JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is a rant, I am beside myself. Been waiting 3 months now for my suppressor. Finally got all the paperwork in and the first thing that happened was Capitol One declined my $200 charge to the mother bubblegumin ATF!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: Who declines a federal agency?????

I am beside myself! On the phone with capitol one and they will do nothing!!!. They say tell them to run it again. IF you do a tax stamp send them a check or money order! This is well over the 10th time I have had credit card companies decline charges when it comes to the firearm industry. Half my transactions get declined at Surplus ammo for no reason, even with my debit card. And they do not decline anything else, Midway USA, Brownells, AIM sports, Palmetto, all have had charges declined by my credit card companies and banks.

And they want a cashless society! :eek::mad:

This is a rant, I am beside myself. Been waiting 3 months now for my suppressor. Finally got all the paperwork in and the first thing that happened was Capitol One declined my $200 charge to the mother bubblegumin ATF!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: Who declines a federal agency?????

I am beside myself! On the phone with capitol one and they will do nothing!!!. They say tell them to run it again. IF you do a tax stamp send them a check or money order! This is well over the 10th time I have had credit card companies decline charges when it comes to the firearm industry. Half my transactions get declined at Surplus ammo for no reason, even with my debit card. And they do not decline anything else, Midway USA, Brownells, AIM sports, Palmetto, all have had charges declined by my credit card companies and banks.

And they want a cashless society! :eek::mad:
Try PayPal

IF you do a tax stamp send them a check or money order!
This is the way I've always done it (personal check). Avoid the virtue-signalling banking industry's credit card BS.

Last Edited:
Finally got all the paperwork in and the first thing that happened was Capitol One declined my $200 charge to the mother bubblegumin ATF!!
Midway USA, Brownells, AIM sports, Palmetto, all have had charges declined by my credit card companies and banks.
Virtue signal.JPG

Can you share how you ended up attempting to pay for your tax stamp via credit card on a Form 4? That's new to me - the only time I've used my card to pay for a stamp is on my Form 1's via ATFOnline and never had problems through their portal, nor with my bank (BoA.)

I tried to buy a rifle stock online from a business that it's probably against the rules to mention. I was using Cap One also. The charge was declined. I could not figure out why. I used another card and the charge was approved. I later learned that a lot of cap One people ordered from this business, and never received product. So Cap One no longer lets charges be made to that business.
Banks have agendas.

Can you share how you ended up attempting to pay for your tax stamp via credit card on a Form 4? That's new to me - the only time I've used my card to pay for a stamp is on my Form 1's via ATFOnline and never had problems through their portal, nor with my bank (BoA.)

The FFL where I bought it from has the form. I was unaware of it myself until it was given to me as an option. I did this to know when they did the charge so it would tell me they are working on it.

I tried to buy a rifle stock online from a business that it's probably against the rules to mention. I was using Cap One also. The charge was declined. I could not figure out why. I used another card and the charge was approved. I later learned that a lot of cap One people ordered from this business, and never received product. So Cap One no longer lets charges be made to that business.
Banks have agendas.
That makes sense also if they are not sending the customers their products, this the federal government, not the ATF of Zimbabwe! It even says the location is Washington D.C.

I used the card for two reasons, to know when they would be working on the stamp and also know they recieved everything. That being said I have two cards from Capitol one, one is a Cabelas card.

This was posted in another group. This really pisses me off on the control. The people with tin foil hats are making more and more sense! No way I want a cashless society!

Prohibited by Capital One terms of service.
Use a different card.

Capital One

The following types of payments are prohibited through the Service, and we have the right but not the obligation to monitor for, block, cancel and/or reverse such payments:

d. Payments related to: (1) tobacco products, (2) prescription drugs and devices; (3) narcotics, steroids, controlled substances or other products that present a risk to consumer safety; (4) drug paraphernalia; (5) ammunition, firearms, or firearm parts or related accessories; (6) weapons or knives regulated under applicable law; (7) goods or services that encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to engage in illegal activity;

Maybe should have used a Visa or MasterCard? They're the biggest players and I bet if Visa did this regularly, a lot of people would leave them. Or American Express if you're a rich snob. Either way, money orders given to the government from the government are probably the way to go in the future

Maybe should have used a Visa or MasterCard? They're the biggest players and I bet if Visa did this regularly, a lot of people would leave them. Or American Express if you're a rich snob. Either way, money orders given to the government from the government are probably the way to go in the future
This was a Mastercard. It was Capitol one's fraud department that declined it. Apparently the ATF qualifies as a Nigerian Prince? :rolleyes:

The FFL where I bought it from has the form. I was unaware of it myself until it was given to me as an option. I did this to know when they did the charge so it would tell me they are working on it.
That's interesting. Thanks for sharing, I didn't even know that was even an option anymore. For the better part of ten years I've used checks but I can see the convenience of plastic if they give you the option. I mean, heck, points is points.

You would also know that the ATF is working on it if you wrote them a personal check...
Just go to your online banking site, and look to see when your check cleared.
That would tell you the same thing as seeing the charge hit on your credit card.

I've used Cap One's Master Card Professional Since 1997 and never encountered a problem. Lots of bulk Ammo, parts and even a firearm purchase or two.Now if this was Bank of America or Citi Bank I wouldn't be surprised.

I've used Cap One's Master Card Professional Since 1997 and never encountered a problem. Lots of bulk Ammo, parts and even a firearm purchase or two.Now if this was Bank of America or Citi Bank I wouldn't be surprised.
I got rid of my CitiBank and BoA cards a couple of years ago (early 2018) when they came out publicly against the 2A.
A whole helluva lotta places lost my business in the virtue-signalling frenzy following the MSD high school shooting in Parkland, Florida. Phuq 'em! :mad:

Still use US Bank (I buy a lot of 2A stuff with that card) and occasionally Discover (just for the point/cash rebate specials that they routinely offer).

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top