JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions

This right here is absolutely ridiculous. That teacher is a complete moron, and obviously has no experience around any firearm whatsoever. How do you deem a unsafe firearm when you know nothing about them, other than they are "super scary" and go "bang-bang"? I think every man, woman, and child should go through a firearm safety course atleast once in their lives. Maybe then there wouldn't be so many clueless morons running this country trying to take them away?

I was going to read the article, and got to the 2nd word and know everything I needed to know about the teacher.

1597969757349.png

I was going to read the article, and got to the 2nd word and know everything I needed to know about the teacher.

View attachment 738329

No, you really should read the article - so many troubling issues:

Stretching school site policy to extend into the home - "The principal and the teacher cited a rule stating that students may not bring guns to school and claimed it extended to virtual classes as well"

Lack of school policy for teacher or other students violating personal property or rights.

Calling police on student after calls to verify exact whereabouts of student.

Parent letting police into the home without a warrant.

Etc. Etc.

Personally, I would suggest that in-home backgrounds should be blank (who knows who is casing your home or stalking your child) or participation should be sound only. Certainly, there needs to be written school district policy provided in advance to all concerned parties.

Extends to the virtual classroom? WTH

How about no, warrant or go f' yourself is definitely what they should have said.

And then find a new school

The parents are at fault here too, leaving questionable objects out and in view of anyone with access to the child's cam!

Regardless, the school went way over the line, and this is an invasion of privacy, and a clear case of over stepping their authority! The excuse of extending the students safety to the home is also complete bullsh!t!

I can see this happening here in Oregon just as easily.

I'm amazed everyday of how people can be that stupid, function normally completing simple daily tasks, and not walk off a bridge into traffic. If this was my son, I'd be pulling him out of that school, and he would be home-schooled.

The parents are at fault here too, leaving questionable objects out and in view of anyone with access to the child's cam!
Disagree. If my son had his own 22, BB gun or 30-30 to hang on the wall, I'd have him proudly display it, because he can. Based on the trouble my son *has* gotten into by bringing a copy of Shooter's Bible and reading Mein Kampf in school, I think he'd gladly display his rifles in the background.
edit to add: he would do it to underline the point, It's not the firearm that kills, it's the nut wielding it.

How about no, warrant or go f' yourself is definitely what they should have said.
I think something a little more pleasant such as, 'Thank you officers however we will not be allowing you into our house without a warrant and/or a description of any preferred charges' would go over a little better, and after they leave I would be on the phone with my attorney and discussing a potential lawsuit for invasion of privacy, possibly trespass, and anything at all that could pertain to violating the rights of a minor and possibly exploitation.

The next call would be to the HIGHEST LEVEL SCHOOL AUTHORITY of the state and request he/she talk to me and I would explain exactly what I was doing - AND if they want to somehow intervene and offer something for me to consider as an alternative to a lawsuit I would be all ears - but until then I stay on the status quo.

I have had a couple situations in my life where I felt then need to do just this - one resulted in a call to the Governor of Oregon which was ultimately referred to the Attorney General.

Last Edited:
Didn't we already go over this one a couple of months ago when it happened? This is eerily familiar...

My first thought is letting someone in my home who might have the virus (Isn't that the whole idea behind virtual schooling) and promptly say no to the policeman on those grounds.

Didn't we already go over this one a couple of months ago when it happened? This is eerily familiar...

It may be a repost, if it is my apologies. I wasn't here a few months ago. I just read it for the first time today, and thought I'd share the stupidity lol.

I think something a little more pleasant such as, 'Thank you officers however we will not be allowing you into our house without a warrant and/or a description of any preferred charges' would go over a little better, and after they leave I would be on the phone with my attorney and discussing a potential lawsuit for invasion of privacy, possibly trespass, and anything at all that could pertain to violating the rights of a minor and possibly exploitation.

You are correct, when the guys who want to invade your house and steal your personal property come you should "politely" ask them if they have a warrant and then explain to them if they don't they can "politely" go f' themselves.

All joking aside I too have run into a similar situation in my life and I think my compliance helped a lot down the road.

So just to play the devil's advocate here...

New world we are living in, new rules.

I don't disagree with anything posted here and and of the same mind.

BUT

If you are going to be on live stream internet meetings with a camera on you:

1. Be aware of your background and what it shows.

2. Poor your booze into a coffee mug don't drink out of the bottle.

3. If your going to go commando down under don't stand up to leave the room before you shut your camera off.

4. Mute your mic and maybe turn your camera off if your going to start screaming at your pets, kids or spouse.

There's a lot more but the rules of common day things have changed. A lot of teachers, social workers, government employees etc are mandatory reporters and can loose their job if they see something like a gun in the background and don't say something.

I'm not saying that's right, I'm just saying that's how it is....:oops:

Stretching school site policy to extend into the home - "The principal and the teacher cited a rule stating that students may not bring guns to school and claimed it extended to virtual classes as well"
Awesome. I'm using that same doctrine to extend my home policies into the classrooms.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads