JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It seems that 2-3 weeks ago everyone bought up all the webcams as they were buying TP. Well, I'm a teacher and I'd like to buy a webcam because the state of Oregon is about to shift to online distance learning and I need to teach from home.

Anybody have a nice one that I could buy? I'm thinking USB 2.0, autofocus, one that could be setup on a table or something.

I'm not looking for a $30 piece of Chinese crap, which is why I'm not just jumping onto eBay.

Thanks!

Do you have a laptop, and does it have a cam, or an ipad, or other device?
There are plenty of options, but the best in expensive one I have found is a USB powered, Blue tooth linked Back Up Cam! Don't laugh, the Audio/Video quality is quite good, and you can keep the thing super small even making a sort of "Selfy Stick" for it!
The other options, a good call phone in selfy mode, or video chat, or with apple, you have face time!
Lastly, one of the "Action Cams" like GoPro, while not cheap, they are pretty damn nice, do awesome video/audio, and can blue tooth to most any device!

I think I have a camera lying around somewhere that can act as a webcam.

What software or system would you be using? Something run by the school?

Got this. You might need to download some software to use it as a webcam.

If you can't get a real webcam let me know. This thing is never used and if it can help, it's yours.

image.jpg

I might have one of these, let me check

Logitech C920 PRO HD Webcam, 1080p Video with Stereo Audio

I do have it. PM me and we can figure it out if you are interested

I say this too.

I have one and it works great for what i've used it for. You could probably snatch one up off amazon quickly.

Edit: on checkin amazon, nvm they are all over priced currently. If there is a bestbuy near you you can order in advance and have curbside service if you want. https://corporate.bestbuy.com/a-not...tbuy.com/a-note-from-best-buy-about-covid-19/

Edit2: jesus even BB says sold out.

Sorry, I can't help you there.

But your request got me thinking (dangerous). Hummm.....

One teacher teaching via web cam. I wonder how long will it be before the taxpayers demand that teaching be done by web cam in order to save money. Rrrright....why hire so many teachers?

Or......will it finally be admitted (by some) that the schools also served to "babysit" their kids?

Aloha, Mark

We are using MacBook Air from 4 or 5 years ago. It had a really good onboard FaceTime camera. But I'm thinking I will be employing a second MacBook Pro out if my own collection and its camera is out of focus.

Sound will be from a different source.

GoPro is a great option! Are they easy to hook up for live video feeds?

This can't possibly be considered effective teaching, but everyone is doing the best we can. I don't see this changing the paradigm of kids in a room with a professional educator. We just have to do something right now...

We are using MacBook Air from 4 or 5 years ago. It had a really good onboard FaceTime camera. But I'm thinking I will be employing a second MacBook Pro out if my own collection and its camera is out of focus.

Sound will be from a different source.

GoPro is a great option! Are they easy to hook up for live video feeds?

GoPro is easy to use and you can buy the older models for cheap - you probably don't need a 4K camera for a webcam

Hero7 is only thing avail right now, but I don't need 4K at all. I assume you can change the settings to use lower video output, though. Do they all have those holes in the bottom that cameras do so I could thread it onto a standard tripod?

Sorry, I can't help you there.

But your request got me thinking (dangerous). Hummm.....

One teacher teaching via web cam. I wonder how long will it be before the taxpayers demand that teaching be done by web cam in order to save money. Rrrright....why hire so many teachers?

Or......will it finally be admitted (by some) that the schools also served to "babysit" their kids?

Aloha, Mark
Won't happen
Because most need sitters if they don't go to school. But I do see how schooling shooting up with those that can stay home and do so.

@mkoz2222 has exactly what I need. If I can't find something locally before Sunday evening, he's willing to ship it to me.

Anybody have something like the Logitech C920 a little closer to keep so I could drive today or tomorrow to pick it up?

A GoPro would be okay, too, but not quite as plug and play as a webcam...

When Kate closed the Oregon schools, she didn't close the Online Charter School (13k students enrolled )
But, the Department of Education did. Why, to ensure funding for local physical schools.

There would be some % of parents who say, if it is available, you will take it. BUT (PC)
- is that fair to those who only have Obama phones for their internet hot spot?
- is that fair to those groups who don't value high tech?
- is that fair ...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top