JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wondering if any of you have taken part in the multi gun match at Tri-County. Does it last from 9-4? Friendly for first timers? Round counts accurate on the TCGC website? Any other feedback is appreciated. Thanks. Rod

Wondering if any of you have taken part in the multi gun match at Tri-County. Does it last from 9-4? Friendly for first timers? Round counts accurate on the TCGC website? Any other feedback is appreciated. Thanks. Rod

I've done it a bunch in the past, but my recent availability hasn't allowed me to do it since last spring/summer. The match has never lasted until 4pm when I've been there - roughly 1pm-2pm. I expect the bays are reserved until 4pm (allowing a margin), exclusively for the match, so that members don't try to move in and kick out match participants prior to the conclusion of the match.

The more prepared/skilled/knowledgeable/competent - and safe - and friendly the new participant is, the friendlier the match will be to him/her. If you aren't experienced/competent with USPSA, then you probably shouldn't jump into this match yet - you'd be doing yourself and the match / other participants a dis-service. Don't be that guy.

What's the round count listed on the TCGC site? It's better to bring a little more ammo to a match (and bring the excess home) than it is to bring absolutely as little as you think you'll shoot. Sometimes the unexpected occurs - there's a re-shoot, or a person misses a lot (and fires a bunch of make-up shots - typically at steel). For me, 125 HG, 80 shot, 10 slugs, and 125 rifle, covered my needs and allowed me to bring ammo home.

They have (and I'm pretty confident that it's current) a policy allowing "rifle" to be satisfied by rifle caliber (the match has special permission to use rifle calibers on these ranges) *OR* pistol caliber, *OR* rimfire caliber. Yes, you can use a PCC (pistol caliber carbine) or RFC (rimfire carbine) instead of a typical rifle caliber rifle/carbine. This allows more people to play (some may have a PCC or RFC, but no rifle) or play more economically (rimfire and pistol calibers are less expensive than rifle calibers).

I shot that match in the summer, as a first-time 3-gunner. I would not say that it is particularly great for a first-timer. I have a lot of experience shooting USPSA so I felt comfortable with the whole process of stage-planning, resetting a stage until on-deck, getting ready, shooting the stage, reloading my mags and such. So I felt okay about it. But, I was NOT impressed by the camaraderie...there wasn't any.

Now, I really think that some of the cold shoulder was that 3-gun requires a huge amount a gear shuffle and folks were too busy to make me feel comfortable, but I was not made to feel very welcome. Just my take. Nobody was unkind and I might have been too busy to connect with other shooters, but I'm not itching to make it back.

Unfortunately, it is the only Saturday 3-Gun in the area.

Show up and shoot, have a blast , who gives two foucks about what they think. Everyone is a first timer atleast once, if not there would never be a event to shoot at. Go have fun and learn something new.

+1 for not caring what people think. I was shooting open with a pump action SG and nobody gave me guff.

I could imagine new shooters being worried that they would be teased for their gear. But I've never been to ANY gun competition where folks were teased, at least not beginners. My buddies tease each other mercilessly, but that's half the fun once you've shot several matches and know the ropes.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top