JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was there a few days ago and at the time they were trying to figure out a fair way to dole out the remaining spots.

granted, Tri-County has been threatening to cap their membership every month for the past few years, so who knows.

Edit: This is posted on their main page now:

ATTENTION PROSPECTIVE NEW MEMBERS

We are very close to our maximum membership. There will be 75 memberships given out on February 16th. Approximately 70 will remain for March 16th. Due to events beyond our control there has been a surge of interest, and we expect large numbers of applicants. The first 75 applications for Regular or Additional Household memberships will be accepted. There is no wait list and the only option is to be there before 9am. We anticipate that there will be no new memberships available for the remainder of the year. We will soon develop a wait list and instructions will appear on this site.

they must have reached their 5,000 member membership limit
in July they were at 5100

but every year some people do not renew so there will be openings see if they have a sign up list. many clubs have list as they reach their limits.

Last Edited:
they must have reached their 5,500 member membership limit
in July they were at 5,100

but every year some people do not renew so there will be openings see if they have a sign up list. many clubs have list as they reach their limits.

Fixed your numbers. Your assumption matches what I am told by my brother-in-law who is a member.

Im a member and every time I go i dont see very many other members there. Its actually not used that much. Alot of members dont give up their memberships because they dont want to have to pay that 1 time joining fee again. Maybe eliminating the joining fee might encourage the non using members to give it up. I might be willing to sublet my membership for double or triple.

Pffpppttt... There's one more opening available this year at TCGC as I chose not to renew my membership after dealing with that a$$clown long-haired hippie RSO for chewing me out for merely replacing a shoutout target backer on the new close range lanes built inside those shipping containers. (If it's a no-no consider POSTING SIGNS ON THE WALL STATING AS SUCH!!)

After that, I saw no point in continuing to pay good money to get treated like I'm some meth-head who walked in off the street.

I wonder if Tri-County shouldn't consider opening up a new, 2nd range, further out. Especially as Sherwood is growing towards it and the Sherwood city council is becoming more liberal. They would most likely have the membership to support it. Buy some land and just start with a single small range say. Have a limited membership open for all that would give folks unlimited access to the new range and perhaps 10 passes to the old range. Or giving them unlimited hours and time at the new one and off hours unlimited access to the old TCGC. Something along those lines.

I wonder if Tri-County shouldn't consider opening up a new, 2nd range, further out. Especially as Sherwood is growing towards it and the Sherwood city council is becoming more liberal. They would most likely have the membership to support it. Buy some land and just start with a single small range say. Have a limited membership open for all that would give folks unlimited access to the new range and perhaps 10 passes to the old range. Or giving them unlimited hours and time at the new one and off hours unlimited access to the old TCGC. Something along those lines.

They'd have to find a property with the right zoning. There hasn't been a new range opened in Oregon in decades, and the most common rural zoning (EFU - Exclusive Farm Use) prohibits placement of shooting ranges.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top