are armed: skill development, situational awareness, drills, etc.

Way to go to the article author who wouldn't identify her, but stated "former correctional officer". How many teachers, working in rural communities were once former correctional officers? brrbbrrbbrrbbrrb.

Errrrr, what? o_Oo_Oo_O
LOL, made me go back and look, because I thought his post was in support of what she was doing. Reading his last sentence, seems to me he was.
The media wants people scared, and wants scared people to ban guns. So at least this teacher is doing the opposite :)

LOL, made me go back and look, because I thought his post was in support of what she was doing. Reading his last sentence, seems to me he was.

Correct, I support arming teachers. What I meant by that comment was that the belief that we are less safe is purely a media generated reality distortion field :)

Not sure why schools should pay to arm teachers. All people should arm themselves, though not all people should carry arms, i.e. are you going to use that thing to defend yourself, or be a supply source to your enemy?
What I would agree with and support doing is paying for TRAINING teachers who are armed: skill development, situational awareness, drills, etc.

Way to go to the article author who wouldn't identify her, but stated "former correctional officer". How many teachers, working in rural communities were once former correctional officers? brrbbrrbbrrbbrrb.

I'm in favor of teachers getting free (as in paid by my taxes) training and range time if they volunteer to carry. I'm also in favor of discounts for gun and ammo purchases and even financing.

Good comments and thoughts above, but here is the biggest problem. Schools don't want to be helped. They don't want to work to solve any violence issues, they just want it to disappear. Seriously. Speaking from experience at many schools, in different districts at various grade levels, they (generalization that I have found to be true in nearly every school and administration) hate the idea of having anything resembling law enforcement on campus.

Yes, there are many more School Resource Officers now compared to 15+ years ago, and I am a huge fan of them (when they are competent) but this was a hard sell at many of the districts. I've seen on several occasions where departments wanted to do officer friendly (meet an officer) with K-3 grades and hand out coloring books but the school did not want any uniformed officers on campus, might scare the little scholars. There are always many exceptions at each school who support and encourage security and enforcement but they are outnumbered by both wimpy administrators and parents.

Look at Florida; numerous reports are indicating the district had a coddling, don't take law enforcement action against our kids mentality, apparently even including issues with the shooter. There are just so many unicorn and rainbow types on campus now that the thought of, gasp, armed security and countermeasures is just out of their realm of reason. Only rarely do you get a strong minded, sensible administrator willing to fight the good fight. But so often they are run out or just can't handle the constant battles against others who click their heels together and think marches and safe spaces will all make it better.

Which is part of the reason why we now homeschool.

What I meant by that comment was that the belief that we are less safe is purely a media generated reality distortion field

Ah... Star Trek.

There are just so many unicorn and rainbow types on campus now that the thought of, gasp, armed security and countermeasures is just out of their realm of reason. Only rarely do you get a strong minded, sensible administrator willing to fight the good fight. But so often they are run out or just can't handle the constant battles against others who click their heels together and think marches and safe spaces will all make it better.

Speaking of reality distortion: It's a better fit for them, school, to get rid of all guns. Ha ha... as if!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top