JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My experience competing there has been fantastic. Mail the discipline chair and ask. I bet if you take what you have and lots of ammo they'll make sure you have a good time and learn what to bring or buy.

Yep, already emailed. I think I might go watch a match once and check out some hear competitors use. I probably have almost everything, I just won't be super competitive with a pump.

I actually took my pump (590a1 8+1) and had a gunsmith bevel the loading port and machine the barrel for chokes.

I would be shooting in Open (with my Glock with a red dot sight), but I thought that using my actual HD shotgun would be a plus.

I don't think it will be ready yet by next Saturday. So I'll only have a pistol and rifle.

Anybody here going to that match?

Another question about rules at TCGC. I heard yesterday that all muzzles need to stay below the level of the berm, or it's a DQ. Is this correct? Would new shooters need to retrain their reloads so muzzles don't stray upward?

Another question about rules at TCGC. I heard yesterday that all muzzles need to stay below the level of the berm, or it's a DQ. Is this correct? Would new shooters need to retrain their reloads so muzzles don't stray upward?

This is correct. They are afraid of rounds getting out of the range and hitting houses (or worse yet, people) in the area. If you put the muzzle above the berm you WILL be DQ'd. I've seen it happen more than once. You have to make a conscious effort to do keep the muzzle down as well as follow the other safety rules. Because I shoot there a lot, it is natural now for me to change a mag with the muzzle tilted down slightly, no matter where I shoot.

Also, ask a RO to show you where the top of the berm is. It is not the top of the ground behind the target, but the top of where the gravel stops. It's easy to get confused so have someone point it out to you just to be safe.

I'm not sure when they started it. I have been a member for a year and it's been that way since a I joined. I know they revamped their safety rules within in the last couple of years.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top