JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Moving the rimfire shooters over to the Black Powder Range sounds good. An Action Rifle range in its place sounds even better.

It feels uncomfortable shooting while standing at the 50/100 current range because everyone seems to be precision bench shooters there.

The fact that current Action Range certification won't be good enough for the Action Rifle range is disappointing. Must shoot/participate in three Rifle competitions :s0054:

Thank God. I cannot count the times I've driven out there with my .22 gear only have an officer tell me to come back another time.

I was also curious as to whether or not the current Action Range cert. would qualify. Sounds like there will be another class. I'm glad to see this change at TCGC towards "Black Rifles", it bodes well for the future. Let's hope you don't have to sign up a week in advance to use it.

I don't know how it will work because the Rimfire range is now one big rifle action pit, not 'subdivided.' I don't think it is a class that you need to take, but enter competitions. Something about exemptions/sign-offs also, but I think you'd have to 'know someone'.

Wasn't the Practical Rifle "Qualification" primarily to go over the commands, how it works, and then there was a shooting qualification - mini example of what they could expect. Seems Like 1-2 hours.

They did focus more on muzzle control and walking through the process

What the rifle action bay does is give shooters a place they can shoot on the move. Not the static bench shoot that all the hunters do. The rules are posted on the new range and ONLY Randy S. can cert people on the range. The lack of lanes is so you can have barriers and shooting stations and move from one to another.

Another thing to remember is that pistol shooting is not allowed in the rifle action range.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top