JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
  2. For Trade
Price
$300
Manufacturer
Smith & Wesson
Caliber
308 Winchester
City
Portland
State
Oregon
Zip Code
Hey folks!

Up for sale is my TC Compass II in 308 Win.

I purchased this rifle new in Feb of 2021 and used it last season. This rifle put a spike elk in my freezer and I really enjoy it; however, I am moving on to a fancier rifle in a fancier chassis system and this little friend needs to find a new home - preferably somebody looking for their first hunting rifle in a readily available and affordable to shoot short action.

This rifle has approximately 200 rounds through the barrel, is a 1 MOA gun IF you do your part (it likes the ~160 grainers in lead a lot, I've found... Federal Fusion 165s are by FAR its favorite... if you need to go lead-free, it prefers the ~150s)

Mounted on the Compass is a Leupold VX-Freedom 3-9x40 CDS. I am willing to sell the rifle and scope as a package deal OR just the rifle, but note - I WILL NOT sell ONLY the scope, so please do not ask.

Before I discovered that the rifle loves Federal Fusion 165s the MOST, I zeroed it for Barnes 168 gr TTSX copper bullets and ordered a Custom Dial from Leupold based off that data. So, I have a dial for that load if you end up getting both rifle and scope (not currently installed). You can always chronograph your own loads and order a new CDS from Leupold, tho.

PRICING! (negotiable within reason, but please don't jerk me around, folks... I'm starting fair and y'all know it)

TC Compass II, by itself - $300 $280
Rifle and Scope, as a package - $550 $500

EDIT - If you're curious about Manufacturer in the listing, Thompson Center wasn't an option that I could see... plus S&W owns em, anyway. So, there ya go!

IMG_20220929_115624.jpg IMG_20220929_115644.jpg IMG_20220929_115745.jpg IMG_20220929_115832.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
Sale fell through - so, I've dropped the prices in case somebody needs a rifle for the season RIGHT NOW.

This is absolute bottom dollar, btw.

$280 for rifle, by itself. $500 for the package deal

Thanks folk!

Edited to add - This setup IS sighted in for Hornady Precision Hunter with the 178 gr ELD-X bullets. FYI

I've got a follow up idea for anybody that is interested in the rifle but maybe can't swing the $500 for the combo deal.

I have a brand new, never used Bushnell Trophy XLT 3-9x40 sitting in the box (This is a fine scope, but it's not in the same league as the Leupold VX-Freedom CDS... and it retails for $130 instead of $300). I can mount and boresight that scope on the Compass and offer the whole package for $400.

So, to recap:

$400 for the TC Compass II with a mounted (I have a torque wrench and leveler, but I'm not saying I'm as good at this as a gunsmith) Bushnell Trophy XLT, laser boresighted and ready to zero.

Would anybody be interested in that deal?

Edited to add - I'm also open to trade offers in 243 Win or maybe 6mm CM. Threaded barrel required, adjustable length of pull preferred (I'd like my kids to be able to grow with the rifle). I can value match a $400 or $500 option with what I have on hand, but I'm also willing to toss in a little bit of cash on top of the $500 Leupold combo for the RIGHT trade.

Last Edited:
Good budget rifle at an excellent offering. This would make for a superb beginner and/or experienced hunter package. I'd be all over it but I already have a 308 rifle. GLWTS! If your on the fence, check out these reviews indicating it's one of the better offerings in the budget rifle category:

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.