JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is the first year my wife and I need to have our taxes done professionally. We are looking to get a home this coming year and we are not sure how to go about balancing our write offs versus showing more income for a better loan. Any recommended people or businesses in the Hillsboro/Beaverton/Portland area. Thank you.

Nathan Wheeler, Bridge City Advisors,they have a Beaverton office off of Cornell and a Milwaukie office off of Hwy 224. Phone #503 659-9434.

I have used him for years and can tell you he is really good at getting more than any other accountants.

PM me for more detail.

I've used a half dozen guys in the last 20 years and this guy is the best Garland Taylor CPA, PC

He's a pro-2A gun guy also.

Tell him the guy that ditched his IRA for silver, gold and guns sent you. He'll know who you are talking about lol. A lot of accountants/CPAs are hard to work with because they believe in safe havens and investments that are BS. They also are too conservative about deductions.

This guy believes as I do - pay what I am legally required to do so but not one penny more.

I have met Garland and he was great. Spent some time with me even though we decided I couldn't afford his services. For his fee, he offers comprehensive, year-long consulting advise. I wouldnt hesitate to recommend a guy who tells you that you'd be better off finding someone else and still spends 30 minutes giving advice afterwards.

I'm happy to be currently with SanDee Tharpe at NW Tax services. They charge by the form so I'd get an estimate before plunging in. It was the most I've ever paid to have them done, however, it was also the best return I've ever had.

Don't have a lot of specific advise but I will say this, my wife and I have used a CPA for years for our taxes and it has been well worth the cost, and a couple years ago finally convinced my parents to use a CPA for their taxes which for 20 plus years my dad has done them and they had to pay at the end of the year and when they finally got them done by CPA they got a pretty nice size return. I still give my mom a hard time about how much money dad has cost them over the years because he refused to pay someone to do them. Moral of the story is, if you have enough income, assets, write offs, etc, save yourself the time, headache and most likely losses and pay a good pro to get it done.

Wow lots of recommendations for CPA. I few of you have mentioned the cost. Do you have a general price estimate? I know these things vary from person to person, but how much are we talkin. :cool:

The costs really are based on what you want the CPA to do. If you have multiple companies/LLC's, Family Trusts, retirement assets, Mutual Funds, Securities, Real Estate, or any other investments, asset or liabilities that require a tax consideration it will take more time and cost a little more.

Give one a call and run your situation by them and ask for an estimate. One thing about a CPA is that they are very good with numbers and do not generally undersell their services.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top