JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just found a good deal on a glock from out of state. My ffl let me know about a new tax here in washington that ill have to pay 9.5% on the sale price and shipping as well. After his fees, the new tax, and shipping, its not that great of a deal anymore. :( What are everyone's experiences with the new tax? Are more people buying ftf because of it or are you asking your sellers to work with you on the price a little? Or are most of you just biting the bullet...

Not a new tax. Been that way for years. Some dealers charge it, some don't. All are supposed to according to the dept of revenue. Mine doesnt. I'm fine with that. He doesnt even charge me a transfer fee most times.

I would but theres some dealers on this site that really get bent out of shape when I bring that up. Its a long term relationship thing but I know of a few other dealer who don't charge the tax either. Even one in the county of the King.

ah, its not such a big deal since the seller said hes willing to split it with me. a+ seller if you ask me. but i think i know who your talking about, i did some calling around. i have heard some bad stories of sellers saying they wont charge it then charge it when you come in to pick it up though...

I am pretty sure that if you have payed for it and are not paying for it at the ffl then they can only charge tax for the transfer cost. Also there would have to be no physical business of the seller in your state, if so then tax is good to go.. This is just my understanding it is kinda walking a fine line kinda thing.

en transferring a gun around the beginning of the year, I found the same thing. Turns out some dealers were aware of the requirements, and were charging the tax, but some weren't. I had it transferred through one that was not, the gov't has since been cracking down on it, and most are now charging the sales tax.

my advice... open the phone book and find one that does not!

I am pretty sure that if you have payed for it and are not paying for it at the ffl then they can only charge tax for the transfer cost. Also there would have to be no physical business of the seller in your state, if so then tax is good to go.. This is just my understanding it is kinda walking a fine line kinda thing.

Nope. They are supposed to charge the tax on the sales price you paid for it even if it came from out of state or the fair market value by blue book whichever is higher.

en transferring a gun around the beginning of the year, I found the same thing. Turns out some dealers were aware of the requirements, and were charging the tax, but some weren't. I had it transferred through one that was not, the gov't has since been cracking down on it, and most are now charging the sales tax.

my advice... open the phone book and find one that does not!

By most you are referring to most stocking dealers in 2 or 3 counties throughout the state that the revenuers bother visiting. Clark, King and Pierce counties on the west side get most of the attention. Many kitchen table dealers never see the tax man other than to send in payments and don't charge the tax. Best list to run down is the gunbroker local dealer list . Stay away from gun shops unless you want to buy something in stock. Find a kitchen table guy and become his long lost brother.

Anyone got a list of other ffl's other than gunbrokers list? There was one i was going to use thats really close and doesnt charge the tax but every time i call and have gone in regarding this has been a real pita, and theyve been very rude. If i cant find one i may just end up going to my regular and coughing up the extra $25 more that i would pay, theyre also a much further drive.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top