JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1x48 twist is a so called "comprise twist" that works well with both round ball and lead conicals.
I say so called....'cause I have seen and I own antique round ball rifles with a 1x48 twist...rifles that were made well before lead conicals were in popular use.

Either caliber will work well with conicals and that twist.
Andy

1x48 twist is a so called "comprise twist" that works well with both round ball and lead conicals.
I say so called....'cause I have seen and I own antique round ball rifles with a 1x48 twist...rifles that were made well before lead conicals were in popular use.

Andy
I found some you tube videos on stock TC Renegade stock 1 in 48 barrels and he was getting some impressive groups

Andy
I was thinking about getting one in 50 or 54cal and shoot big lead conicals have any of you guys done this and what worked best for you thanks

As I said...either .50 or .54 will work well with round ball or conical with the 1x48 twist.
I have seen some and done some impressive shooting with the T/C Renegade and so called Hawken rifle.....
While not historical at all in looks or lock construction...the T/C Renegade and so called Hawken rifle do shoot very nicely....
And make for excellent hunting rifles.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top