JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This ever happen to any of you?

Was curious what was taking so long, called them today. Got to an actual person, they told me that an error in their end caused my return to go back through processing and will take a couple more weeks.
More annoyed than worried.

When I was 22 and in college the IRS came after me for what they said was an error on my return from three years prior. Somebody on their end literally transposed my return...meaning I got back all of $300 that year and they read the wrong column and said I owed them the $300...plus interest :rolleyes:

It took me six months to get it straightened out all the while they were sending me nasty notices threatening to prosecute me, attach my wages, etc. And in the end once they realized what THEY did wrong, not even so much as an "oops, sorry."

As long as they're not coming after me they can take all the time they need. Eff'ing thieving tax Nazis that they are. :rolleyes:

This ever happen to any of you?

Was curious what was taking so long, called them today. Got to an actual person, they told me that an error in their end caused my return to go back through processing and will take a couple more weeks.
More annoyed than worried.
They messed something up and it delays your refund at least another two weeks. Sounds like a typical government agency...

I don't owe anything this year, thankfully. The woman on the line did say it was their fault, and there was nothing wrong with my return.
The main annoyance to me is that I had been tracking my return with the IRS2Go app, and there was no info regarding this on there. I just hope they don't decide it's theirs, as this will be the first year in a while I don't owe anything.

From, "The Official IRS Glossary of Official Sounding Word Stuff";

Reprocessing [Ree-praw-ces-zing], verb,

a common term, in current usage, generally meaning;
1) - to pass a form around the lunchroom until everyone can have a good laugh at it.
2) - to pin a form to the bulletin board until everyone can have a good laugh at it.
3) - to read said form, out loud in a goofy voice, to intimate that it's author was a "doofus", a "redneck", or an "old fart". Often accompanied with a funny faces and/or walking funny.
Or, less frequently....
4) - Placement of a form found at the top of the pile, back to the bottom of the file, if someone asks a question about the form. Usually done with an exaggerated flourish in front of co-workers so everyone can have a good laugh.

From, "The Official IRS Glossary of Official Sounding Word Stuff";

Reprocessing [Ree-praw-ces-zing], verb,

a common term, in current usage, generally meaning;
1) - to pass a form around the lunchroom until everyone can have a good laugh at it.
2) - to pin a form to the bulletin board until everyone can have a good laugh at it.
3) - to read said form, out loud in a goofy voice, to intimate that it's author was a "doofus", a "redneck", or an "old fart". Often accompanied with a funny faces and/or walking funny.
Or, less frequently....
4) - Placement of a form found at the top of the pile, back to the bottom of the file, if someone asks a question about the form. Usually done with an exaggerated flourish in front of co-workers so everyone can have a good laugh.
3 is likely.

We're two weeks into the process, filed electronically, all seems to be progressing nicely. Expecting the refunds state and federal in the next 10 days or so. :D
Filed mine about the 3rd week of Jan. and both were accepted within a week. Getting a portion of the kicker back after deducting what I owe but haven't heard anything from them yet. I'm guessing they're trying to figure out a way to keep it. :(

Supposedly the additional time on the state return was there to "proof through filings to ensure fraud prevention" or something like that....

Filed mine about the 3rd week of Jan. and both were accepted within a week. Getting a portion of the kicker back after deducting what I owe but haven't heard anything from them yet. I'm guessing they're trying to figure out a way to keep it. :(
My fed got accepted immediately, but got kicked back for reprocessing, for some reason. State appears to be as normal.

Both federal and state were accepted upon electronic submission. I do electronic funds transfer, fed says 21 days. Oregon refunds should start flowing today, the 18th.

Last time there was a kicker (2018) even though I e-filed early, Oregon waited until 4/15 to issue my refund. If they issue it after that then they have to pay you interest. They're just using your money until the last possible moment.

Wife and I owe every year. figure it out and sent it off electronically. I always wait for them to send a bill, which shows they accepted it. Then on the 14th I electronically pay them and always round it up and ad a $1 to be safe. Around summer I get a check in the mail from them for the $1 and change ;) This year we only owe just over 2K which is great. Normally it's twice that and we both made more money this year than last.

My wife and I filed with h&r block the last 5 years. Last year we were due back a $6500+ return. After the standard month I called. Unknown to me I was " randomly selected " to have extra verification of my identity. Not the accuracy of my tax return but for identity theft. I have been notified about once a month for the past couple years I have compromised personal data on the web. Another month goes by....... nothing. Called again and restarted the process over.
We filed in February. We got the return WITHOUT interest in June. A bunch of thieves with no one holding them accountable.

Last year I got an extension because I could not find all the receipts from the timber sale. I still can't find them. So I took the total board feet, compared it to the price per board feet when I bought the land, and the difference was the profit. Not exact (because I didn't use the exact board feet for cedar vs. fir), but close enough.

Sent it in late October. Got back a response that I had made mistakes and owed more money. Didn't get everything paid off until December.

This year between I will get back about $5500 because I left my W4 at the same as I did during 2018 (to pay down the taxes I would owe for the timber sale) and paid way more withholdings than I needed, plus the kicker is based on the taxes I paid in 2018 so it was double (according to the Oregon calculator) what I thought it would be.

This year I will start SSI in August so I will owe some taxes on that (unless they withhold a % when they pay me).

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top