JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Oregon Governor Will Decide the Fate of CHL Confidentiality Bill

Posted on April 6, 2012

Please Contact Governor Kitzhaber Today

As previously reported, House Bill 4045, a Concealed Handgun License (CHL) confidentially bill, passed in both chambers of the Oregon Legislature and currently awaits Governor Kitzhaber’s approval. The last day for the Governor to sign this legislation into law is Monday, April 16.

Sponsored by state Representative Kim Thatcher (R-25), HB 4045 is a necessary legislative fix because under current law, the private personal information of every person holding a CHL in Oregon is at risk of being divulged to the public.

Please contact Governor John Kitzhaber TODAY and respectfully request that he sign House Bill 4045 into law. You can contact Governor Kitzhaber by calling (503) 378-4582 and by e-mailing him through the online form found here.

If he doesn't sign it doesn't it become law anyway after a time period?

In Oregon:
During session, governor must sign or veto legislation within 5 days of transmittal (except Saturdays and Sundays), or it becomes law without signature. For legislation transmitted to the governor within the last 5 days of the session, governor must act within 30 days of adjournment (except Saturdays and Sundays), or legislation becomes law without signature.

Obamahauber rules his kingdom as he sees fit. Just like big O in D.C. he thumbs his nose at the constitution and the will of the people. The clown does not give a ratzass about gun rights.

If he doesn't sign it doesn't it become law anyway after a time period?

In Oregon:
During session, governor must sign or veto legislation within 5 days of transmittal (except Saturdays and Sundays), or it becomes law without signature. For legislation transmitted to the governor within the last 5 days of the session, governor must act within 30 days of adjournment (except Saturdays and Sundays), or legislation becomes law without signature.

Correct. I'm thinking he might just let it become law. The measure originally passed with a high enough majority in both legislative chambers to override a veto.

I have no cyrstal ball nor an I an expert on anything. BUT it would seam to me as someone who has watched this that since Doctor John is not a fan of firearms.

He knows this will end up law one way or the other that if he does nothing he can say to his money handlers that "Hey I never signed it, it was out of my control"

And be rid of the baggage that signing or vetoing it would deliver.

As I recall from the Governor's first 2 terms, he was know as "DR. NO" for all of the vetos of right leaning legislation. I would venture a guess that a veto is in the near future.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top