JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I feel like I've had this same thing happen with a pistol but I really didn't care. In general, I try to avoid shops that employ young men and prefer to work with sole proprietors. Helps build a great relationship and I even get an unsolicited discount now and then

The amount I shoot to get my AKs that dirty is quite a lot, and I don't clean em much either. I wouldn't think tavors get dirtier than AKs.

Something tells me its new in the sense its new to you. :confused:

I had made a phone call before, and when I got there they already had an order qued up and in green to boot, which I had mentioned I wanted the day before (settled on black since that was what they had) They were very apologetic and willing to refund, reduce price, or get me a new one. They believed me but when I popped the bolt out on the counter they were eyes wide very surprised, apparently the tag and papers for it on there end were labeled *new*
I considered keeping the used one at a reduced price but the insides were so abused Id rather start new.
All in all they gave me some free ammo for my troubles and were very polite and embarrassed, my new baby should be here this week (maybe considering holidays) and I'll absolutely do business there again. However I'll be checking my new guns too from here on out ;)

I had made a phone call before, and when I got there they already had an order qued up and in green to boot, which I had mentioned I wanted the day before (settled on black since that was what they had) They were very apologetic and willing to refund, reduce price, or get me a new one. They believed me but when I popped the bolt out on the counter they were eyes wide very surprised, apparently the tag and papers for it on there end were labeled *new*
I considered keeping the used one at a reduced price but the insides were so abused Id rather start new.
All in all they gave me some free ammo for my troubles and were very polite and embarrassed, my new baby should be here this week (maybe considering holidays) and I'll absolutely do business there again. However I'll be checking my new guns too from here on out ;)
Nice. A few of us (myself included) may have been a little quick to judge. Kudos to whoever the shop is.

Awesome. Good to hear.

AAR guns in Estacada. Probably out of the way for most of you but its a sweet little shop with a lot of unique pieces. They have my business

Not trying to defend the gun store but we need to keep in mind most, if not all new guns come through distributors. Like Davidson's and others. It's a supply chain thing. Then there are retail chains like Cabelas where a new gun in one store may get transferred to another store. I have no doubt the OP's gun was shot more than it should have been, then sold as new. It's tough to know exactly who did the shooting.

Not trying to defend the gun store but we need to keep in mind most, if not all new guns come through distributors. Like Davidson's and others. It's a supply chain thing. Then there are retail chains like Cabelas where a new gun in one store may get transferred to another store. I have no doubt the OP's gun was shot more than it should have been, then sold as new. It's tough to know exactly who did the shooting.
I may be misreading this but it now sounds to me like it was a used gun but just mis-marked somehow.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top