JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them..." -Richard Henry Lee writing in Letters from the Federal Farmer to the Republic (1787-1788).

I enrolled my daughter in a martial arts class at the age of 10. She is now 21 and holds a 4th degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do and a 1st degree in Karate.
It was well worth the money we spent. Her grades went up to all A's (the Master at the studio promised it would, and he was right,) we had none of the problems most parents have with teenagers.
She is well versed with firearm safety, but has no inclination towards going out with me shooting.
Martial arts aren't for every kid, but it sure is worth the effort to try.

Definitely. Martial arts turned out not to be for me, but the short experience I had is something that I would never give up. Both the discipline, and the physical motions have really helped guide me through life on a really subconscious scale.

hand to hand combat is great to learn but most of it has been dumed down to a sport. originaly martial arts was made to protect agains leathal force and to deliver leathal force, the best. If you were in a gun fight with several people do you want a single shot rifle or a fully auto 30 round mag. the same should be thought about when chooseing a self defense. if it is chosen for just sport disepline then some of the martial arts like mentioned would be great and may help stop a bully. When I moved from Eugene Oregon to Stockton CA as a kid Dad told me I had to stand my ground and dont let the gangs push you around. Dad grew up in Stockton. Down the street from my house was a old Fillapino Man teaching his family fighting style to a hand full of boys, he invited me in and blew my mind. It is the most devistating weapons and hand to hand there is. By devistating i meen the fastest way to kill with hands or blades there is. the style defense/offence fighting is called Eskrima, there are many styles . I learned DE Cuerdas, Largo Mano, Serrada, Arnis,not to mention the hands fighting side of things wich is a biger secret than the blades. google and you tube some of the masters i have been around, Gilbert Tenio, John Iliab, Arther Gonzalez, Leo Herone, Dentoy Revelar, Angel Cabales, Wally Jay, Toro Tanaka . the fighting is unreal, and the cameras have not been speeded up, its realy how fast we moved. I highly recomend the filipino style, and is great when combined with JU JITSU, boxing.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top